Hi!

I'm a new train LEGO fan, my new passion started last spring... But I think that a LEGO tram is missing, so I created in LEGO the tram of my little city. This is my MOC:

29885776953_2370097789_b.jpgTram of Opicina #DSC_1058 by Prison Brick, on Flickr

30518335305_3eb39266eb_b.jpgTram of Opicina #IMG_2473 by Prison Brick, on Flickr

30518384015_6955e423b2_b.jpgTram of Opicina #IMG_2496 by Prison Brick, on Flickr

30402021812_ff4b639fc6_b.jpgTram of Opicina #DSC_1061 by Prison Brick, on Flickr

Now I submit it on LEGO Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/158520

Please, support & share if you like it! Thanks! Every comment helps me to improve!

Looks great PrisonBrick! How did you manage to add the PF battery in the tram? Really fits well with the modular buildings... now we need to find a way to integrate the tram tracks even better :)

Maybe it also helps referring to the original:

tram-opicina-2.jpg

And:

109502-5.jpg

Thank you all!! Yes it fits well with modular buildings. Battery pack and ir take half of the space inside the tram. Thanks to add some picture of real tram! I forgot it...

But either the images show one without PF / IR or you did a very clever trick and were able to hide it while still allowing passengers etc.

47 minutes ago, JopieK said:

But either the images show one without PF / IR or you did a very clever trick and were able to hide it while still allowing passengers etc.

I removed power functions to shoot best pictures, unfortunately there are no tricks... I think that if you use tram only for display you don't need power functions... To play with tram, you need power functions... However, with power function inside, there is still half tram to put passengers on the seats...

If you look carefully in the fourth picture of first post you can view battery box inside behind last minifig...

Edited by PrisonBrick

Always difficult also the problem with the original LEGO trams of course that are longer so have even more space.

WOW!

An eyecatcher for every city. I wasn't too happy with the tram from City Square 60097 but thanks to you I got some inspiration.

:thumbup:

Saw even a reported has interest in writing an article about it, that should get you another few hundred supporters ;)

9 hours ago, Zork said:

WOW!

An eyecatcher for every city. I wasn't too happy with the tram from City Square 60097 but thanks to you I got some inspiration.

:thumbup:

Thank you so much!!!

3 hours ago, JopieK said:

Saw even a reported has interest in writing an article about it, that should get you another few hundred supporters ;)

???? What???? Where? When?? Oh my G... :O

10 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

Thank you so much!!!

???? What???? Where? When?? Oh my G... :O

In the LEGO Idea comments.

This street car looks a lot like the "Peter Witts" three door, double headed tram design... I assume the  "Tram of Opicina"  are similar to the Peter Witt trams that were built for Milan?

http://www.streetcar.org/streetcars/1895-1895-milan-orange/

San Francisco has a historic orange "Milan" one that looks pretty sexy, rolling around the streets of San Francisco. I'd love to do your tram in this historic Orange Livery.  Please let me know if you are willing to share any details/parts lists digital design files with me. I have supported your Tram on Lego Ideas already. :)

On 29/11/2016 at 0:45 AM, jlassen said:

This street car looks a lot like the "Peter Witts" three door, double headed tram design... I assume the  "Tram of Opicina"  are similar to the Peter Witt trams that were built for Milan?

http://www.streetcar.org/streetcars/1895-1895-milan-orange/

San Francisco has a historic orange "Milan" one that looks pretty sexy, rolling around the streets of San Francisco. I'd love to do your tram in this historic Orange Livery.  Please let me know if you are willing to share any details/parts lists digital design files with me. I have supported your Tram on Lego Ideas already. :)

Yes it is very similar. This model of Tram of Opicina was made in 1935:

http://www.tramdeopcina.it/tram/pages/tt2engl.htm  (info and story in english language)

Thank you for the support! 

25 minutes ago, xxix5 said:

Amazing MOC. So realistic.

Thank you! I'm thinking to add the buffer wagon, but it is not easy...

On 4/12/2016 at 6:53 AM, King Aragorn said:

Very nice tram: the shape looks perfect.

I like how you've done the doors and the pantograph

Thanks!

New format: Souvenir! :)

31306886471_db0434a51c_b.jpgTram Deformed 05 by Prison Brick, su Flickr

31385550186_9fe6a0794c_b.jpgTram Deformed 06 by Prison Brick, su Flickr

I'm playing with... (note: this tram is also famous for overturning!)

30600434404_9eb5e6084e_b.jpgFather & Son 01 by Prison Brick, su Flickr

31421637705_0348dbc46c_b.jpgFather & Son 03 by Prison Brick, su Flickr

31052425430_160fe0f261_b.jpgFather & Son 04 by Prison Brick, su Flickr

30975426206_16cc065b97_b.jpgThe Dark Side of the Tram by Prison Brick, su Flickr

Edited by PrisonBrick
Edit image