Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh. More shooters. :hmpf_bad: 

But do you mean the big Batwing or the smaller one where Batman eats his lobster? I'm 95% sure they're different... and almost completely sure there are two Batwings.

Yes there are two batwings. The small one where batman eats a lobster (the one revealed today) has the shooters. 

No idea about the big batwing's functions as I doubt it will be a set. Hey, you never know though. It could be in the speculated third wave.

Man, that Batwing sucks. It just looks so bland and boring, but I do appreciate how it looks like a Bat (if you were viewing from above). Honestly, the builds for TLBM have been very disappointing. There've been a few exceptions, such as the Riddle Racer, Lowrider, Arctic Roller and Arkham, but all the sets have drawbacks that stop me from wanting them other than the Riddle Racer which I will pick up (The Lowrider is too pricey and only has 3 figs for a £50 set, The Arctic Roller only has 2 minifigs (the Riddle Racer for the same price has 5) and Arkham again is very pricey so I won't be picking that up). I hope we return to normal DC Superheroes sets in 2018.

Edited by Deathstroke77

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, everyone gets a car?

What is this? "Wacky Racers: Batman Edition"?

You get a car! You get a car! and you get a car! EVERYONE GETS A CAR!

All of the sets look really good except for the Two-Face one. It just looks too weird for me. Maybe it will look better when I see the other side. Also I really hope we get that Harley set eventually (from the looks of it the cannon on the back of her truck is detachable so it would make sense if only the cannon was in the Batwing set.

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, everyone gets a car?

What is this? "Wacky Racers: Batman Edition"?

Kind of.

Personally, I don't mind. My first exposure to a lot of Batman villains was a set of McDonald's Happy Meal toys from the '90s where pretty much every character was given some sort of zany vehicle that fit with their overall theme. This just strikes me as continuing that grand tradition. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

All of the sets look really good except for the Two-Face one. It just looks too weird for me. Maybe it will look better when I see the other side. Also I really hope we get that Harley set eventually (from the looks of it the cannon on the back of her truck is detachable so it would make sense if only the cannon was in the Batwing set.

Haha, Oprah visits Arkham Asylum! :tongue:

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Dammit :laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

Quick question, what colour orange is the lowrider joker's upper arm? I want to use his arms, and I need to figure out the shading so I can get a matching torso. Any help would be much appreciated :) 

Just now, Zergos said:

Quick question, what colour orange is the lowrider joker's upper arm? I want to use his arms, and I need to figure out the shading so I can get a matching torso. Any help would be much appreciated :) 

I feel confident in saying its bright light orange.

So my fellow Canadians I just called my local Toysrus and they said they have the sets. I'm gonna head over there pick up Freeze and the Inmate Joker. Fingers crossed they have the Arkham Asylum set though, I'll report back if they do! 

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So my fellow Canadians I just called my local Toysrus and they said they have the sets. I'm gonna head over there pick up Freeze and the Inmate Joker. Fingers crossed they have the Arkham Asylum set though, I'll report back if they do! 

My Toys r Us refuse to sell the sets before january!  Well, it's only a few days... :classic:

Local target had some sets. Riddler, Catwoman, Clayface, Croc. Didn't get Clayface, I'll wait for Legoshop's inevitable promotional item. The CMF cardboard shelves with the Batman figs was out, but it was loaded with Disney and the regular series, so no Catman for me.:sceptic:

26 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

My Toys r Us refuse to sell the sets before january!  Well, it's only a few days... :classic:

Well something similar happened. Like I said before I called and asked if they had them and they said yes so I asked them to put the Arkham set on hold for me. They left and after about 10 minutes they hung up on me.... So I figured I'd still head over, I went and they had other 2017 sets (Ninjago, City and Nexo Knights) out but no Batman ones. So I asked an employee there and the kid had no idea what I was talking about, he brought me over to the DC section and I said no no I'm looking for the LBM sets and he just pointed at the DC stuff and said here they are. So I left disappointed but I decided no I'm going to call the store again and see what happens. Someone in customer service said that they did have them but they only go on sale tomorrow... And I asked them why there were other 2017 sets out and they said that those were the only ones allowed out meanwhile they also are supposed to release on January 1st.... It never fails to amaze me how much more we know as consumers than employees of the so called "largest selection of LEGO" store.... One employee said the sets were coming out along with the movie in February. 

Sorry for the rant, but anyways going there on the way back from work and if they don't have them out I'm going to cause a fuss :grin:

Does anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on any of the cmf figures. I have spent a week searching in a dozon target, walmart, and toysrus stores. I am open to any option. Any way to check if the store has it in store. I like in New Jersey for those wondering.

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

It never fails to amaze me how much more we know as consumers than employees of the so called "largest selection of LEGO" store.... One employee said the sets were coming out along with the movie in February. 

This. :laugh:  I rarely try to even correct the employees. At a certain point, it's better just to come back another day. 

I have been checking the local Target everyday for weeks for the LBM cmfs. Everyday they tell me they don't have any. Found some random packages on the shelves today all scattered throughout the store but no box that they came in. Got 10 packs total. Asked a few employees to see if they had anymore in back. While holding 1 cmf bag to scan it the employees told me that they didn't have any and hadn't received any in stock yet. I didn't bother to argue. Just paid for the 10 cmfs and left. Try again tomorrow I suppose.

Edited by fordtruckin

Not trying to anger anyone, but why would you spend so much time searching and searching for the CMF's when they release officially in just two days? Also, does anyone know if Lego Stores will be carrying Penguin's Arctic Roller and Scarecrow's Special Delivery? I'm assuming they will carry Arkham because they usually have the big exclusives. 

1 hour ago, YoshiBlockr said:

Does anyone have any idea how I can get my hands on any of the cmf figures. I have spent a week searching in a dozon target, walmart, and toysrus stores. I am open to any option. Any way to check if the store has it in store. I like in New Jersey for those wondering.

Wait until January 1st? :tongue:

1 hour ago, Mr Greeble said:

This. :laugh:  I rarely try to even correct the employees. At a certain point, it's better just to come back another day. 

But even some LEGO Store employees.... Some of them didn't even know there were more Rogue One sets coming... Like what?? :grin:

@THELEGOBATMAN Always just go to there flickr: 

The LEGO Batman Movie Accessory Pack

Batsignal looks cool! Part of me is glad it isn't another exclusive figure because it might be hard to obtain but part of me really wants as many Batsuits as possible!

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Not trying to anger anyone, but why would you spend so much time searching and searching for the CMF's when they release officially in just two days? Also, does anyone know if Lego Stores will be carrying Penguin's Arctic Roller and Scarecrow's Special Delivery? I'm assuming they will carry Arkham because they usually have the big exclusives. 

No LEGO won't be carrying them in store because they are all exclusives like R'as and Doctor Strange. When the catalog came it had the S@H logo underneath all 3. 

I love Two-Face's and Bane's vehicles! Harley's truck and Scarecrow's copter are "meh". The Batwing looks good but if the truck comes with it, it's going to be a very expensive set. I'm hoping the Two-Face and Bane vehicles are cheap.

Edited by ToaDraco

@GoldenNinja3000 I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I enjoy the hunt for what I want. I like feeling the packages for what's inside and if you find them earlier even better. And there is a better shot at finding an unopened case to sort through what you want before the official release when they are out on the shelves for any passerby to dig through not caring what they get. I wont pay a ridiculous price just to get something earlier than release though.

Good question and no offense taken by me. Anyone else care to say why they search for stuff early? I plan to purchase a sealed case too for down the road in case any figs are damaged later on or if my kids want a nice complete set when they are a bit older.