Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Licensed Folks Please Read This: 

This is getting too off topic. While this is a "Lego Batman Movie" thread, this is specifically a set discussion thread. We are all excited about the new trailer, but the discussion here should be, to the best of one's abilities, on the sets themselves and not on the film itself. 

In that vein, I would prefer it if we could avoid parsing out screenshots to deduce what sets and minifigures we'll possibly get down the line. As a Lego movie, there are frankly endless possibilities as to what could end up making the transition from screen to actual Lego set, which makes this whole parsing discussion rather futile. So for instance--Gentleman Ghost--is in the movie and I see his name being constantly thrown around as an "upcoming future" minifigure. Yet, we have no indication that we'll get a physical version of said character at this time, and as such I would prefer it if we did not constantly bring him up in conversation (or any other "limbo" character) as if we are just waiting to see him show up on some box art. It only causes confusion later on when people read tons of names being thrown out here and then expect to get physical versions of those non-existent characters.

This thread is for set discussion; as many people (including myself) also wish to talk about the movie itself too, I would now like to direct you to the appropriate The Lego Batman Movie thread. You can openly discuss the film there--but here, this thread is specifically for the sets themselves. :thumbup:   

---

Additionally, and finally, as this is also a film and we are edging closer to the release date, please be respectful of spoilers for other readers. Although this is a Lego movie and as such its spoilers would most likely be less Earth shattering than those of say, an MCU film, please remember that many members here would rather not stumble across plot points and surprise cameos in the set discussion thread. Utilize Spoiler Tags if you must, or better yet take the spoilery conversation over to the TLBM thread. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!   

I just checked out the review of the Lego Batman cmf here on eurobricks and on the back of the check list it hints at something coming out in May of 2017, it is also accompanied by a silhouette. Now I'm not as familiar with Batman's lesser know villains but to me it looks like Pyg. I'm hoping this is hinting at another cmf line cause there are still more characters  we've seen in trailers that I want. 

@Marvel_Geek8 I believe the silhouette is for one of the minifigs in the next series of regular figs that are coming in May. I agree with you though, I would have loved a second series based on this film.

Also I paused the trailer on the justice league scene and it looks like they're celebrating their 57th anniversary as it says on the banner behind them.

Edited by robertgorman2505

9 minutes ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

I just checked out the review of the Lego Batman cmf here on eurobricks and on the back of the check list it hints at something coming out in May of 2017, it is also accompanied by a silhouette. Now I'm not as familiar with Batman's lesser know villains but to me it looks like Pyg. I'm hoping this is hinting at another cmf line cause there are still more characters  we've seen in trailers that I want. 

It's confirmed to be a S17 Minifigure, as pointed out in the CMF S17 thread 

There will only 1 Batman CMF seres. The next one is S17 in May and Ninjago Movie in August.

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

It's confirmed to be a S17 Minifigure, as pointed out in the CMF S17 thread 

There will only 1 Batman CMF seres. The next one is S17 in May and Ninjago Movie in August.

That really sucks, I was hoping for more Batsuits and more villains. oh well

Just now, Marvel_Geek8 said:

That really sucks, I was hoping for more Batsuits and more villains. oh well

There's still a Summer wave and probably one more after that, so let's hope. Although after reading Brickset's review, it makes me wonder why they didn't put an Arctic Batman suit in Mr. Freeze Ice Attack.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, there will only be one Batman series in 2017, is what you're really saying.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

A second one next January? I could get behind that, especially if they were as good as the first series. Calculator and Zodiac Master are probably my favourites- they could not be better :wub:

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

My god... what does this mean?? :oh:

5 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

^^Um, Orca's a female!

Oh no, you MUST be wrong because she doesn't have the printed waistline that female figures do! Which, by the way, is an awful thing to do to define male and female figures! LEGO is sexist and gross in as many ways as I can imagine.

I did not know orca was a girl until I read the minifig review. I thought it was a guy because the waist was not a female one. :sceptic:

Just now, ChiefPie said:

I did not know orca was a girl until I read the minifig review. I thought it was a guy because the waist was not a female one. :sceptic:

That perfectly illustrates Lego's problem. Why on earth does every woman need to be curvy and skinny? They are a pretty sexist company when you think about it. Sorry for going off topic. My Targets never get anything early, and in fact usually don't have the new CMF's until like a month after their release. 

1 minute ago, ChiefPie said:

Orca is what they'd call "THICC" on 4Chan. The bigger issue is utilizing the shark suit pieces. From the scant images I can hunt up, she's usually a big gal with a dorsal fin. I can pop some black arms on her, maybe heresy a Venom head to make a little less lazy.

1 hour ago, GentlemanJoker said:

So apparently the CMF is out already in Targets?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/5hzc4f/batman_cmfs_are_out/

From our chap Cm4sci

It's in my area!

Actually announced 5 hours earlier by me, thats a repost.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/5hy0mt/psa_lego_batman_cmf_is_at_target_now/

Edit 5*

Edited by bbquicksilver

This is unrelated, but we don't get the movie till March 30 in Aus and New Zealand. Please help support the protest (look at my signature for details). I mean, we get the sets early enough on January 1, but why delay the movie?

Sorry for the interruption  :)

51 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

This is unrelated, but we don't get the movie till March 30 in Aus and New Zealand. Please help support the protest (look at my signature for details). I mean, we get the sets early enough on January 1, but why delay the movie?

Sorry for the interruption  :)

Truly the greatest of injustices in our time... :wink: The sentiment is nice, but it's just a movie. :sceptic:

Edited by Mr Greeble