Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Hercules and the Hydra of Lerna

After defeating the Lion of Nemea, Hercules was asked to kill the monster that terrorized the countryside around the city of Lerna. The Hydra was a terrifying creature with the body of a dragon and many heads  spitting poisonous venom. For each severed head, two would grow back in its place.
Hercules lured the Hydra of its den by shooting flaming arrows at it and led it to the old Poseidon's shrine near the swamp where lived the creature. Hidden by a cliff, Iolaos stood ready to cauterize the necks of the Hydra each time Hercules would cut of one of its heads. 

30881116436_6a63bf49a8_c.jpg

30881050086_ecc259ba4e_c.jpg

30829262111_6091fa46e4_c.jpg

30282728764_5d02c32284_c.jpg

30916905315_3a2320c2ca_c.jpg

30615922100_272e0b5508_c.jpg

This looks very good. Amazing ground detailing.Together with the pillars it really creates a feel of a scene happening long-time ago in the Mediterranean. Makes me really want to go there for a holiday. On a beach without hydra though. Its is pretty cool though. Appropriately menacing! :classic: :thumbup:

You created a cool  dragon of great myth. It would be nice for fans with rich imagination to play with your creation.  to my mind they are a kind of dinosaurs which lived as long as the Dark Ages. But then they disappeared because all kinds of knights, heroes etc. hunted them for the sake of the King, the Dame, the Honour and so on.  Ninjago and Creator dragons helped designers to understand that the best dragons are made of bricks. What do you think about that?

Nice one! I like all the effort put on retaining that classical feeling not only at the MOC but at photo editing as well! Also Hercules lion pelt looks good on him!

So this is what was coming... Nice build, Bob!

The landscaping and architecture are great!  The stone path and white structure with the sand green roof are particularly good!  I like your MOC border and photography border, as blackdeathgr mentioned.  The hydra is very interesting.

Great work Bob, I especially like the "shooter thingies" you've used in the floor pattern that works out amazingly! And good seeing you wandering outside space:wink:

On 13/11/2016 at 4:41 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one! I like all the effort put on retaining that classical feeling not only at the MOC but at photo editing as well! Also Hercules lion pelt looks good on him!

Thanks! I was lucky to have Qi Gon's poncho laying around, it makes a great Lion of Nemea's pelt :sweet:

On 14/11/2016 at 3:59 PM, Slegengr said:

So this is what was coming... Nice build, Bob!

The landscaping and architecture are great!  The stone path and white structure with the sand green roof are particularly good!  I like your MOC border and photography border, as blackdeathgr mentioned.  The hydra is very interesting.

Thanks, I'll get more pictures of the hydra, but she's guite difficult to photograph.

On 14/11/2016 at 9:54 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Great work Bob, I especially like the "shooter thingies" you've used in the floor pattern that works out amazingly! And good seeing you wandering outside space:wink:

Thanks Ecc. It's refreshing to build something different from time to time, but also frustrating as I don't have the needed parts! (I used all my dark tan and vegetation, and almost all my tan...)

Hercules is probably my favorite myths, and sir I can say you really captured the labor of the hydra.

I like how you used pieces to make the hydra multi headed. The side of the MOC also has a cool design (some sort of waves?)

Nevertheless, you are a great builder!