Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

So a JLA party set? That would make sense considering GA isn't in the CMF. I imagine we'll get most of the new heroes/variants here and the rest in the CMF. Hopefully there's more to it than the party though, I feel that for it to be a decent D2C it should include-

• The main entrance 
  • A decent exterior capturing the Fortress' iconic shape (might be hard to pull off but I have faith in the designers)
  • The party room (obviously)
  • The Atomic Cauldron (though, again, might be difficult to acheive)
  • The crystal room (with a Jor-El sticker, though a print would be preferable)
  • Several unique figs based off the party attendants
Edited by Duncan Young

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I'd wager that we'll probably see Green Arrow. No sources or anything, just my gut feeling.

Yeah I feel the same

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

So a JLA party set? Makes sence as giving why GA isn't in the CMF. I imagine we'll get most of the new heroes/variants here and the rest in the CMF. Hopefully there's more to it than the party though. I'm hoping for a decent exterior with the massive key hole and the crystal room with Jor-El's head

I bet Superman's Father (can't remember his name) will be in it with the crystal room, maybe with a new crystal piece that was featured in the movie?

If they went the same route as the Ninjago City with one villain. I'm pretty certain the villain would be Zod. 

22 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

If they went the same route as the Ninjago City with one villain. I'm pretty certain the villain would be Zod. 

I just hope that between this set and the CMF wave we'll be able to complete this classic Justice League line up.

Does anyone know which figures that have already been released in the DC line would fit with this style??

I'm assuming that the figures of Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquamam, Hawkman and Cyborg will all fit in. I'm not so sure about Hawkman and Wonderwoman...

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

I just hope that between this set and the CMF wave we'll be able to complete this classic Justice League line up.

Does anyone know which figures that have already been released in the DC line would fit with this style??

I'm assuming that the figures of Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquamam, Hawkman and Cyborg will all fit in. I'm not so sure about Hawkman and Wonderwoman...

Wonder Woman is the same as her 2012 version, Hawkman I think is also the same as his original fig. While Cyborg is based off his classic costume from the 80s

Edit- unless you meant which characters would fit in with the Super Friends aesthetic?

Edited by Duncan Young

13 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Wonder Woman is the same as her 2012 version, Hawkman I think is also the same as his original fig. While Cyborg is based off his classic costume from the 80s

Edit- unless you meant which characters would fit in with the Super Friends aesthetic?

Now I'm confused...I was referring to completing the League as they appeared in the movie...which I guess is the Super Friends aesthetic...

Sorry! My bad! Here are all the characters in the scene

Released figs-

Wonder Woman (2012), Superman (2012), Aquaman (2013), Flash (2014), Hawkman (2015), Martian Manhunter (2015)

Unreleased variants-

Cyborg (new variant, based off the 80s), Green Lantern (2015 with slight variation), Green Arrow (classic costume)

Unreleased characters-

Wonder Dog, Gleek, Zan and Jayna, Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado, Hawkgirl, Black Canary

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

So a JLA party set? That would make sense considering GA isn't in the CMF. I imagine we'll get most of the new heroes/variants here and the rest in the CMF. Hopefully there's more to it than the party though, I feel that for it to be a decent D2C it should include-

• The main entrance 
  • A decent exterior capturing the Fortress' iconic shape (might be hard to pull off but I have faith in the designers)
  • The party room (obviously)
  • The Atomic Cauldron (though, again, might be difficult to acheive)
  • The crystal room (with a Jor-El sticker, though a print would be preferable)
  • Several unique figs based off the party attendants

My guess would be that it would only be a $20-$25 minifigure heavy set, similar to 2015's Double Decker Couch for TLM. It perhaps would have 5 to 6 figures composed mostly of more obscure Leaguers such as the Wonder Twins and Apache Chief.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

My guess would be that it would only be a $20-$25 minifigure heavy set, similar to 2015's Double Decker Couch for TLM. It perhaps would have 5 to 6 figures composed mostly of more obscure Leaguers such as the Wonder Twins and Apache Chief.

Huh? I was assuming that the party set was the D2C

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Huh? I was assuming that the party set was the D2C

Oh, well, I don't know anything. That is just my guess, but I really couldn't see the D2C being a Fortress of Solitude type set.

25 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Sorry! My bad! Here are all the characters in the scene

Released figs-

Wonder Woman (2012), Superman (2012), Aquaman (2013), Flash (2014), Hawkman (2015), Martian Manhunter (2015)

Unreleased variants-

Cyborg (new variant, based off the 80s), Green Lantern (2015 with slight variation), Green Arrow (classic costume)

Unreleased characters-

Wonder Dog, Gleek, Zan and Jayna, Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado, Hawkgirl, Black Canary

Is it already confirmed that the D2C would be TLBM based? If so that would be a huge pass for me. And if you're right about the Fortress Party scene I'll just get the figs. The figures I'd like to get from that scene is the Silver Age Oliver Queen and Teen Titans Cyborg. I won't count Dinah seeing she'll be in the CMF. The only thing different with that New 52 Hal Jordan in the fortress is the teeth

Just now, BatofGotham said:

Is it already confirmed that the D2C would be TLBM based? If so that would be a huge pass for me. And if you're right about the Fortress Party scene I'll just get the figs. The figures I'd like to get from that scene is the Silver Age Oliver Queen and Teen Titans Cyborg. I won't count Dinah seeing she'll be in the CMF. The only thing different with that New 52 Hal Jordan in the fortress is the teeth

Yeah, I just meant the characters in the movie scene not the set as Dinah is in the CMF and I doubt we'll see WW, Flash, MM or Hawkman due to their unchanged appearances

57 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Now I'm confused...I was referring to completing the League as they appeared in the movie...which I guess is the Super Friends aesthetic...

Not everything in that set was in the Super Friends aesthetic. The Aquaman,GL,Hawkman are in their New 52 suits. And Martian Manhunter is in his Pre-52. Maybe they just settled for the figs they already made:laugh:

6 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Yeah, I just meant the characters in the movie scene not the set as Dinah is in the CMF and I doubt we'll see WW, Flash, MM or Hawkman due to their unchanged appearances

Cyborg and Ollie are both what I said they wore in the movie scene. The Flash is changed though. Barry sports a different belt same as what he wore in Pre 52

EDIT: My mistake I checked the Flash fig again and it:laugh: still looks similar

Edited by BatofGotham

I was thinking about the villains we hadn't got in the CMF and the ones rumored in sets

CMF:

Dr.Phosferess           

Dr.Hugo Strange

Crazy Quilt

Gentleman Ghost

Clock King

Killer Moth

Rumored in sets:

Egghead

Condiment King

Captain Boomerang

Possible other CMF:

Agent Smith

Soccer Mom Batgirl

Lady Bat

Party dress Barbra

Night Wing

60's Batman Alfred

I'm sure there are plenty of other Bat suits as well for Batman CMF series 2.

Everyone, last I checked this is not a wishlist thread. 

Do not list names of characters you want. Do not list names of sets you wish would happen. Do not spend pages speculating on which building is for sure going to be the D2C set. All of that is baseless speculation. Every time that occurs, this thread goes off the rails. As far as I can tell, this "JLA Party Set" is nothing but one member's wish that's turned into a discussion about which costume variant Lego will use for each character. The answer is none. That is not an upcoming set.  

Focus on the sets we have, will have, and are confirmed to be receiving. If you wish to discuss wishes and speculation, take it to the appropriate place.    

I don't like to micromanage discussions, I only want discussions to take place in the appropriate threads. Thanks.:thumbup: 

1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

Do not list names of characters you want. Do not list names of sets you wish would happen. Do not spend pages speculating on which building is for sure going to be the D2C set. All of that is baseless speculation. Every time that occurs, this thread goes off the rails. As far as I can tell, this "JLA Party Set" is nothing but one member's wish that's turned into a discussion about which costume variant Lego will use for each character. The answer is none. That is not an upcoming set.  

Focus on the sets we have, will have, and are confirmed to be receiving. If you wish to discuss wishes and speculation, take it to the appropriate place.    

I don't like to micromanage discussions, I only want discussions to take place in the appropriate threads. Thanks.:thumbup: 

Apologies Captain, I did not intend on causing rampant wishlisting. I'll continue the discussion in the suitable thread

Keep up the good work :classic:

Edited by Duncan Young

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm not questioning your authority but wasn't the justice league D2C rumour hinted at and that's what set of the chain reaction?

16 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I'm not questioning your authority but wasn't the justice league D2C rumour hinted at and that's what set of the chain reaction?

To clarify, based on the discussion, it would seem that some individuals supported the idea of a Justice League Party set, perhaps even hinting at it. But, Duncan Young may have viewed this as confirmation for the D2C, which Tragic Banjo had previously stated was unlikely, leading to today's conversation.

19 hours ago, latenightguy said:

To clarify, based on the discussion, it would seem that some individuals supported the idea of a Justice League Party set, perhaps even hinting at it. But, Duncan Young may have viewed this as confirmation for the D2C, which Tragic Banjo had previously stated was unlikely, leading to today's conversation.

Oh right I see, cheers :)

If any Dutch folks are interested: I saw the activity book with The Penguin figure at bookshop Bruna, for €6,99. 

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

If any Dutch folks are interested: I saw the activity book with The Penguin figure at bookshop Bruna, for €6,99. 

Will walk by tomorrow. Thanks!

Picked up the Scarecrow set today. I absolutely love it! Both figures are great and I'm glad that they did something different with Batman. The Scarecrow copter is amazing and I think it's a very good build. I'm glad to be able to add this to my display! 

okay so why on earth is there no mad hatter minifigure , the closest we have so far is that mad harriet minidoll from the dc superhero girls batgirl secret base

1 hour ago, TheGlynreaper said:

okay so why on earth is there no mad hatter minifigure , the closest we have so far is that mad harriet minidoll from the dc superhero girls batgirl secret base

Is that Genderswap Mad Hatter?