Dfenz

[MOC] Davenport Hotel

Completed just in time for the Brick Live exhibition in Birmingham was my latest MOC based on Dublin's Davenport Hotel. That particular building was chosen because Scooby Doo needed to check out something more than just the haunting ghouls on the roof and scary lanterns awaiting those who entered, namely the 'illegal' gambling on the first floor between the centre columns. This particular feature is a fully functioning Mindstorms powered 'push-button' operated 'slot machine' that releases gold 2x2 coins out the front right door once the three barrels line up with the same colour. Reloading is through the roof. At the weekend the colour sensors worked very well once the rechargeable battery wasn't depleted.

The photos below show an overview of the model, its rear (pre-swimming pool), roof swimming pool and close-up of the spinning barrels.

Enjoy.

30080350914_e523bd9f13_z.jpgA collection of photos from Bricklive at the NEC 2016. by Dfenz, on Flickr

30077698023_3c21e7749a_z.jpgA collection of photos from Bricklive at the NEC 2016. by Dfenz, on Flickr

30412609050_06027db0a1_z.jpgA collection of photos from Bricklive at the NEC 2016. by Dfenz, on Flickr

30077541273_51a9e259af_z.jpgA collection of photos from Bricklive at the NEC 2016. by Dfenz, on Flickr

30675358146_4461a65cbd_z.jpgA collection of photos from Bricklive at the NEC 2016. by Dfenz, on Flickr

Edited by Dfenz

that looks great, been to Dublin and saw this building so I can say I really like the outside, did not go in but I like your interior a lot as well, great job

Great roof and lovely overall design. Love the lighting and fits in marvelously with an amazing street!

This is magnificent, I really love the roofing, the entrance. It's just a beautiful MOC!

Looks great!  Love the front entrance and the trims above the upper windows.

Great build with a stunning facade. Very true to the original.

I have to admit however, that it kinda hurts a bit to see 1x2 sand green bricks with groove being placed most people won't see them. ;-)

Terrific design!
I especially like the ground floor façade, and the slopes towards the entrance are very well done.
The second picture portrays an absolutely perfect scene.
And that pool is brilliant

Keep clicking those bricks together!