hmies

Castle building board game - Albarrana

Hi!

I'm a board game designer who recently designed a game about castle building and combat. I was frustrated with not having a game where you actually design the shape of the walls and towers etc instead of just managing the building process. Legos are the perfect components for such a game. I suppose you people on this board might be interested in such a creation. 

The game is called Albarrana and you can find the rules here and the boardgamegeek-site here.

I'd appreciate all feedback on the rules and the game, but most of all I'd appreciate any of you having a go at it. You can't design board games for money - only to be played and enjoyed. :)

pic3259983.jpg

Avid boardgamer here, I read through the rules and it sounds fun! It definitely seems like a different sort of game than your usual battle games. Some of the attacking/defending mechanics seem a little confusing, but I get the feeling it wouldn't take long to get the hang of.

I don't know when I'll actually have a chance to play, but I'll post my feedback here when I do.

I love board games!!! I play them all the time! I am very interested in your game. I will have to check it out some time! 

On 11/18/2016 at 0:04 AM, rodiziorobs said:

Avid boardgamer here, I read through the rules and it sounds fun! It definitely seems like a different sort of game than your usual battle games. Some of the attacking/defending mechanics seem a little confusing, but I get the feeling it wouldn't take long to get the hang of.

I don't know when I'll actually have a chance to play, but I'll post my feedback here when I do.

Yeah the battles are the harder part of the game, but once you get where you have archers and how far they can shoot, it's quite straight forward.