Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

I don't really get why Batman movie didn't get a D2C

From all the 3 movies, I thought Batman was the most likely to get a D2C set

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

In my personal opinion, I hope that the resources were dedicated to the ninjago movie. Stylistically, i love what TLG has done and cannot wait to see the sets. If it means no Batman D2C so be it. Just hope that the Ninjago movie is better than the batman one- which basically means Ninjago just has to be moderately good compared to the rather mediocre (and somewhat lackluster) batman movie. 

I put no faith whatsoever in any of the babble from the Brickset forums, but y'all can believe it if you want.

I put no faith whatsoever in any of the babble from the Brickset forums, but y'all can believe it if you want.

Well... they have been on the chopping block for the past few days.

Edited by Penkid11

If they're really going to do a cmf series 2, I wonder if they'd hold back a set (or sets) for then.

7 hours ago, KevinMD said:

If they're really going to do a cmf series 2, I wonder if they'd hold back a set (or sets) for then.

Is there a new rumour of a CMF series 2???

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

13 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

In my personal opinion, I hope that the resources were dedicated to the ninjago movie. Stylistically, i love what TLG has done and cannot wait to see the sets. If it means no Batman D2C so be it. Just hope that the Ninjago movie is better than the batman one- which basically means Ninjago just has to be moderately good compared to the rather mediocre (and somewhat lackluster) batman movie. 

Isn't the Ultimate Batmobile set coming out on June 1st a D2C? I thought it was only available at Lego Stores and on Shop@Home. 

5 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Is there a new rumour of a CMF series 2???

Several have given indication here and on reddit that the chances are greater than 50/50. It wouldn't happen before Q1 2018 though. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Isn't the Ultimate Batmobile set coming out on June 1st a D2C? I thought it was only available at Lego Stores and on Shop@Home. 

If it is a D2C, it's a pretty lame excuse for one.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

No. It was at the Toy Fair (which only shows normal sets, and D2C sets that are already released to the public, or one that will release publicly within a month of the Toy Fair event. The Ultimate Batmobile applies to neither of those), and will be available through all retailers on launch.

Edited by Penkid11

7 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

No. It was at the Toy Fair (which only shows normal sets, and D2C sets that are already released to the public, or one that will release publicly within a month of the Toy Fair event. The Ultimate Batmobile applies to neither of those), and will be available through all retailers on launch.

So you saw the Ninjago sets??

6 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

So you saw the Ninjago sets??

I did not go to the Toy Fair. I'm not press.

However, you will notice while looking up the TLBM sets, there are hundreds of images and videos that star a publicly shown Ultimate Batmobile. You will also find images of the Silent Mary, which would release within a month after the Toy Fair ended. 

If you're trying to question my reasoning as to "what has typically been shown at the Toy Fairs," I can say that I've been through these Toy Fair seasons for 10 years. They have always been this way.

A reminder that a D2C set is only revealed via press release (and sometimes an event) within a month of its eventual launch, specifically so competitiors can't rip Lego off (Lepin and the like). Why is it that they've allowed us to see the Ultimate Batmobile, then? It's because it's not at that tier. It's the flagship set of the line (like Benny's Spaceship before it) and will be produced at the same scale.

Edited by Penkid11

On 27/04/2017 at 11:08 PM, Robert8 said:

You're getting 4 sets costing more than $100 and minifigs in 'basic' sets getting the premium treatment - let's not pretend Lego didn't throw everything at this theme

15 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Don't know if this has been posted but here is a look at Batgirl's expression from the polybag (middle two)

The winking face is very cool and unique. 

On 2017-2-25 at 8:15 AM, Captain Nemo said:

With all the other themes images coming out. When can we expect any news on a 3rd wave of LBM sets? 

30 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

With all the other themes images coming out. When can we expect any news on a 3rd wave of LBM sets? 

When some news shows up! :laugh:

I don't have any insider information on future LBM waves, or if we are even getting anything. Eventually something one way or the other will leak, but there's no set date for stuff like that. News comes when it comes. :thumbup:

As some people were talking about the Batgirl polybag, I'll take the chance to ask if anyone knows if Canadians will be able to buy the special edition Bluray Boxset, and where?

1 hour ago, Mat099 said:

As some people were talking about the Batgirl polybag, I'll take the chance to ask if anyone knows if Canadians will be able to buy the special edition Bluray Boxset, and where?

Just went and checked and it looks like I'm only finding it available on amazon.ca. 

23 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I wouldn't doubt it but I don't think we will see any pictures soon. TLM had a Winter wave, Summer wave, and another Winter wave. So I don't see there being no chance of there being another wave.

Unless the rumored CMF series 2 of TLBM will be given instead of another wave.

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Just went and checked and it looks like I'm only finding it available on amazon.ca. 

Oh, Yeah, just found it!    Thanks a lot!

I tried to do some pictures of 70902 with official background of the set.
I don't know whether someone has ever made it or not. 
gallery_54894_2646_515035.jpg

gallery_54894_2646_155109.jpg

gallery_54894_2646_623975.jpg

gallery_54894_2646_472137.jpg

gallery_54894_2646_371735.jpg