Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Also a slight rant but how on earth is the lowrider set £55, the same as the bat mobile when it is less pieces AND fewer minifigures!

Just now, Nsk97 said:

Also a slight rant but how on earth is the lowrider set £55, the same as the bat mobile when it is less pieces AND fewer minifigures!

Because it is an awesome build. :thumbup:

Interestingly the minifigure checklist doesn't show the little bat signal button Barbara comes with. Perhaps it was added later to give her an extra selling point?

Just now, Mr Greeble said:

Because it is an awesome build. :thumbup:

Although true, that is subjective and still doesn't justify the cost.

I also find it odd that they removed the cape from the armoured batman set but gave red hood a cape and armour piece.

I can't remember if it was pointed out but the Catman minifig has boots but on the checklist it doesn't show any. @Captain Britain I bought 5 of the Vacation Batman. I haven't opened 3 though. Of the 2 I did open 1 fit okay but not great and the other doesn't fit well at all. My son has one and his doesn't seem to fit well either.

That Batman Bunny suit makes me really sad.... It's not like it's another keychaing but it's one of those lights that aren't the same size as minifigures.... 

37 minutes ago, Nsk97 said:

Picked up all the CMFs today at the Lego shop, love all of them to be honest but weirdly I think pink power batgirl is my least favourite despite her double sided head :sadnew: Also how is the printing on everyone's CMFs? They seem way better than the Disney ones but a couple of mine have slight flaws, my March Hare has a chip on her hips :cry_sad:

After all of the printing errors with the Disney CMF, I was a little concerned with the Batman series, but I bought 36 packs in all and happy to report (at least with the ones I opened) that the quality control is significantly better.  I noticed maybe a couple minuscule flaws on 3 out of 36, but nothing compared to the Disney CMF which routinely had printing errors such as missing print, too much print, etc...

6 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Oh. Man. I really want that as a minifigure. Bring on ALL the colors for that mold. And the Bat-belt in white looks really good too.

Lego-Batman-Movie-Easter-Bunny.jpgA little photoshop!

Edited by Shawn
text change

I bought the Catwoman set for the pieces, really, but it's a fun build with some interesting techniques for the cycle. 

4 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Bunny Batman? *sigh*

Right. Cos this is no wackier than the (in current cannon) Rainbow Batman.

Really hope Bunny Batman is an Easter give away.

Edited by GeekByKnight

Interesting thing about that bunny Batman—if it is indeed released as a regular fig, it seems like it'll be the only Batman whose mask is printed on the face rather than necessitating the separate cowl piece. That might be useful for anyone who is interested in creating their own Batman variants with alternate headgear.

1 hour ago, GeekByKnight said:

And yet it's not the same price as the BATMOBILE in other countries...

Exactly!

Didn't batman had a bunny suit in the arkham games? It was just a black bunny mask in the Mad Hatter levels and doesn't look like the one we are getting now, but I think it's fun anyway. 

You know, I really don't understand all the whinging i've read in this thread about "Bunny Batman" or "Fairy Batman", or the fact that all the villains have vehicles, a bit like Wacky Races!

This is LEGO BATMAN!!! These sets are from a movie based on the Batman that appeared in the Lego Movie... you remember the guy - he was Wildstyle's boyfriend, sang songs about darkness, liked everything in black and was a masterbuilder... remember? We don't know the storyline for the movie yet - there will probably be a reason all the villains have their own vehicles - they might be masterbuilders too? Until we find out, why whinge and moan - embrace the joy of having such cool vehicles with such cool characters... who in the style of the LM are wacky and silly in some cases - but amidst that we get cool heroes and villains (like Jim Gordon and Calendar Man) who will fit right in with any version of Batman you want them to fit with. :grin:

I just don't understand the complaining because if you don't like a specific Bat-suit (especially if it's a promo or not part of another set) then, uh... don't buy it?  Save yourself some money, get yourself a set/minifigure you'd rather have.  It's only on YOU if you wanna be a completionist.

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

I still can't find cmf anywhere! 

They started popping up in my local Target and Walmarts just the past two days, and some of the Walmarts look like they're still trying to push Series 16 HARD, so I'd expect the Batman CMFs to pop up very soon, at least here in the states.

^^Yeah, have to agree with that. I haven't found any cmf or sets in my local area (West central Wales). My argos said they weren't getting them in until the 20th of this month.

4 minutes ago, Lego_lover2001 said:

Anyone else in the uk struggling to find the batman sets 

No, but having a Lego Store nearby helps with that.

2 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Right. Cos this is no wackier than the (in current cannon) Rainbow Batman.

Really hope Bunny Batman is an Easter give away.

I don't follow comics, really, so I wouldn't know. I just don't really like the suit.

15 minutes ago, kaiju said:

No, but having a Lego Store nearby helps with that.

I don't and argos and toys r us just say "out of stock" everywhere near me and I'm like why tho 

15 minutes ago, Lego_lover2001 said:

I don't and argos and toys r us just say "out of stock" everywhere near me and I'm like why tho 

Just checked the sites for Smyths (Expecting them next week) and The Entertainer (No listings I could find). It looks like other retailers haven't received their stock yet.  Hopefully it isn't going to be like last year, where everyone else only got the DC superhero sets months after the Lego Store started selling them.

I'm guessing nobody has received stock yet as everywhere including Amazon is showing as out of stock. Thankfully I have a Lego store close.

Nothing at the nearest Smyths or Argos yet so no opportunity for feeling bags. I'm just hoping Tesco get a plentiful supply as that seems to give me the best chance at uninterrupted feeling of bags.

im also fine with the amount of Batsuits, even the silly ones... as long as they're accessible if I want to get them. Hopefully the double suit poly will have a similar deal in the UK as it is in the US. I'm also interested in the Battle Pod bag with the Tiger Skin Suit so hopefully that's not some convoluted bun-fight to get hold of.

Edited by Robianco