Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

These designs are so intriguing! It's clear they took a lot of influence from the Arkham games for a while there but shed pretty much all of it by the end. It's also really interesting that they were playing around with Flying Grayson imagery in Dick's civies, since his backstory outside of being an orphan was never even referenced. That second Robin suit and the first page of Batgirl designs seem to indicate a drastically different tone for the whole movie, passing on the embrace of every corner of source material for something a little more "cool". The abundance of white Jim Gordon designs compared to the smaller number of white Barbara ones seems to indicate that they spent a lot more time on Jim early on, and that the race decision was pretty immediate and came from outside of the design team. The 8b Batgirl design looks like it would fit in extremely well in Beware the Batman. A lot of those Riddler designs seem reminiscent of the unused Riddler designs from the Arkham games, and the second one seems to use some pretty unorthodox minifig techniques with the neck (would that even physically work?). It's also occured to me that Penguin's car looks reminiscent of the '89 Batmobile, the one that he famously hijacked in Batman Returns. Speaking of Returns, it also seems likely that the giant cat robot that was conceived of for Catwoman would be used in the Scuttler scene, most likely to recreate the famous "Mistletoe" bit, albeit with giant robots. The short hair on a couple of those Catwoman designs and the low necklines and necklaces seem reminiscent of Halle Berry's Catwoman, which surprisingly wasn't referenced despite being one of the biggest publicly-known, Batman-adjacent disasters. 

More than anything, though, I'm really hoping these designs wind up being recreated as MOCs!! (preferably with instructions)

Oh, one other thing: the book says that they liked Lego's Man-Bat design the best already, which is pretty funny since nobody's ever seemed all that thrilled about it, especially about its inclusion in the sets :grin:

The concept art and designs are very interesting.  Its neat to see how they came up with some of the ideas and which ones got used in the movie.  The variants on the characters are amazing especially the villains like Bane and Killer Croc.  I hope we do get another cmf series so we can get some more of those great batman variants and more villains. 

5 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Oh man some of those Scarecrow concepts are amazing... also after seeing this we pretty much need to get a Green Arrow/Black Canary set, their designs are splendid!

My thoughts exactly! I've been waiting for at least a Black Canary Minifigure since the first Green Arrow!

19 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Isn't he around the right scale?

Image result for clayface and batman

Seems close enough to me, a smaller one might not look as right.

Clayface can get bigger and smaller if he adds more 'mud' to his body, so it's not that I dislike the scale they put him in, but mostly just that I don't want him ALWAYS that big.  Plus, I'd like to have him in my Arkham when I build it and he'd never fit at that scale lol

17 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Not sure about the cheese slope, but i would just use 2 yellow studs for the eyes. I'm not planning on buying clayface but maybe over a weekend I might try to make a smaller clayface (unfortunately not in nougat as I dont have the  right pieces)

Yup, I was thinking about two yellow slopes as well, I just really, really like the printed eyeballs lol

Probably gonna work on a Mixel-sized/based one this week as well!

2 hours ago, retrotaco said:

Clayface can get bigger and smaller if he adds more 'mud' to his body, so it's not that I dislike the scale they put him in, but mostly just that I don't want him ALWAYS that big.  Plus, I'd like to have him in my Arkham when I build it and he'd never fit at that scale lol

Yup, I was thinking about two yellow slopes as well, I just really, really like the printed eyeballs lol

Probably gonna work on a Mixel-sized/based one this week as well!

This is probably way too big still, but I found this image (this is not mine) on the internet. Thought it might help to get the ideas going. Image is in the spoiler box.

Spoiler

Lego Clayface

Also, when can we expect to see more detailed images of the summer wave?

Edited by JACKATTACKS

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hey, I didn't know the wings of the Batwing could fold down! That's pretty dope!

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I only wish the picture was less blurry as I would have liked to have read what is says next to the two pictures of the exhausts. Ah well, never mind. I should be grateful that we even have these pictures. Also, the concept art on the left hand side looks pretty nifty.

Honestly, when I first saw the batwing in the trailers I fell in love with it. I can just imagine the Republic flying fleets of the batwing - to me it looks like it just flew out of a Star Wars movie.

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

Just picked up the amazing Making of book - here's some highlights:

Making of the Lego Batman movie

Quote from the bottom of that page

"The LEGO Group developed these secondary Bat-vehicles, which can all be seen briefly in the batcave in the movie, as real lego sets"

Is this a third wave confirmation??? As we are missing the bat kayak, chopper and dune buggy.

If somebody has already mentioned this, then I apologise for mentioning it again.

EDIT: I apologise for the double post. I have no idea why they haven't merged  :\

Edited by JACKATTACKS
For some reason I have a double post

1 minute ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Quote form the bottom of that page

"The LEGO Group developed these secondary Bat-vehicles, which can all be seen briefly in the batcave in the movie, as real lego sets"

Is this a third wave confirmation??? As we are missing the bat kayak, chopper and dune buggy.

If somebody has already mentioned this, then I apologise for mentioning it again.

I'd say that just means they built them as real sets for the movie... they weren't just cgi creations. That doesn't offer any indication of a third wave to me.

Just now, Robianco said:

I'd say that just means they built them as real sets for the movie... they weren't just cgi creations. That doesn't offer any indication of a third wave to me.

Oh. Okay, I was just wondering because they used the word sets, not models or vehicles. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quick heads-up for UK members – I called in my local ASDA last night and they had all the sets at a reduced price – £29.99 sets were £21, the £19.99 sets were £15 and the Balloon escape was around £8.50.

Warner Bros and the people in the studio get LEGO designers to create moc ups of all the vehicles. The fact that there are pictures of a real model of a Bat-vehicle does not at all mean that it will come in a set. 

But Egghead's mech is different because they've actually made and printed what looks like an official figure. Not to mention that he has a new head mold, so LEGO wouldn't just make a mold for figure when they can just use the white stand in figure in stead. 

I'm almost certain we'll get some of those Bat vehicles in the 3rd wave. You could easily pair them with stuff we haven't got from the movie like Harley Quinn's truck or the previous mentioned Egghead Mech.

14 hours ago, legozebra said:

More TLBM shots

This would have been a really good batmobile. Would have loved to see that one come to Lego form. 

Seeing all of these images I can't help but feel a bit sad about the final designs that we ended up with. Arkham Scarecrow, Arkham Two-Face, Arkham Catwoman all look superb and then I haven't even mentioned the Commissioner Gordon variants and Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face:wub:. Still I understand that these aren't the most child-friendly versions and why they didn't end up in the final product. Still hope that they'll end up using some of these designs in future sets.

14 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I really wish that bottom right one made it into the final cut.

Top middle Scarecrow is my favorite.

21 minutes ago, retrotaco said:

Agreed. I'd love to see some sort of piece used like that for him in the future, to give an wrinkled burlap look to his mask.

I know it has been talked about a lot, but more evidence that the Egghead Mech will be a set is that in the top right there is a side photo that shows a new disc launcher on one of the arms. He never used that in the movie, but that would only typically be put in to add playability to the mech. Just something I noticed. Take it anyway you like. :wink:

On 16/02/2017 at 4:46 AM, retrotaco said:

That's a great design – much better than the one they went with in my opinion... I don't really like the movie Riddler's look either.

The book looks unreal. Just placed s order for it. Hope we get egghead at some point.  Really want to make the Kilmer-mobile

Quick heads-up for UK members, Morrisons have the Lego Batman Movie comic with Batman minifigure polybag... I assume other shops (WHSmiths etc) will have it too.