Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

Ah a good point, I was misremembering Owen Mercer's outfit as being the same as the version in the Croc set! But you are correct they technically are the same character just from different continuities now. 

Don't get me wrong though, you can most definitely consider it his son, due to extremely close costumes. I've dubbed the Robin from the Deathstroke set Jason Todd even though it's Dick's New 52 Robin costume.

Feel bad to those who spent alot of money for BattlePod seeing now the price has drastically go down. 

What else we're missing in Bruce Wayne's suit(s)? Anyone? 

Anyone bought Two-Face's truck yet? :look: 

I saw it in store today, looks nice but feels a little small for the price. I have a feeling it'll be $45-50 on Amazon in a few weeks so I'll wait until then, since Two-Face is one of my favorite villains. :laugh: 

Edited by mediumsnowman

8 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I saw it in store today, looks nice but feels a little small for the price. I have a feeling it'll be $45-50 on Amazon in a few weeks so I'll wait until then, since Two-Face is one of my favorite villains. :laugh: 

My Toysrus has had the sets for a while now up in the storage areas. I had to ask them to pull down the Bane one but they didn't bother bringing down more to put on the shelves. I also mentioned that there was a Twoface set but the employee couldn't care less. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, mediumsnowman said:

I picked it up at Walmart two days ago. The price is a bit high but the Two Face is so great and the printing is great all around. His truck was a really fun build and looks great in my opinion. Bathawk is great too. All around really great set!

i got both the bane and two face sets two weeks ago and they were buy one get the other for 40% off

two faces bucket loader is a fun build and i really like how one side is pristine and the other is distressed and missing parts instead of just two different colors like previous TF vehicles. but yeah it is kind of small.

banes truck is kind of boring and i wish it was bigger more in scale with his fig as they already did the big fig/tiny vehicle thing with croc

Got all the new sets yesterday. Have started the Ultimate Batmobile, but have only built the Bike and the Car part so far (Built the Saturn V first). Love the Winged Monkeys. Also was able to pick up a couple of Battlepods from Toysrus.

I've been thinking about the Batmobile set and ultimately I think I'll just get Polka-Dot Man, his stand and the Bat-Signal separately. 3/8 figs are duplicates and I have no need for the build nor the Wizard if Oz stuff

7 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I've been thinking about the Batmobile set and ultimately I think I'll just get Polka-Dot Man, his stand and the Bat-Signal separately. 3/8 figs are duplicates and I have no need for the build nor the Wizard if Oz stuff

Actually, I'll give up on that idea- On Bricklink the asking prices for PDM are upwards of £34! Outrageous!

Edited by Duncan Young

On 2.6.2017 at 3:46 AM, mediumsnowman said:

Funny,went to the Lego Store yesterday to pick up a new Set (already bought the Bane Truck for 40 Euros at TRU) and looked at other new Sets yesterday.While the Two Face Vehicle looks great,the Box really feels light for the asking Price.

Must be those Wheels and the Shovel that take up most of the Box :D

So... I REALLY want to buy three of the Two Face sets, so I can have a split vehicle, but also a totally two faced one and a clean one. 

Do I have a problem?

Just now, GeekByKnight said:

So... I REALLY want to buy three of the Two Face sets, so I can have a split vehicle, but also a totally two faced one and a clean one. 

Do I have a problem?

Not really, I've made six versions of Killer Moth and Firefly. EACH. AND I'd like 20 of Bane's tank so I could have a militia like in Arkham Knight :grin::look:

6 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Do I have a problem?

The question should not be "Do I have a problem?", it should be "Do I have the money?"

I think it was JangBricks who said that with two of the set, you could make them equal, I think its a pretty good idea, if you got the money you should do it

2 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Do I have a problem?

Dew it!!!!!!

4 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Do I have a problem?

That would be awesome. Would be really interesting to see the Falcone Construction Co. truck especially :thumbup:

About the Egghead Mech set

Isn't it weird that such a minor villain is getting his own set? While other more well-know iconic villains like Poison Ivy and Hugo Strange didn't. Heck, even Killer Moth is more well-known than Egghead

I have to say I never heard about Egghead until the LEGO Batman Movie came out. 

(And let alone Ra's al Ghul, Hush, Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist, who were totally excluded)

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Heck, even Killer Moth is more well-known than Egghead

A lot of villains are, he was made for the 60's show and has only appeared in very minor roles since. He seems more fit for the CMF, especially since another character made for the show was in the first CMF (King Tut).

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Isn't it weird that such a minor villain is getting his own set? While other more well-know iconic villains like Poison Ivy and Hugo Strange didn't. Heck, even Killer Moth is more well-known than Egghead

(And let alone Ra's al Ghul, Hush, Mad Hatter and Ventriloquist, who were totally excluded)

If you read the Making of the movie book its not too hard to understand,

it was originally designed as a vehicle for the Penguin, but the egg shape made the design team think more of egghead and then they fell in love with the whole concept.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I see where you're coming from, but this movie is supposed to be unique and different to the main DC Superheroes line, plus I would be grateful, considering this is probably the only chance to get some of these minor characters. I think TLG just want to have some different and not well-known characters, plus some AFOLs will find these characters (King Tut, Egghead) nostalgic.

It's not nostalgia for me. I legitimately love Egghead and King Tut; I'd take them over Black Mask, Firefly, and a bunch of other villains people always seem to be clamoring for any day. I get that that's just me, but I'm grateful. :classic:

1 hour ago, Super Fish Oil said:

It's not nostalgia for me. I legitimately love Egghead and King Tut; I'd take them over Black Mask, Firefly, and a bunch of other villains people always seem to be clamoring for any day. I get that that's just me, but I'm grateful. :classic:

That's why I think TLG made the decision to use these characters, and it's unlikely we'll ever see them appear again.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:43 PM, Duncan Young said:

Actually, I'll give up on that idea- On Bricklink the asking prices for PDM are upwards of £34! Outrageous!

Oh good lord! I had the same plan, but at $50 a pop, you'd actually be losing money! Ugh. Bummer. 

7 hours ago, steveholt said:

I wished they had Maxie Zeus in the movie, maybe using the Caesar hairpiece

I'd say he would've seemed too similar in design to King Tut, and he's not the most campy of villains. If DC did something to up his profile, they could probably get him in a normal set somewhere down the line.

8 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

That's why I think TLG made the decision to use these characters, and it's unlikely we'll ever see them appear again.

Agreed. While not highly likely, Maxie Zeus is sliiiiiiiightly more likely to show up down the road than characters who have had no impact since the sixties show. I'll take any obscure ones I can get; I'm still ecstatic over an official Polka-Dot Man release.