To all who come to this happy thread, welcome! As you may know, I'm a huge Disney fan, so after the popularity of the Purist Superhero Figs thread, I figured it would be great to have a similar thread dedicated to creating purist Disney minifigs! :sweet: Since it will probably be a while until we get another series of Disney CMFs (if we get one at all!) it's up to us to fill up the roster of minifigs based on Disney movies. Anything from TV shows, short films, animated features, and live-action films is welcome here! Flesh skin-toned figs are preferred since they look more accurate and fit in with the CMFs (unless the character has a different skin color in the source material of course), but yellow figs are accepted as well.

Allow me to start by sharing some of my creations. First off, here is a pure Joy from Inside Out. :grin: I made her yellow since she always has that golden glow. The Cyborg hair actually suits her pretty well.

By the way, if you want an official Joy minifig as well as the other emotions, please support my Inside Out Ideas project!

30164370753_64ebaece44_z.jpg

Pure Joy by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Next we have the Sultan and his trusted advisor Jafar along with Jago from Aladdin. The sultan's turban doesn't fit on his head completely due to the beard. He could use a cape, but sadly there are no tan capes. I'm pretty happy with Jafar, even though his skin is not the right tone.

30164369893_aa55fd1962_z.jpg

Sultan and Jafar by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Lilo & Stitch is probably the most under-represented property in Lego, so here are some figs to fix that: Lilo herself, Pleakley, and Cobra Bubbles. Lilo looks a little... boyish, but that's just because the head and hair that are most accurate for her come from male minifigs.

30164368783_a192093d67_z.jpg

Lilo, Pleakley, and Cobra Bubbles by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Also, this isn't mine, but somebody made a Beast using the minidoll head:

lego_beauty_and_the_beast04.jpg

So what combos can you come up with to make our Lego Disney dreams come true? Please share your creations along with a little description!

A while ago, I made a pretty serviceable Agent Z from the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon

Warp Darkmatter: Agent Z

Pictured here with Buzz himself

19 hours ago, Rinzler said:

A while ago, I made a pretty serviceable Agent Z from the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon

Nice! That MOS armor is perfect for him! I loved that show and I made the Hornets from it a few years ago along with a more accurate blaster for Zurg:

6191705090_a56e9836ba_z.jpg

Zurg with blaster and Hornet by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

That's badass! How on earth did you build Zurg's cannon? I've been trying to get that right for years!

14 hours ago, Oky said:

Nice! That MOS armor is perfect for him! I loved that show and I made the Hornets from it a few years ago along with a more accurate blaster for Zurg:

Zurg with blaster and Hornet by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

That's badass! How on earth did you build Zurg's cannon? I've been trying to get that right for years!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

9 hours ago, Rinzler said:

Thanks! It took me a while to figure it out too. The key is this piece which has an X at the bottom that allows you to attach the third barrel centered.

2376.png

On 11/5/2016 at 6:10 PM, Oky said:

Lilo & Stitch is probably the most under-represented property in Lego, so here are some figs to fix that: Lilo herself, Pleakley, and Cobra Bubbles. Lilo looks a little... boyish, but that's just because the head and hair that are most accurate for her come from male minifigs.

Lilo, Pleakley, and Cobra Bubbles by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

So what combos can you come up with to make our Lego Disney dreams come true? Please share your creations along with a little description!

Building off of your post, I think Lilo could benefit from this torso, if only for another ounce of detail. All of your figures look great, and I can't wait to see how this thread continues! :)

EDIT: I had an idea for Bob Parr from The Incredibles, but without his suit.
Using Mr. Incredible's hair, either of these heads, this torso, these arms, regular fleshy hands, and black legs, you have a pretty good looking Bob Parr.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Building off of your post, I think Lilo could benefit from this torso, if only for another ounce of detail. All of your figures look great, and I can't wait to see how this thread continues! :)

Thanks! I know Lilo is a bit plain and I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think that torso would suit her. It would just add wrinkles to her dress and even in the most detailed illustrations of her, her dress is pretty smooth and wrinkle-free.

319?cb=20130227040421

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I had an idea for Bob Parr from The Incredibles, but without his suit.
Using Mr. Incredible's hair, either of these heads, this torso, these arms, regular fleshy hands, and black legs, you have a pretty good looking Bob Parr,

Good suggestions! Unfortunately I don't have that torso and arms, so if someone else could put this together, it would be incredible!:classic:

On 11/17/2016 at 10:26 PM, Oky said:

Thanks! I know Lilo is a bit plain and I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think that torso would suit her. It would just add wrinkles to her dress and even in the most detailed illustrations of her, her dress is pretty smooth and wrinkle-free.

What about this one? It's got a bit of a floral design to it, (though not really similar to her actual dress pattern,) with no wrinkles on it.

On 12/6/2016 at 2:24 PM, Dufresne said:

What about this one? It's got a bit of a floral design to it, (though not really similar to her actual dress pattern,) with no wrinkles on it.

True, but OP is trying to keep it as close to the original as possible, and that's the wrong shade of red.

Also, Fantasia Mickey:

Any one of these hats, the standard Mickey Mouse head, the wrinkly torso that I originally suggested for Oky's Lilo, red arms, white hands, these legs, and toothed plates for shoes! (I'm not sure what color his shoes were in the movie.) 

Plus, there is a tan mop head in the Disney Castle set, which, when coupled with a reddish brown 6L or 6.6L bar, and maybe a few clip holders and/or other key bits, you can create the animated mop too!

On 11/21/2016 at 4:28 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

Here is my Dash from The Incredibles

Love it! Nice use of the Mighty Micro Robin head. I would have used black legs though.

21 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Emperor Kuzco (Has to be normal fleshie as there aren't enough parts in medium dark flesh (Movie Batgirl's skin tone)

This torso- https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973px70#T=C&C=5

Good idea. I think Rowan Freemaker's head that I used for Lilo would work pretty well for Kuzco, so you could make him dark skinned, although he might end up looking too similar to Lilo.:laugh: Unfortunately I don't have that headgear, so I won't be able to execute this design. Anyone else wanna take a crack at it?

On 2/3/2017 at 9:47 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Also, Fantasia Mickey

That mop and wizard hat are actually included in the Disney Castle as a Fantasia reference, so yeah, it's an obvious choice to use those for a Fantasia creation. :wink: Here is what I came up with. I couldn't use the legs you suggested since I only own the magnet version of the Royal Guard which is kragled.:hmpf_bad:

33403286745_04159951cb_z.jpg
The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Also, I thought that the Fairy Batman body would make a great alternate Minnie design, so here's an ice skater version of her loosely based on the short from Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas. It works perfectly, except for the Batman symbol on her chest. :tongue:

32560837044_00f60c9585_z.jpg
Ice Skating Minnie (or Batminnie) by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

And last, but not least, here are the human main characters from 101 Dalmatians: Cruella Deville (as played by Helena Bonham Carter :grin: ), Roger and Anita.

33020569800_bb25ca7332_z.jpg
Cruella DeVille, Roger and Anita by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

3 hours ago, Oky said:

Love it! Nice use of the Mighty Micro Robin head. I would have used black legs though.

Good idea. I think Rowan Freemaker's head that I used for Lilo would work pretty well for Kuzco, so you could make him dark skinned, although he might end up looking too similar to Lilo.:laugh: Unfortunately I don't have that headgear, so I won't be able to execute this design. Anyone else wanna take a crack at it?

That mop and wizard hat are actually included in the Disney Castle as a Fantasia reference, so yeah, it's an obvious choice to use those for a Fantasia creation. :wink: Here is what I came up with. I couldn't use the legs you suggested since I only own the magnet version of the Royal Guard which is kragled.:hmpf_bad:
The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Also, I thought that the Fairy Batman body would make a great alternate Minnie design, so here's an ice skater version of her loosely based on the short from Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas. It works perfectly, except for the Batman symbol on her chest. :tongue:
Ice Skating Minnie (or Batminnie) by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

And last, but not least, here are the human main characters from 101 Dalmatians: Cruella Deville (as played by Helena Bonham Carter :grin: ), Roger and Anita.
Cruella DeVille, Roger and Anita by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Wow! Beautiful figures across the board! Glad my suggestions were helpful! Sorry to hear that Lord Business got to your Royal Guard. :sceptic: As for Ice Skating Minnie/Bat Minnie (:laugh:) I think that the opposite side of her torso is still pink and black, and also lacks the ostentatious bat motif to boot! Moreover, I think that TLBM Babs's pink dress costume could work too, if you're willing to mix and match your shades of pink.  

On 3/11/2017 at 7:23 PM, Takanuinuva said:

I think I may have solved the "flesh versus light flesh versus medium dark flesh", problems that this thread seems to have been plagued by thus far:
The Indiana Jones Cemetery Warrior head, or the ACU Trooper/Naboo Security Guard head can work for Jafar, Zander's, Aladdin's, or Raj Koothrapali's respective heads can work for Emperor Kuzco, and finally, Kordi's head could work for Lilo.

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Wow! Beautiful figures across the board! Glad my suggestions were helpful! Sorry to hear that Lord Business got to your Royal Guard. :sceptic: As for Ice Skating Minnie/Bat Minnie (:laugh:) I think that the opposite side of her torso is still pink and black, and also lacks the ostentatious bat motif to boot! Moreover, I think that TLBM Babs's pink dress costume could work too, if you're willing to mix and match your shades of pink.  

I think I may have solved the "flesh versus light flesh versus medium dark flesh", problems that this thread seems to have been plagued by thus far:
The Indiana Jones Cemetery Warrior head, or the ACU Trooper/Naboo Security Guard head can work for Jafar, Zander's, Aladdin's, or Raj Koothrapali's respective heads can work for Emperor Kuzco, and finally, Kordi's head could work for Lilo.

Thanks! No, the back of that torso is just pink which is too plain and Pink Power Batgirl's torso has the same problems in addition to the wrong shade of pink. I can live with the Batman symbol on her chest. Maybe Minnie is just a huge Batman fan. :tongue:

As @Takanuinuva said, the problem with those heads are the expressions. None of those are smug enough for Kuzco and Kordi's looked too adult/serious for Lilo for my liking. As for Jafar, he definitely needs his evil goatee, so I think the only dark skinned head that comes in question is this one or this, but hair is too bushy on that one. Nizam's is pretty much perfect for him, aside from the skin tone and lack of eyeliner.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Love these! I've made some custom items myself in the movie/tv thread :D

Love some of these minifigures in this thread!! :D

17190707_10212244258439321_5800120850643

Thought I'd share this here. My very own, custom-made Maleficent poster. Obviously the lego's are custom made too. I'd love to do more posters like this related to Disney; if anyone has any suggestions I'll give it a go.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17015846_10212244314800730_3370976551527706029_o.jpg?oh=aa2291325f204b250199b2a443d7f8b4&oe=592CB653

Jafar: I hate the fact that we don't have a proper turban for Jafar. Hopefully he'll be released properly soon.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17192235_10212244314520723_3053500788508508760_o.jpg?oh=8c313b732df58ddc48cc3860d8fb4fe1&oe=59341C9A

The Beast: I know people love THOSE legs and they are suitable for the beast, but he looks naked with them on, so I just used a standard blue set of legs to match the movie.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17159219_10212244314560724_2037306650334764010_o.jpg?oh=43acfb4813cf2d01d8e111478cc26a8d&oe=593B4A33

Queen Of Hearts

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17016013_10212244314840731_8384622600816752351_o.jpg?oh=43a889570c16305a59a21f6e7320aa8b&oe=5966D6A8

Movie Maleficent & Aurora: I loved this movie, it wasn't as good as the original cartoon, but I loved it all the same so the figures are a must for me.

Let me know what you guys think

Edited by LuxorV
Huge images. Turned into links. Resize before deeplinking.

15 hours ago, justjonnoh said:

Would love to know how to make these three!

Cruella: Aldrich Killian with red hands, Bellatrix Lestrange head, TwoFace hair, and one of these for her purse.

Roger: The Computer Programmer with Peter Parker head and hands and dark tan hair.

Anita: Mary Jane with Pretzel Girl skirt and Tennis Player hair.

It's actually kinda ironic how I used the heads from a Marvel couple for Roger and Anita and the body of a Marvel villain for Cruella! :grin:

@LegoAndDisney Nice figs! I especially like the Queen of Hearts, although I would try Harley Quinn's torso for her and try to use a hairpiece with a tiara.

@Oky Thank you! I think using the Harley torso is a great idea! I'm going to give that a try.

I had a go at making my own Cruella. I booted The Penguin out of his Arctic Roller and took some pics of her.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18155858_10212743704405158_3388229404447575182_o.jpg?oh=09ead0886f6d53f389e3d1f820b5f096&oe=5987BB0C

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18156090_10212743705205178_7850946555009607603_o.jpg?oh=d4b8a371d9b36f4b9e47af69f85a3218&oe=59C2A5B4

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18121393_10212743704965172_7714903344598872682_o.jpg?oh=1b161dbec8f6de85351c8832727333f8&oe=598914EF

Edited by LuxorV
Huge images. Turned into links. Resize before deeplinking.

Who's your friend who likes to play?!

With the release of the Abilisk, I was able to recreate my Bing Bong design with real parts! Still missing the 1x1 brick with studs on the sides in pink though. My Lego Ideas Inside Out project just needs about 3000 more supporters, but there's only 70 days left, so please go support and share it if you haven't already: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/109759"

33825746933_24e24e1662_z.jpg
Bing Bong by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Also, with a new King Arthur movie out in theaters this weekend, I felt inspired to make some figs based on the Disney classic The Sword in the Stone. From left to right: Arthur, Merlin with Archimedes, and Madam Mim.

34250101540_1efb7bf350_z.jpg
The Sword in the Stone figs by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

On 4/25/2017 at 2:25 AM, LegoAndDisney said:

I had a go at making my own Cruella. I booted The Penguin out of his Arctic Roller and took some pics of her.

That's not purist and therefore doesn't belong in this thread, but it sure looks good.:thumbup: And as LuxorV said, please resize your pics before you deeplink them so that we can all see them here.

It's been a while since I posted any new figs here, so here are some Incredibles characters I've been working on.

I was very disappointed when the Incredibles 2 sets featured a minifig of Mr. Incredible that was basically just an inferior version of the CMF one instead of the much more movie accurate semi-bigfig that is seen in the video game, so I set out to try to create my own more barrel-chested Mr. Incredible and this is the result. I'm quite happy with it, although it turned out bigger than I hoped.

44386087535_77c71192e1_c.jpg

I also made purist figs of Bomb Voyage and Frozone. These are different from the ones in my Dash's Birthday Bash MOC since I wasn't allowed to use any licensed parts in that contest entry. I'm not super happy with the latter. While the Cpt. Cold torso is pretty much perfect for him, it's not the same color as his legs, and there is surprisingly no headgear that correctly represents his visor, so the best I could do was the Falcon head. Seriously, why did we not get an official fig of him? :angry: Anyway, here's a shot of Mr. Incredibly Swole's back:

44576354704_5cece06f82_c.jpg

I hope you like them, and as always, feel free to share your ideas and your own purist Disney figs here!