jim7564

IJN Takao (heavy cruiser)

IJN Takao heavy cruiser,this is the build after its last modernization when it had more guns/armour etc,like all WW2 japanese ships more and more armament was added over its lifespan,

DSC02068_zps5cnrungd.jpg

really enjoyable build as i had most of the pieces lying about,a lot of different techniques used as jap ships are never square,everything has funny angles or curves

DSC01703_zps8su1kl2g.jpg

hull is around 17ft long,

DSC01730_zpsp69pwx2n.jpg

torpedo deck 4x4 torpedo launchers and spare torpedos 

DSC01732_zpsmtmso3ix.jpg

DSC01731_zpsl9rcsms7.jpg

DSC01722_zpsigszlsmf.jpg

dont normally build the insides but anything open needs to be built incase someone looks inside

DSC02060_zpsk78sxyqz.jpg

DSC02064_zpsrbjixwnp.jpg

boats etc,made these in black as opposed to grey,adds a bit of colour

DSC02018_zpsf5st1wdq.jpg

superstructure is a challenge,the amount of gear that has been added over the years,i started building as it was originally and adding extras to get it right as it finally was near the the end the war,funnels were the first things to build then the main casing and everything else after that

DSC02093_zpsxovbxwoq.jpg

DSC02094_zpss9bgvce1.jpg

so much crammed into such small spaces,the anount of fire power these cruisers had in their day is unreal

DSC02092_zps5e3okduz.jpg

DSC02091_zpsqloeh7fo.jpg

DSC02090_zps75mospr2.jpg

DSC02089_zpsijrkt1cs.jpg

conning tower/range finder

DSC02088_zpseeifabyf.jpg

DSC02082_zpsuvhqtfyx.jpg

main superstructure has some amount of angles

DSC02080_zpsqscxft2s.jpg

over its life its had plenty of armour/blast sheilds added making it so much different from when it was first built

DSC02079_zpshvzmg8vl.jpg

the deck was pretty easy a lot of pieces saved as japanese ships had a kind of mat over the deck so no tan/grey deck to do

DSC02078_zpsjbrzs11s.jpg

DSC02096_zpsybhraf9h.jpg

DSC02097_zpsjqrau7gv.jpg

DSC02098_zpszzwzzmcq.jpg

DSC02102_zpsxruqr2wn.jpg

TA K AO in hiragna symbols 

DSC02075_zps1wqcdco8.jpg

DSC02074_zpsuczyjb0e.jpg

DSC02076_zpsozgmj7cr.jpg

DSC02069_zps7p5y3fjq.jpg

this ship looks massive sitting here but alongside the Missouri it appears quite small

Another HUGE Ship! *huh*
I see that not all the parts are LEGO, some are clones. (I think, because there are no LEGO text on the studs). CMIIW

7 minutes ago, KamalMYafi said:

Another HUGE Ship! *huh*
I see that not all the parts are LEGO, some are clones. (I think, because there are no LEGO text on the studs). CMIIW

yes your right there,only reason for this is the cost of parts,all the fine detail is lego,but any normal bricks are clones,but i think it all goes together the same,clone bricks are dull so look ok on a warship.

Wow!

Takao class is a must-build Lego Moc for any big ship builder, and I again understand why. Excellent use of the 2x3 33º inverted slopes.

Congratulations!

Wow, that is huge! You really put a lot of time and effort into your build, and the work shows.

How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become such a skillful master builder?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic.  Add a few more pictures from different angles. Did you creat any pirate ships as well?

7 hours ago, Staslegomaster said:

How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become such a skillful master builder?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic.  Add a few more pictures from different angles. Did you creat any pirate ships as well?

DSC04302_zpsn7naro6u.jpg

DSC04325_zpsujajtnjd.jpg

DSC01958_zpspvfceftw.jpg

DSC01957_zpsulbel8xk.jpg

Aichi E13A

DSC01904_zpsu0t2myrw.jpg

DSC01902_zpsntme4bdg.jpg

DSC01878_zpsza5lmiez.jpg

DSC01866_zpsbrlzm2j2.jpg

DSC01865_zpsbxqj8ylh.jpg

DSC01843_zpsqg2ggmgx.jpg

DSC01821_zps4bx0xrii.jpg

DSC01802_zps8e45iukf.jpg

DSC01789_zps6oltpkjz.jpg

DSC01776_zpsidb2mxvr.jpg

DSC01762_zpso8r9lu6e.jpg

DSC01761_zpszt5gjoqe.jpg

are these all original LEGO parts? There are studs with no logos. No disrespect, just curiosity. 

On 10.11.2016 at 3:02 PM, jim7564 said:

yes your right there,only reason for this is the cost of parts,all the fine detail is lego,but any normal bricks are clones,but i think it all goes together the same,clone bricks are dull so look ok on a warship.

He said already that he did use clone parts, indeed.

I can't find any words for that massive amount of bricks in boat-form :D The sheer size of that American warship...