Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

i was never big on all these suits in the first place except for the lobster/robes and the rubber duck variants. I remember when this movie was announced, they talked about how they'd acknowledge the different eras of Batman, and that got me excited for the possibility of stuff based on the 1966, Tim Burton, Schumacher, and maybe even the Mask of the Phantasm films. The ridiculous suits are funny for the movie but not something I'd actually want physically, especially when half of them are tuxedos. I'll even bet that all these suits only appear in the movie for that one batcave scene they keep showing in the trailers.

3 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Went to Toys R Us today.  Indeed they are price gouging to the extreme.  They had all of the new sets out, and all of them were marked up significantly.  Here are some prices that I remember compared to what is on the S@H site:

Batcave Break In----Lego 99.99  Toys R Us 124.99

Jokers Notorious Lowrider Lego 49.99  Toys R Us 64.99

Arkham Asylum Lego 149.99  Toys R Us 179.99 *huh*

Lego Batman Movie minifigure Lego 3.99  Toys R Us 4.99

All other sets were marked up in similar fashion.  I guess we can wait a couple of days for them to make it into the Lego store.  

That's amazing.  It makes me wonder if ToysRus is having financial problems.   Luckily one of the Targets in my area had a bunch of the Batman sets during their "Spend $100 get $25 off" sale.  All that's left to buy now is Arkham Asylum, Killer Croc, Scarecrow Special Delivery and Balloon Escape.   I can't remember the prices of the sets I bought at Target but I added up the minifigs and I paid $3.07 (US) a piece for them.    I may end up taking back the sets and re-purchasing them from LEGO during a double VIP event if that turns out to be cheaper.  Target gives a 90 day return policy so who knows.  BTW - Target employees told me they are expecting to set up major amounts of Batman Movie sets next week.  Hopefully Walmart will want to beat their prices.  

Anyway, I do apprciate you posting that information here.  It makes the decision to NOT go to ToysRus tomorrow much easier.  I just hope the LEGO employees were right and they 'will' be selling these sets.  Can't see why they would lie though.  

Just now, legozebra said:

Good news! 

I'm probably just being really dumb here and missed something obvious, but what is so great about the store calender?

Just now, JACKATTACKS said:

I'm probably just being really dumb here and missed something obvious, but what is so great about the store calender?

Free Clown/Disco poly

Plus posters!

Posters

This polybag is one of the better ones of the wave :thumbup: but I can never dig the $75 threshold. I only spent that much once but besides that I can never get myself to spend that much at once on a toy. I feel better just distributing my purchases into smaller incriments :grin: 

But we'll see, I've got a decent list of stuff I want to buy for the first quarter of the year

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Wow, that was an experience. I went to my Lego Store to get Red Hood and Gordon, and once I stood there feeling the packs, others joined and it became a rush. One whole box cleared in less than a minute, with people grabbing 3 to 4 packs in handfuls.

Lol me and one guy just sat there helping each other out. 

I'm really glad to see the posters are coming back, they'll look awesome with TLM ones already in my display room! I guess that month will be when I buy the Scuttler. 

I don't really get the appeal of these wacky Batman Suits. 

Some of them are nice like the Scuba, but the Clown Batman is just a recolor of the CMF S1 Circus Clown. And some of them are really stupid (sorry) like the fairy Batman or the Kiss Kiss tuxedo one.

And some people ask for a second wave of Batman Movie CMFs O_O I just don't get it.

7 hours ago, SirJohnTiganteca said:

(also I can't help but suspect in Hatter's case that Lego's relationship with Disney has something to do with his absence-

The funny thing is we already got both Disney and Batman CMFs and still no Mad Hatter

Popped into the Cardiff Lego shop as I was in the area. All the new Micro minis and Marvel sets there but no Batman... They assistant reckoned there's a mix up and they're out in Feb! Hoping he was wrong!

For those in the UK I can confirm that the minifigure series and sets will be releasing tomorrow in most retailers (Argos and Tesco should definitely have them across the UK) so don't worry we aren't being left out until February. 

I can't comment on if the Lego stores in the UK will have them tomorrow though as I only have contacts in a handful of other retailers, not the Lego store.

Edited by Nsk97

Planning to go to my local argos tomorrow to try and find some of these sets. Do they usually have sets on day one?

Edited by robertgorman2505

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

Planning to go to my local argos tomorrow to try and find some of these sets. They usually have sets on day one, don't they?

Yes Argos will have the minifigure series and all none exclusive sets tomorrow.

I'll probably just wait until the sales. None of these sets particularly float my boat, and I can't continue saving up for the UCS Slave 1 by cashing in for some of these sets.

Happy New Year everyone! Just after 12 in Oz. Hopefully the stores will have the sets!

Edited by JACKATTACKS

^time zones are weird. you are west of me but 16 hours ahead? 

i dont like the 75$ limit, but i am going to have to try to get that polybag. i wont be able to get posters since i wont be near a store though. too bad.

It is early in Australia, and you're really the only place in the world currently actually in 2017 - give it a couple of hours and I imagine the sets will appear.

I know this probably isn't the right topic but does anyone know what that exclusive LEGO theme that VIPs will get early access to in February is?