Raskolnikov

Build Your Own Plus Size AT-AT

On 7/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, caperica said:

I cannot believe my luck! I just bought a BrickLinked 10179 Falcon for $700.

Just thought I'd brag.

Please keep the discussion on topic.

4 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Please keep the discussion on topic.

Seriously? You've never even posted on this topic before at all, but you come on just to correct me?

41 minutes ago, Mamma Mia Bricks said:

The official pics for the First Order walker are out.

@Raskolnikov is it in your plans at all once the movie comes out to give it a try to do the same thing, and make it plus size?

I'm not sold on the FO Walker... something about it seems off to me... a plus sized variant however might be appealing 

1 hour ago, Davenocheese said:

I'm not sold on the FO Walker... something about it seems off to me... a plus sized variant however might be appealing 

Too many studs!  It seems all of Lego's AT-AT versions were built and designed by a 10 year old.  That's how my 7 and 10 year old build their "MOC's."  The FO star destroyer is the same way.

14 hours ago, caperica said:

Seriously? You've never even posted on this topic before at all, but you come on just to correct me?

Yes, seriously.

Please note, I am an unpaid, volunteer moderator on this site and it is literally my job to tell people to stay on topic.

We have rules here on Eurobricks and one of them is to not argue with staff.  Because you appear to be relatively new to the forum, I chose to give a general and very polite reminder on this topic. 

Please stay on topic, please do not argue with staff.

1 hour ago, mink66 said:

Too many studs!  It seems all of Lego's AT-AT versions were built and designed by a 10 year old.  That's how my 7 and 10 year old build their "MOC's."  The FO star destroyer is the same way.

I agree. The FO walker looks off, and though I'm glad we're finally getting a finalizer, the arrangement of smooth plates makes the whole surface look messy. Also, I don't know why it's so hard to just keep DBG things off the exterior of Empire and FO vehicles that are completely LBG on the outside.

The official pics for the First Order walker are out.

@Raskolnikov is it in your plans at all once the movie comes out to give it a try to do the same thing, and make it plus size?

Nah, probably not.  Although I like Episode VII well enough, I'm mostly an original trilogy guy.  I have liked some of the First Order stuff, though, so who knows what I'll be interested in making after Ep. VIII or IX come out.

6 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Glad I'm not the only one that  feels TLJ SETS and FO sets are just not right. They look like a mess poorly done !!

I think LEGO is starting to shy away from making the sets look nice and making them more playable. They will get more money from younger children than older collectors is my bet. There was a short period of time after they had enough parts to make it look nice and before they were only concerned with revenue, where there was a good balance between playable sets and accurate sets, and several that were both, like the Tantive IV.

I think I found a viable solution to the small feet... as I'm in the building process right now and still wait for some parts to arrive I'll post some pictures of my approach to the AT-AT asap.

Just so everyone who was curious knows, Raskolnikov's "smaller," instructionalized Star Destroyer "Aggressor" is now out on Eurobricks and Rebrickable.

On 11/11/2016 at 4:08 AM, Raskolnikov said:

No problem!

And yeah, it'll definitely be a journey.  If you or someone else is interested in making a parts list, I'm sure that would be a big help.

Upload the ldd file onto rebrickable.

Sayyy... There's a ldd file right?

2 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

Upload the ldd file onto rebrickable.

Sayyy... There's a ldd file right?

A parts list is available here.  :classic:
(And building instructions are here)

On 7/13/2017 at 7:40 PM, mink66 said:

On 7/13/2017 at 10:57 PM, KevinYoung said:

Glad I'm not the only one that  feels TLJ SETS and FO sets are just not right. They look like a mess poorly done !!

On 7/14/2017 at 5:41 AM, caperica said:

I think LEGO is starting to shy away from making the sets look nice and making them more playable. They will get more money from younger children than older collectors is my bet. There was a short period of time after they had enough parts to make it look nice and before they were only concerned with revenue, where there was a good balance between playable sets and accurate sets, and several that were both, like the Tantive IV.

All the reason to do more mocs

On 7/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, H_Solo said:

I think I found a viable solution to the small feet... as I'm in the building process right now and still wait for some parts to arrive I'll post some pictures of my approach to the AT-AT asap.

I'm very keen to see this mate :)

6 minutes ago, Kozikyo86 said:

Hi!

There is someone who wants to build plus-size AT-M6 First Order Heavy Assault Walker? :classic: 

Someone will need to design one first. Possibly even larger then this plus-size one! Though, that might make the build difficult...

Spoiler

p4keatjv07jz.jpg 

Potential TLJ spoiler picture. 

Oh it's definitely bigger. If someone would build this with instructions I would be over the moon. Too bad I'm not a great of a builder myself :p 

Edited by Kevii23

I have the 75054 but I'm willing to disassemble it for this beast. Does all the parts of the 75054 are used in this one?

On 4.8.2017 at 6:06 AM, bataleon said:

I'm very keen to see this mate :)

So, I finally finished the build.

Thanks a lot to Raskolnikov for making this possible!

37086429726_a57ec221bd_o.jpg

37086428726_5e2a7db1c7_o.jpg

36462398823_46cdff9afc_o.jpg

36462380303_65e2d77b63_o.jpg

37086424896_8ee9a52e22_o.jpg

37277254235_671f224111_o.jpg

Now for the new feet:

36462397333_dd4d3d5eef_o.jpg

36879255050_e6832c94ac_o.jpg

And some more detailed shots for you to re-built it:

37086423236_363040c41e_o.jpg

37086421256_6068477e2c_o.jpg

37134377991_9acdae781f_o.jpg

37086416326_df3a9f43eb_o.jpg

37277242665_5e165df9fa_o.jpg

37086411406_875b639bc4_o.jpg

37086409486_5898d83207_o.jpg

36439442924_0be1a68dfa_o.jpg

36879243280_1528068dba_o.jpg

36439441814_4ddbed124e_o.jpg

I also used a 7l strut-piece in pearl silver and re-built the inner ankles of the feet:

37134372301_d90792f9f0_o.jpg

37104684612_b54e54db79_o.jpg

36439439734_4f83bc4b60_o.jpg

Edited by H_Solo
better sized pictures

I'm trying to build First Order AT-M6 in PlusSize, but slowly I think it's over my strength :laugh:Below are the initial versions of the front leg (in LDD)...

Bez tytułu