Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I presented one of my models here, but I believe this one should get your attention, as it's not something that you build everyday.

It's my first life-size model, a fully functional electric fan. It features an on-off switch, 2 buttons for choosing the speed (low and high) and a switch for the oscillating motion.

It uses an L motor placed in the base that drives a 2-speed high-torque gearbox, and an old 9V motor (71427) placed in the fan head, for the lateral movement. It's powered by a large BB, found in the base (naturally).

It's quite heavy (around 2 Kg), but sturdy and reliable, so it can be used as a real fan (into high speed), as long as you don't mind replacing batteries too often :)

But enough talk, check out the photos and video below.

30141268384_21e2d7f8cd_z_d.jpg

30141270534_ef31fb74b0_z_d.jpg

30684798911_84c0a4eabf_z_d.jpg

30137619363_4f10598952_z_d.jpg

30141274194_dd6c850477_z_d.jpg

30656258222_45c8511500_z_d.jpg

You can see all the photos on my Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/51283853@N06/albums/72157672498837433/with/30656258222/

Nicely done, looks like it works like a charm. I tried something like this on Summer, but didn't quite work as nicely as yours.

Looks pretty cool, i wish that it wont get fire like a real fan i had in my bedroom (One of my most terrifying moments of my life), good work on it.

14 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Pretty cool. But you should have made this in summer. :laugh:

summer down under and its not even started yet... the heat waves and forest fires...

4 hours ago, Chade said:

This is awesome! Love it. :thumbup: What parts are you using for the blades?

Thanks mate. These blades are the best you can use for generating wind, but unfortunately, they are found in a single set (9688 Renewable Energy), so they are pretty expensive: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=89509

Edited by braker23

Great MOC! This will sell very well in hot and tropical regions.

I was also interested where you got the blade and it was already answered. It's really expensive but I guess the purchase justifies the outcome. :)

10 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

summer down under and its not even started yet... the heat waves and forest fires...

Ah, yes. Should have seen that. :laugh: It is getting real cold where I live right now. :tongue: