Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Just looking at the different pictures regarding the new Arkham Asylum, I am willing to bet that the security station goes in the opening right inside the large doors to the asylum. Makes sense the security stand would be in there. I'm sure that is why it looks bare because they are showing off the different parts but that it actually goes right inside the front doors. I like all the sets revealed - the Batcave is a little lower on my list except for the new Bruce, Alfred and Penguin. Really like the minifigures.

It would maybe have been nice to get Jeremiah Arkham or Hugo Strange in the Arkham instead of 2 generic cops.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

I love that Dr. Quinzel has an argyle shirt. That's such a clever reference to her diamond motif. 

Ha!

I didn't notice it before

2 hours ago, Nsk97 said:

It would maybe have been nice to get Jeremiah Arkham or Hugo Strange in the Arkham instead of 2 generic cops.

I mean, technically Arkham is in the set, he's just a statue. :tongue:

Maybe they will just split the wave up? I mean 13 sets is a lot to release in one time. Maybe they want to release a certain amount of sets before christmas and some after. That way people might be inclined to pick up more over time as opposed to making a choice between them when they would all come out at once. Personally I think it would be very clever of them to split them, my wallet likes the idea aswell.

26 minutes ago, Spoddy said:

I am confused at why these sets are being released so early. It's several months before the movie, and I'm sure some people will have their hands on them by mid November. Now, if all the sets apart from the Asylum come out November 27th we should surely see the rest at NYCC. Maybe they will put them out on the floor at a later day? 

I have a theory. They're only releasing these 4 sets in time for christmas and they will release the rest for January. That way people will by the sets accordingly based on what they can afford- hence one set is cheap, two are reasonably priced and one is expensive. That way set purchases will still profit from the holiday season without having the reveal the whole line ahead of time.

Edited by LegoShroom

27 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

I mean, technically Arkham is in the set, he's just a statue. :tongue:

Haha unfortunately that version lacks the amount of printing I'd like on an Arkham minifigure-i.e. Any printing at all XD

I am literally in love with Arkham. I am a fan of both DC and Marvel but due to money I only ever collect Marvel, but Arkham is a set I will be picking up for sure! Most of the villains you could want, Batman, Robin, and some other cool figures too? I love the fact we finally see a Police Cruiser that uses a Red/Blue colour bar as opposed to just Blue - I've been hoping that next years Police theme will be Red/Blue light bars to add variety. I also love that both officers have an emblem of some sort printed on their left shoulders - an extra detail that again, I hope we see in the Police theme, even though we most likely won't.

The build itself is a thing of beauty. I love the plethora of detail inside - it feels like a working, lived-in Prison, clearly drawing inspiration from the Prison Island series of sets which is something I love. Definitely different from the most recent Arkham set, but different in a good way. Each section has character and flair and I love that. I cannot wait for this set to hit shelves!

Did anyone notice this?

NYCC2016-LEGO-DC-Comics-091.jpg

Harley Quinn has another costume. This one seems to have a new skirt mold. This is like my favorite Harley variation now.

It's either the tutu or the Minnie/Alice dress

But yeah that Harley Quinn is amazing. It's closer to the original than the blue/red one, which is good. Because the SQ one looks like a cheap hooker

Edited by Robert8

Whoa! :wub: I definitely need that figure more than the other one! I don't think that'll be the CMF one because the hammer is too many pieces...

Edited by CM4Sci

It's definitely not the Disney dress piece, it's not that short. It does match the ridges of the tutu piece, but it does look a bit thinner than that piece, so I'm not for sure.

I really like this design. I wasn't a fan of the new hair piece, but on this variation it works. Too, it's like a perfect combo of so many different Harley Quinn's.

Edited by strangely

After see the video for arkham, I think I'll probably, buy one and a Mr.Freeze set.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Definitely liking the sets more now that we get to see a lot pf pics. Arkham Asylum, is actually a pretty cool set. I just go back to the minfigures. They are really really nice. I hope that Harley Quinn in the poster comes in an actual set. :grin:

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

The newly revealed sets look nice.  Lots of interesting pieces, like the umbrella, bowties, utility belts, and hair pieces.  I love the alternate Batsuits.

Im loving all the new pieces, and hair pieces too.

Looking at the box art, it's definitely apparent that the Batmobile and lowrider are companion pieces- the location is for both Is a waterside road (Though Joker's road section shows off a great funhouse across the river)

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

(Though Joker's road section shows off a great funhouse across the river)

I know it's unlikely, but that would make a great set. But a man can dream though, a man can dream....