Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Ghostbusters would be cool. The only downside is the property is a bit long in the tooth. I don't think a full blown stand alone licensed line would work. But if they ever do a "classics of SciFi" type theme where they can do one or two subjects each from a variety of classic shows, then GB would be at the top of the list.

Yeah, but an anthology of SciFi licensed sets would probably be too expensive and probably not as rentable. :sad:

Legend of Zelda and Hunger games! I'd want them to be flesh tone, not yellow.

Do you guys think Lego Indiana Jones will come back? I feel like they missed a few sets like the Holy Grail temple, the ships near the end of Radiers, and a boy scout adventure set from the beginning of Last Crusaders. What do you think?

i would say no, unless there is a 5th movie coming out

No real reason to do James Bond. They have their own Agents line which covers that territory and let's them flex it a bit for humor and play appeal. Should they choose to resurrect it. Plus most kids don't really know classic James Bond like they used to. And straight up JB gets a little too close to their real world violence prohibitions.

Oddly I don't think Star Trek would be a great Lego subject. Because of how the shows were made there are a limited number of very similar ships and scenes. I love Trek. I model Trek extensively. I just don't think it is a good fit for Lego.

Ghostbusters would be cool. The only downside is the property is a bit long in the tooth. I don't think a full blown stand alone licensed line would work. But if they ever do a "classics of SciFi" type theme where they can do one or two subjects each from a variety of classic shows, then GB would be at the top of the list.

TMNT would be a great subject, provided Michael Bay doesn't destroy the property. The turtles would be easy to do as minifigs. Standard minifig body, with a shell backpack type attachment. The van just screams build me in Lego. The only negative is they are essentially already playing in this niche without the license with Ninjago.

I agree TMNT would be a perfect lego property. You've got 6 main good guys, and 2 main bad guys..scores of stormtroopers i mean foot soldiers.

Star Trek i disagree and it would be a great property for them also. Kinda like LOTR... Especially with a new movie coming out, it would be how castle has been replaced by LOTR and Space would also be REplaced for Star Trek. I totally believe a SW and ST license could co-exist. However do you mess with the cash cow that is SW? Do you possibly introduce a theme that could steal revenue?

Well we can always hope though!

Star Trek i disagree and it would be a great property for them also. Kinda like LOTR... Especially with a new movie coming out, it would be how castle has been replaced by LOTR and Space would also be REplaced for Star Trek. I totally believe a SW and ST license could co-exist. However do you mess with the cash cow that is SW? Do you possibly introduce a theme that could steal revenue?

Well we can always hope though!

We have both DC and Marvel, so you never know! But doesn't the Lucasfilm license not let there be Lego Star Trek?

Cool

Welcome to EB. Please refrain from using such short replies.

For one thing, what is cool? And if you like something, you should explain it. Otherwise your posts are a lot like spam.

Dragonball Z!!!!!!!!!

so many sets could be made with one of my all time favorite cartoons as a kid(and still now :classic:)

to bad its only a dream........

Oddly I don't think Star Trek would be a great Lego subject. Because of how the shows were made there are a limited number of very similar ships and scenes. I love Trek. I model Trek extensively. I just don't think it is a good fit for Lego.

I disagree. Star Trek has a wealth of ships and iconic places that is as rich as Star Wars. Of course, the ships of starfleet mostly have the same build (a saucer with two warp nacelles), but then there are also the alien ships, space stations, sets, planets and holo-adventures to choose from.

So it would be easy enough to build sets that would be recognizable without minifigs.

Star Wars did not replace Space, did it?

I too think there won't be licensing issues. However I do believe, that the market would be oversaturated then. Also Star Trek isn't that popular with Lego's target group (5-11 year olds).

TMNT would be a great subject, provided Michael Bay doesn't destroy the property.

Please tell me this is not actually happening.

