Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Free with 40$ purchase

Great!   On the Lego SHOP or at Toys r us?

On 8. 6. 2017 at 6:24 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

Yes, we can expect the two. Boomie is expected in a smaller set and Tweety is a CMF.

Can you, please, explain who are Boomie and Tweety?

39 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

Captain Boomerang and Black Canary 

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

I'd guess tweety is black canary as she is in the cmf and well you know bird sounds and Boomie would be captain boomerang.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

On 6/8/2017 at 9:55 AM, BrickHat said:

Here I am, visiting So Cal for a month, but without being able to go to Legoland (not that worth it for just adults). Oh well, at least the price of the battle pod will drop in the US.

If you can get to Legoland, you can always enter on a Shopper's Pass.  You pay for parking, buy a ticket, and then get an hour in the park.  After that hour, exit the park, and they will refund your full admission price.  If you spend $20, they will refund your parking as well.

I'm in SoCal, didn't have my annual pass last year, and did it about 10 different times.

So I called my local TRU (in the US) and they couldn't find the Battle Pod on their system, but apparently other people have called their respective stores and discovered that the promo will run starting June 17.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

If you can get to Legoland, you can always enter on a Shopper's Pass.  You pay for parking, buy a ticket, and then get an hour in the park.  After that hour, exit the park, and they will refund your full admission price.  If you spend $20, they will refund your parking as well.

I'm in SoCal, didn't have my annual pass last year, and did it about 10 different times.

Oh wow thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do that if I go near San Diego.

9 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I'd guess tweety is black canary as she is in the cmf and well you know bird sounds and Boomie would be captain boomerang.

Should've been boomer:laugh:

20 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Tru

Fellow canadians, you should Check in your Toys r us this week, because here, in Québec, the battle pod promotion is already on!

i've got two this morning!!  

On 9. 6. 2017 at 8:48 PM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Ah, that slang.

I picked up 5 of the tiger suit battle pod polybags at my local TRU in Iowa. Also got the ultimate batmobile for $110.

Grabbed the Tiger Suit while I was grabbing an Elves set for the niece. Frankly surprised they had them.

Went looking for the Battle Pod in 2 separate TRUs and sadly didn't find it - just learned of this promo. Does it officially start now or next week? I can't seem to find any trace of it on the official TRU website and only heard about it through here and The Brick Fan... thanks!

I have two TRUs near me. TRU A had explicit signage up for this particular promotion, but had nothing but mini-batmobile polybags. So I called TRU B. They had the Batpod, but no idea about the promotion and no idea what to do with them. They were gracious enough to sell me a few, one for me, one for my nephew, and one for a friend. They also rang up for 20% off, as with the rest of the LEGO Batman stuff. Yay.

(I'm in the Atlanta area. PM me if you're nearby and would like more info.)

Nice find! Good parts there! Especially the hat, collar and jumpsuit torso. That's six different Arkham inmates already, just another 30+ to go :grin:

53 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Arkham Penguin Exclusive Minifigure

Aren't those all recycled parts? I have a CMF Joker inmate sitting right here and the torso appears to be the same on in the photo.

Really really great figure! This means that I can return Rocket Racoon's legs to where they belong. 

2 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Aren't those all recycled parts? I have a CMF Joker inmate sitting right here and the torso appears to be the same on in the photo.

Agree

I don't get why this is being promoted as an "exclusive".

He is even reusing this face from the Artic Roller set

Image result for lego batman movie penguin

4 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Yes I think so, nothing is exclusive just like what they do with magazines. But still nice way to get a cheap penguin head/ that fur and the top hat/ umbrella piece, so it's a win win. + orange short legs which Rocket Racoon used to ha

Just now, Robert8 said:

Agree

I don't get why this is being promoted as an "exclusive".

He is even reusing this face from the Artic Roller set

Nowadays, exclusive is probably just a ordinary word. Saying it's a new combination of parts that is existing already.

I wouldn't call it cheap myself, $15-20 for some books and a cobbled figure. The umbrella is only 15 cents on B&P, so that's not a big deal. Legs are averaging around 50 cents on Bricklink right now. I have not checked B&P for the other parts though. For someone who does like the books, pretty decent to get all those pieces though.   :classic:

@Darkdragon You're actually right. But it is more convenient, less hassle in shipping and all the stuff. Just buy the book and you got the pieces. IMO, I am not surprised at all that it is not exclusive they've done that multiple times with the magazine saying exclusive Joker/ Batman etc etc.