Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, Tahu23 said:

Any sign of McDonald Happy Meal promo for LEGO Batman Movie? (if have)

I asked a US staff member. Their current promotion is Sing which ends January 9th then they have a week of getting rid of old Happy Meal stock before Teen Titans Go runs for 3 weeks - which means the following HM promotion would start around the release of LBM, but they said the 'guest services manager' only gets a projection for the next month so until the Teen Titans arrive they can't be sure what's next.

So, went back to TRU yesterday – they had more boxes of CMFs out... all been rifled through, but seemed most figures still present. I got Glam Rock Bats, Arkham Joker, Zodiac Master and Cat-man... correctly getting them through feeling the bags.

Have to say I have found nothing at all wrong with the figures - in fact, printing on these is superb... the gold zodiac signs on Zodiac Master are superb in hand, and Cat-Man is a favourite for me, he looks superb.

I got a Caveman Batman who's face-printing didn't match up with the mask, but I just gave that mask and cape to the Batman that came with the Ra's set so he's got brown instead of black in his suit, and one of the six Arkham Joker's I've found had scratched/fudged printing on the back, but other than that, printing's been fine here for me.

22 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

The thing Polka-dot man is standing on that people are asking about is a giant polka-dot that he flies around on (I'm not even kidding). Think the back to the future hoverboard or green goblins glider but circular with polka dots :laugh:

I need a yellow one for my Jack O Lanterns pogo thingie ;-)

I like the mutant leader. He looks evil and has a good reusable body

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What?? Super packs still exist? I wonder where this will be sold because I might get it...

Walmart exclusive at the moment.

9 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wonder where this will be sold...

Exclusively at Wal-Mart for the supposed price of $89.99 *huh*

One of my Lobster Batman's faces was abnormally low on the head. I found it useful, because the electric-suit Batman's cowl (from a few years back) fits lower than later type-two cowls, so he finally has a properly-fitting face. I could see it being very obnoxious for someone without these specifics, though.

47 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

$90??! What the megablocks! I'll stick to my plan of buying them separately. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Either that's a placeholder price, or they are banking on the potential foolishness of their shoppers...

does anyone else think that the McDonald toys will probably be like the ones released for the old game or just cups like the Lego Movie? 

That cant possibly be the price of that Walmart exclusive.  I got 9 cmf for me and my two sons and had no quality issues with the ones we got although if you think of it with the scratching on the figures could be from us feeling the bags over and over.  Just a guess.  I really like the cmf's I got Lobster loving batman, Calculator, and King Tut.  The printing on Tut is great and Lobster loving batman is also quite nice.  My youngest son got Orca and loves playing with her although he already swapped the headpiece out for a straight black headpiece.  He also got 2 Glam batman.  My oldest got Catman, Vacation Batman, and Caveman Batman.  They both really like their figures.  It's all about having fun.

Would anyone who has both the most recent Killer Croc bigfigs mind posting a side-by-side comparison of the two?  I wanted to see the size difference and couldn't find any side-by-side shots online :/  Thanks!

1 hour ago, retrotaco said:

Would anyone who has both the most recent Killer Croc bigfigs mind posting a side-by-side comparison of the two?  I wanted to see the size difference and couldn't find any side-by-side shots online :/  Thanks!

The best I could find is this one by LordAllo on Flickr, which also shows the original minifigure.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/141220843@N07/31956969585/

Just got Joker's Baloon Escape and was dissapointed that Joker minifigure doesn't have back printing! I know he's supposed to be attached to balloons but he also comes in Scuttler set, so you can see lack of back printing. I mean coattails version is so much less detailed than Lowrider one, why didn't they give Joker back print with some jacket lines like DC Superheroes version?

Edited by benderisgreat