Do you guys think Lego Indiana Jones will come back? I feel like they missed a few sets like the Holy Grail temple, the ships near the end of Radiers, and a boy scout adventure set from the beginning of Last Crusaders. What do you think?

Even though I think a 5 movie would be a piece of crap, I would love one to come out just to give us a new wave. How they never made the grail temple is beyond me. It could be just like Temple Escape from ROTLA with all the tests he has to go through to get to the grail. A Pangkot(sp?) Palace set would be cool too.

LEGO HAS (I repeat "HAS") to do a Legend of Korra license. Come on, beeing a fan of ATLA I just watched 2 episodes of LoK and I already see a world of possibilities for LEGO sets. A Pro-Bending Arena would be top, not to mention all the Steampunk styled stuff.

Of course LEGO could take the advantage to release some more sets from the Original Series. I would apreciate even if only to get the figures.

On something totally unrelated, last night I remembered (and already saw suggested here) that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be awesome. Not going to happen sadly for a few reasons. One of them is no new stuff coming. Never understood why they didn't do a sequel. It was such an awesome movie.

I doubt this will happen, but I can hope can't I? Anyone else want this?

I didn't know where to put the topic, so I put it here. Feel free to move it if it's wrong.

Set ideas?

Cornucopia(CF): Some struts, the Cornucopia, Katniss, Finnick, Peeta?

Cornucopia(HG): Cornucopia, some wolf mutts, Katniss, Peeta, Cato?

How about a theme based on Asterix the Gaul. It would mean alot more Roman figures, Julius Caesar, Gladiators, Gauls, Vikings, Pirates, Atlanians, Egyptians and basically every civilisation that has appeared in the comics could be used. I think this theme could be pretty awesome. :sweet:

Sets could be based around some of the most popular books.

Star Trek has a wealth of ships and iconic places that is as rich as Star Wars.

Couldn't agree more.I'd love to see a Lego Bird of prey or how about a UCS Enterprise? That would be awesome :wub:

Edited by charlieboy

I'm not sure if LEGO would want Star Trek going on at the same time as Star Wars as they're conflicting themes, like how they can't have Kingdoms at the same time as LOTR and POTC at the same time as Pirates.

LEGO HAS (I repeat "HAS") to do a Legend of Korra license. Come on, beeing a fan of ATLA I just watched 2 episodes of LoK and I already see a world of possibilities for LEGO sets. A Pro-Bending Arena would be top, not to mention all the Steampunk styled stuff.

Of course LEGO could take the advantage to release some more sets from the Original Series. I would apreciate even if only to get the figures.

On something totally unrelated, last night I remembered (and already saw suggested here) that League of Extraordinary Gentlemen would be awesome. Not going to happen sadly for a few reasons. One of them is no new stuff coming. Never understood why they didn't do a sequel. It was such an awesome movie.

Don't be so quick on that. Avatar is a pretty popular show, but I doubt they'd make a line of it after the flop that the first round was. I'd love to see a few Korra sets, but with only two seasons planned, it probably isn't happening.

Game of Thrones. I know it would never happen (I've read LEGO's criteria when considering sets from CUUSOO, and they don't like things that have too much gore, sex or drinking, so yeah). It would still be an amazing theme. There are so many characters and interesting locations (King's Landing, Winterfell, Harrenhall, the Eyrie, Vaes Dothrak), they could easily make at least three waves. It is too bad it would never happen, but I would love to have official Lannisters, Starks, Jon Snow, and White Walkers (Others) Minifigs.

Game of Thrones. I know it would never happen (I've read LEGO's criteria when considering sets from CUUSOO, and they don't like things that have too much gore, sex or drinking, so yeah).

Is there more to Game of Thrones other than sex, violence, or drinking? :wink: Just kidding. I'm a huge fan as well, and I would have to get whatever they made for it. (A minifig scale Iron Throne would be awesome!)

My dream lego license was Lord of the rings. I got that so I guess I'll have to think of a new one. I still want to see some more of the Lord of the Rings sets first though.