Brikkyy13

How long does a bricklink order usually take?

8 hours ago, Brick Boy HD said:

I just ordered something off of brick link On April 28 2017  from a seller named your favorite brick who's page said that he is from Maryland how long will it take to ship ?

That's something you'll have to discuss with the seller. Check their page to see if it says anything about what postal service they use or message them and ask them :)

I've not ordered from them too commonly buuuut it just varies pretty wildly. Also it matters where you buy the stuff of course (I always try to buy only from my country of residence to make it quicker, cheaper and safer).

I've had orders come in days and some orders take several weeks. I never go in there with the expectation for fast ordering because there's so many different stories and individuals and it's not Amazon. I'd probably give each order a full... maybe six weeks before I started wondering where it was. I try to be really patient with my orders there and though it just about never takes THAT long (I think the longest was like 3 weeks) I've never had an issue with them that wasn't corrected by the store person later (I got the wrong colors a few times but some of the Lego colors are SO close I'm okay with it as long as they correct it!).

10 hours ago, Brick Boy HD said:

I just ordered something off of brick link On April 28 2017  from a seller named your favorite brick who's page said that he is from Maryland how long will it take to ship ?

I looked at the Your Favourite Brick store and they have no details on their terms page, so you are guessing as to how they operate.  I must say this is a bit odd for someone with as much feedback as them.

Most sellers have a shipping table and some details of how they work on this page, so you know in advance how much an order is likely to cost, and how quickly they will send it out.  This will obviously vary from store to store.  Also bare in mind that if you order on Friday, even if you get an invoice back straight away and pay immediately, it is likely not going to get posted until the Monday.  Personally I am only a very small fish in the Bricklink selling game, but unless something drastic happens at work, I can pretty much always post things next working day.

I can only urge every buyer to talk to the actual seller instead of asking here. The seller might have a busy week, not have everything in store anymore or whatever else only the seller really knows. It also helps to look at the TOS and reviews of the store before placing an order.

I know in the US, tracking numbers are provided with most shipments.  That can be very helpful in figuring out the location of your shipment.  

International shipments are much more tricky, at least for me.  They range from getting here in 5 days from Denmark to never making it here at all.  2-3 weeks seems average, and some have been held up over a month thanks to US Customs.  When ordering from overseas, I tend to make sure the shipments are insured as the chance of a package getting lost increases when more people have to be involved with it.  

When I order from a store for the first time, I would check their recent user comments to see if there has been any recent activity and see if there are any common issues. Some may ship on the same day but some may take a week to take any action, but I try to understand that this is usually their hobby and they may be busy or on vacation. And even after they ship, the shipping time will vary with each country and eventually you may favor certain countries over others due to shipping speed. I'm in the US and I try to order from US store, but my main fallback is Germany.

For those in the USA, do you have any preferred countries to order from? I've had good results with Germany, with orders arriving in about 7-10 days and the shipping cost is reasonable. I just tried Austria, which is next to Germany, so hopefully the results are similar. Or are there countries you would definitely avoid due to how long it takes? I've seen good parts selection from countries like Hong Kong, but I suspect it may take a month for those orders.

18 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

Or are there countries you would definitely avoid

I have had some really bad luck with ordering from the Netherlands. I place it squarely on the sellers, but since all sellers I have dealt with there caused 1-3 month delays, I avoid the whole country if at all possible.

I have yet to find a set pattern.  One order from Denmark made it to Texas in less than a week.  I was truly stunned!  One item was ordered from France back in 2014.  It has yet to arrive.  A Lithuanian order took a little over a month with the delay being attributed to US Customs.  A few orders have been placed from Germany.  The shortest shipping time was about 10 days.  Currently, I am waiting on another order from Germany placed on April 14.  If May 14 rolls around with no package, I will probably contact the seller for the tracking number to try and figure out what is going on with it.  

On 30/04/2017 at 7:00 AM, Brick Boy HD said:

Check his splash page to see if there's any info on how frequently he ships stuff. Your profile also doesn't show what country you're in so that would have an effect on the shipping also.

Quickest BL order I've had was around 18 hours from making the order to receiving item. I don't think it'll be that quick.

Never order from Canada if you're in a hurry. At least not to the other side of the world!

I've bought lots of stuff (Lego & other) from all around the world over the last decade and the times seem to go like this:

Australia (local): 1-2 weeks (usually not cheap postage)
East Asia (China etc): lottery, good luck (could be a few days or a few months, cheap or free)
UK: 1.5-3 weeks (Royal Mail air mail is quick and cheap, bigger stuff is slower and expensive)
USA: 2-5 weeks (you usually have a good idea of when it will arrive according to the seller's approximation, usually expensive)
Denmark (Lego S@H): 3 weeks every time (very expensive if it's not free)
Germany: 2-4 weeks (price varies)
Other Europe: 2-6 weeks (not cheap)
Canada: 4 weeks nearly every time

I prefer USA & Germany due to the cheaper items & higher availability. But the postage costs can get crazy from US. As far as small BL orders is concerned, UK is often better.

11 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Never order from Canada if you're in a hurry. At least not to the other side of the world!

Australia (local): 1-2 weeks (usually not cheap postage)

I agree about Canada and I'm from the US! It's weird. I guess they can't just kick the packages over the border.

But then then you're saying it takes 1-2 weeks from within Australia. Is this just shipping time? Within the US, I expect the shipping to be 1-5 days (usually 3).

Yes, just postage time. I forgot to mention those times don't include the things like invoice, payment etc part of a BL order.

Well, Australia Post is effective but not efficient. I once received a letter from a building 2 blocks from my home, it took a week to arrive because it went via the capital city. Their methods ensure that everything gets where it should at the expense of taking the long route. If you lived closer to civilisation it would be quicker. When I say 1-2 weeks it's probably more like 3 to 6 business days, but Murphy's Law dictates that if delivery could possibly be delayed over the weekend then it will.:hmpf:

I just ordered something from Austria to USA and I think I will get it tomorrow, which makes it 7 days since shipping. But most interesting is the tracking data. It only takes 2 days for it to arrive to the US, but it takes more time to go through an International Shipping Center and then a couple of hops before it gets to my local postal branch. I always thought the long delay was due to the package being in foreign parts but it's actually within the country already.

On 10.5.2017 at 3:44 AM, Artanis I said:

Customs officials having a laugh smashing boxes around

+1, and thats my main reason why i avoid ordering abroad if possible. had 2 orders once that shipped at same day but had more than a month of difference on arriving (even thought the second order was lost due to tracking being FUBAR'd and the parcel going stealth)

On 5/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, Artanis I said:

Customs officials having a laugh smashing boxes around

Don't you mean slapping duty and import tariffs on your order?  The courier and post guys would be ones going postal and smashing boxes.  :wink:

On 12/05/2017 at 10:35 PM, masterX244 said:

+1, and thats my main reason why i avoid ordering abroad if possible. had 2 orders once that shipped at same day but had more than a month of difference on arriving (even thought the second order was lost due to tracking being FUBAR'd and the parcel going stealth)

They opened a BL parcel from UK once, because it had an organic smell in the box. Possibly herbal?:look: Well, only Lego was inside.

On 13/05/2017 at 8:01 AM, dr_spock said:

Don't you mean slapping duty and import tariffs on your order?  The courier and post guys would be ones going postal and smashing boxes.  :wink:

"Going postal", haha. Well, you know, the courier & post guys are just the scapegoats!

a couple years ago are used super glue on the Lego flash helmet to keep it in place but I don't know how to remove the superglue does anybody know any ideas

I worked for someone filling out Bricklink orders.

We tried to burn through and ship as many orders as possible everyday, large orders usually got shipped by the next day. However, we would also regularly get giant boxes of LEGO parts which of course we had to sort, and that ate up a huge chunk of time, so sometimes orders got delayed by another day or two.

I can't speak for other sellers but I try to invoice with 24-48 hours and then ship within 24 hours of payment. If he's using paypal to print your shipping label you should be notified it was shipped when he prints the label via a paypal email I think. I'm referring to the order showing pending. The statue in Bricklink has be changed manually so it's possible he shipped it but forgot to update bricklink. Hope that makes sense. 

I had experiences when the sellers would switch an order to ship but the package has not been actually shipped. The shipping label was just created. The USPS has not received the package for as long as 5 days.