Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

AoM: Gatehouse Phase I

AoM: Defence, gatehouse phase I

Near the border between Mitgardia and Avalonia, a small town surrounded by a wooden wall, with gates at each entrance, a guard watches whoever enters, the Mitgardian banner flowing in the wind.

30083016423_ba3bd86388_z.jpg

A farmer leaves the town to sell his produce.

30717470435_231c492785_z.jpg

A small build I whipped up today after getting back from holiday, after realising the next build for my character story would go well for Gatehouse phase II, just needed a phase I to precede it :grin:

-Thanks for looking!

Wow, very pretty little build, Legofin!  The crosses on the gate look great, as well as the iron supports on the walls, and little trees are an excellent addition! :thumbup:  Your signature black base and Mitgardian banner are great as well, looking forward to phase II! :classic:

Nice gate, Legofin!

I echo what Garmadon said: the gates look great with the hinge design and cross-brace, the little trees are great, and the black display base and Mitgardian banner are nice touches!

Is that SW Rebels Ezra Bridger's torso on the farmer?  It looks great for a farmer with the other parts you used!

Very nice build, looks really pretty on the black base and I agree that the cross-brace on the gate looks excellent! :thumbup:

Very nice little build, Legofin! The baby trees are my favorite part. The stonework on either side of the opening is appropriately weathered and the walls are solid enough to protect a small town. The cart is well-executed and gives a nice rustic flavor to the build. My one criticism is that in your description you mention "The Mitgardian banner flowing in the wind", but your lovely trademark banner is just about the farthest a banner can be from flowing...

I love the combination of the black base and teh irregular coloured base! Awesome combo! the gate itself is also very nice :wink: 

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Wow, very pretty little build, Legofin!  The crosses on the gate look great, as well as the iron supports on the walls, and little trees are an excellent addition! :thumbup:  Your signature black base and Mitgardian banner are great as well, looking forward to phase II! :classic:

Thank you, although phase II will be in different a different style to this one as it'll also be part of my character story, but phase III should be back to the usual AoM style like this one :classic:

13 hours ago, Slegengr said:

Nice gate, Legofin!

I echo what Garmadon said: the gates look great with the hinge design and cross-brace, the little trees are great, and the black display base and Mitgardian banner are nice touches!

Is that SW Rebels Ezra Bridger's torso on the farmer?  It looks great for a farmer with the other parts you used!

Thanks, and yep, I used to have a mostly Star Wars/sci-fi lego collection, and I'm expanding towards castle reusing a few parts along the way :grin:

11 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice build, looks really pretty on the black base and I agree that the cross-brace on the gate looks excellent! :thumbup:

Thank you :sweet:

10 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice little build, Legofin! The baby trees are my favorite part. The stonework on either side of the opening is appropriately weathered and the walls are solid enough to protect a small town. The cart is well-executed and gives a nice rustic flavor to the build. My one criticism is that in your description you mention "The Mitgardian banner flowing in the wind", but your lovely trademark banner is just about the farthest a banner can be from flowing...

Thanks, the cart was a last minute idea, and admittedly yes the banner looks rather solid, but I'd like to imagine in a real world it'd be nice a flowy and not made of plastic :grin:

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

I love the combination of the black base and teh irregular coloured base! Awesome combo! the gate itself is also very nice :wink: 

Thank you, the black base was an idea from my first AoM build, and kinda stuck :sweet:

4 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Thank you, the black base was an idea from my first AoM build, and kinda stuck :sweet:

defenitely keep it! Together with the banner thet make a lovely signature!

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

defenitely keep it! Together with the banner thet make a lovely signature!

Will do, it seems to work well for small to medium builds, although not so sure about large builds, not that I'm on any for now due to lack of bricks, but maybe one day :grin:

18 minutes ago, Legofin2012 said:

Will do, it seems to work well for small to medium builds, although not so sure about large builds, not that I'm on any for now due to lack of bricks, but maybe one day :grin:

looking forward to that one day!

I quite like the wall style here, and your wooden gates also work well in this setting :thumbup: Nice touch with the little pine trees :classic:

22 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

I quite like the wall style here, and your wooden gates also work well in this setting :thumbup: Nice touch with the little pine trees :classic:

Thank you, I think the pine trees go back to when I first started building for GoH :grin:

Another excellent AoM build, Legofin! The ground texturing is superb, and having the stone pillars at the end of the walls was a great idea :thumbup:

The gate design, wagon, and little trees are all nice too :classic:

3 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Another excellent AoM build, Legofin! The ground texturing is superb, and having the stone pillars at the end of the walls was a great idea :thumbup:

The gate design, wagon, and little trees are all nice too :classic:

Thank you, well I imagined this gate would be somewhere along the wall of my Phase II walls, so I wanted to include the stone pillars :classic:

Also Phase III is nearly completion, with only rock work left to do, it's my biggest build yet and so far I'm fairly pleased with it :classic: