Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

The new GCPD pack is great! I felt as though two Officers for Arkham was far from enough - so it's nice to have more available, and even some variety within the mix! I would definitely like to pick up 2, possibly 3 of these packs alongside Arkham Asylum. 

46 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

As far as I know she is based of a Halloween costume. Look up "pink batgirl" and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, it's not based on any of the Batman comics I've read, which is the majority of them at this point.

I wonder if we could wind up seeing another pack like this, with Batsuits like the kissed one or the bunny suit, which have merch but no official minifigs so far.

For anyone in the UK IbFound some CMF'S in Sainsbury's and picked up some.

Edited by Tariq j

do we know yet where and when #30523: The Joker Battle Training  and #30521: The Mini Batmobile  will be available?

Edited by Mattallica
double post

6 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

16105699_1248172655264888_72044995872935Wow, we are getting chief o'hara as a fig! Where did you find this image and do you have any idea of what those pieces underneath are for?

This pack looks pretty awesome! A lot of great things; dual-molded legs, bunch of police stuff, the perfect head for Joe West from the Flash, and O'Hara!

10 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

do we know yet where and when #30523: The Joker Battle Training  and #30521: The Mini Batmobile  will be available?

The Joker one will probably be a promo, I imagine, and the Batmobile I'd imagine will be made available for purchase in stores like TRU or something.

Also, is that some sort of polybag set?

I read the junior novel of the film and here's the thing-

Spoiler

Chief O'Hara is referred to as a he. I don't know if this was an error on the writer's part (which is isn't uncommon for film to book adaptations) but if so the mystery of this character goes back to square one 

9 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

The Joker one will probably be a promo, I imagine, and the Batmobile I'd imagine will be made available for purchase in stores like TRU or something.

Also, is that some sort of polybag set?

So, no then?

15 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I read the junior novel of the film and here's the thing-

Hide contents

Chief O'Hara is referred to as a he. I don't know if this was an error on the writer's part (which is isn't uncommon for film to book adaptations) but if so the mystery of this character goes back to square one 

That's because Chief O'hara is a dude. He was in the 1960's bat man show and is known for being a man. Who or what brought the idea of chief O'hara being a female? I understand that their could be a gender swap, but that's just weird.

Edited by Amazing Bricks

10 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

So, no then?

Oh, they'll available for sure some time in the future, we aren't exactly sure when though.

50 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:
  Hide contents

That's because Chief O'hara is a dude. He was in the 1960's bat man show and is known for being a man. Who or what brought the idea of chief O'hara being a female? I understand that their could be a gender swap, but that's just weird.

I know- I'm not quite sure who brought it up either. Weird to me as well. Anyway once LEGO releases an offices description for the pack we'll know for definite who she is :classic:

Edited by Duncan Young

5 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Well, then it's probably not chief o'hara. 

Unless the novelization is inaccurate; they aren't the most reliable sources, as often they're written with a time constraint or with an earlier version of a script. Since we've gotten conflicting sources on O'hara, we'll just have to wait and see.

Love that police pack, was just thinking yesterday too that I wish there was a cheaper way to army-build the GCPD - this is perfect. Since it's only available in Lego stores (apparently) would you be able to buy a few, pass the $50 and get the Two Batman polypag too?

6 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

Love that police pack, was just thinking yesterday too that I wish there was a cheaper way to army-build the GCPD - this is perfect. Since it's only available in Lego stores (apparently) would you be able to buy a few, pass the $50 and get the Two Batman polypag too?

I like it a lot too and I hope it's available through the LEGO store.  It seems like it's been a major scavenger hunt to get these sets at decent prices.  

Anyway, How do we know it's only available at LEGO stores?

11 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

Do we even know if it will release before/during February? 

1 hour ago, The Brick King said:

This pack looks pretty awesome! A lot of great things; dual-molded legs, bunch of police stuff, the perfect head for Joe West from the Flash, and O'Hara!

I thought the same thing when I saw that head, finally I can have a proper Joe :D

10 minutes ago, BrickOCD said:

Anyway, How do we know it's only available at LEGO stores?

I thought that's what I read, but I could definitely be wrong.

4 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

Ok. Thanks.  And if it IS sold at Lego stores, they should honor the polybag giveaway with it, as long as the amount qualifies.

2 hours ago, The Brick King said:

agreed with Joe West

43 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

These 'Accessory Sets' as they are called are almost always solely sold in Lego Stores and Lego Shop @ Home. The only exception I can recall from recent memory is that cheap 2 figure Ninjago pack sold in ToysRUs with Kai and one of the green ghosts figs from last year.

Edited by Legocity2713

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

These 'Accessory Sets' as they are called are almost always solely sold in Lego Stores and Lego Shop @ Home. The only exception I can recall from recent memory is that cheap 2 figure Ninjago pack sold in ToysRUs with Kai and one of the green ghosts figs from last year.

That would be awesome.  I'll be on the lookout.  Thanks.  And thanks for bringing it up Retrotaco :wink: