CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2016 - Your ideal Snow entry thread

7 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

You built this entire thing for the raffle? Wow, I'm impressed. Could've saved it for the Winter Village contest (that seems to be coming late this year) :wink: 

Thank you! My girlfriend and I bought the Winter Village Post Office a few months ago, completing the Winter Village series for us, so we've decided we need to do lots of MOCs if we want it to keep growing. This raffle was a good justification/excuse to try one out, haha. If there is a Winter Village contest this year, I have lots more ideas :)

You know the coolest part about snow is: 

30942530651_b0de4d31c1_z.jpg

You can walk behind your friend, hit the tree branches above, and drop the snow all over him ......

But I guess it won't be that fun if you do it to Batman ......

Thanks CopMike for another great Christmas Raffle !

My ideal snow ... my eldest son after a snowball fight (it's usually the other way around).

snow.jpg

Edited by MAB

I don't know about "ideal",  but this is my take on "snow". Hopefully I can attack this winter's snow with the same enthusiasm as Emmet...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=980.0;at

Edited by AndersI

30711512320_c757406809_z.jpg

When I think of snow I think of it from a writer's point of view: the sentimentality of childhood memories, spending Christmastime with family, children's faces lighting up when walking by festive store windows, footpaths covered in a coating of snow, a joyous season to appreciate and reflect on all the good the year has brought. 

To sum it all up, when I think of snow I think of the joy and the magic it brings to the world. (Hence why Dr. Strange is in the pic) :P

***Please excuse the bad photo quality - thankfully this is only a raffle and not a contest based on quality of the photo and build :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713

31117219245_879574624f_c.jpg

Thanks Copmike for organizing this again!

[img=https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5532/31117219245_879574624f_c.jpg]

And clearly I'm struggling with embedding an image! 

Edited by eurotrash
Embedded graphic

Thank for running this contest again, I know it's a lot of work.  I love it every year!

When I think of "snow" I think of watching "The Empire Strikes Back" as a kid and all the scenes on Hoth.  Here's kinder, gentler take on it- the Snowball Battle of Hoth, featuring Boba Fett (in winter gear) sneaking up on the rebel barricade as an imperial officer takes a snowball to the face, knocking his helmet off.

raffle_2016_02.jpg

Edited by meschepers

Thank you for hosting this again this year, Mike! Been busy lately but going to take the time out to make an LDD entry soon. This raffle is great. I remember my first year on the forums, I entered and won some LOTR figures, and was able to give them to my mother and share my enjoyment of LEGO with her. Thank you for your continual generosity and kindness. :classic:

22 hours ago, toutouille said:

My tiny train in the snow.

Like a musical box the train rotates with a mechanism.

(snip)

Thanks for this new Xmas rafle.

Wow, that is a lovely little creation!
Keep clicking those bricks together.

15 hours ago, Blue Wren said:

Here's a way I get to enjoy snow all year round. With a snow dome!

(snip)

Lovely, Blue Wren!
Would you mind enlightening me on the part you used for the left-most tree on the back wall. It does not look familiar to me.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee