2 hours ago, Oliver 79 said:

Absolutely fantastic! It's one the best backhoes I've seen. 

My only criticism, like others have said, is the back hoe could be beefed-up a bit. Other than that, I love it. I could only dream about making such a model, but it's inspired me to try! 

Only if it is yellow and with Volvo 42030 bucket it would be great LEGO set. Otherwise beautiful model

26 minutes ago, proran said:

Wow! This is incredible! The thin cylinders really shine here. I love these loops you've used to route the tubing out of the cylinders at the front bucket. I was looking for an elegant solution for that for a long time and yours is perfect. Legal and compact. And the color-scheme! It shouldn't work, but it does. It is also nice to see a backhoe with the front and rear wheels of the same size for a change. Could you expand on that not-independent double wishbone suspension in the front? I understand that it behaves like a rigid axle, but I would really like to see the details of the implementation. Thanks and congrats on a great model!

Thanks for the comment!

See this pic: the lover arms are simple connected by the black liftarms.

p1490324.jpg

Oh, these liftarms. I should have studied that picture more carefully. Nice solution! Thanks for the reply!

What a fantastic toy :wub:! Chapeau and respect for this one! I´ve never been a big fan of pneumatics, but you´ve reminded me of the great 8862 backhoe which was my really first contact to Lego Technic as a child as far as I can remember... It´s a big loss for the supercar fraction that you engineer have gone entirely into machinery business now (joking :laugh: )...

Stunning model, with lot of functions in a very well designed structure, congrats! I really like the front suspension mechanism.:thumbup: Good luck!

I'm a big fan of your models Lipko, and this one is great! Love the photos too. Good luck in the competition.

Thank you for the comments!

On 2016. 11. 02. at 11:17 AM, Chade said:

I'm a big fan of your models Lipko, and this one is great! Love the photos too. Good luck in the competition.

I'm a big fan of your models too. I wonder when you'll attempt to design bigger scale models.

Amazing creation :wub: I really like your building style.

I would not call the suspension pendular, its more of a independent type.

7 hours ago, Lipko said:

Thank you for the comments!

I'm a big fan of your models too. I wonder when you'll attempt to design bigger scale models.

Probably never. I just don't have the patience and the parts to build big.

is there any chance you will build instructions for this monster of a backhoe...? I know i will build it with much pleasure

24 minutes ago, mzzl88 said:

is there any chance you will build instructions for this monster of a backhoe...? I know i will build it with much pleasure

Maybe I will make photo instructions. But I still haven't finished the instructions for my previous model. Making proper instructions is still over my head.

On 29.10.2016 at 7:24 PM, Lipko said:

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, there's a lot to be desired about the model, I didn't have enough time to polish the model. And yes, the both buckets are off scale. I had the idea of a pneumatic backhoe earlier than the contest, but I gave it up due to the scale issue. I picked it up only because the contest. Anyway, I'm getting to like machinery, maybe my next model will be better.

wow - just wow - this is the real successor of the beloved 8455 TLG pneumatic marvel - superb model in all criterias: look (IMHO it is very well polished), function - Lipko, may i ask you if you are planning BI? probably i would pay and price ;-)

could not imagine that your next model yould even be better

On 2016. 11. 16. at 2:34 PM, Kumbbl said:

wow - just wow - this is the real successor of the beloved 8455 TLG pneumatic marvel - superb model in all criterias: look (IMHO it is very well polished), function - Lipko, may i ask you if you are planning BI? probably i would pay and price ;-)

could not imagine that your next model yould even be better

Thank you for the comment!

It's not likely that I'll make proper instructions, but I will make an LDD version with parts list.

The LDD version is done. The pneumatic parts are replaced with brick-built dummies (all of them are grouped one-by-one). The wheel hubs of set 8070 are not included.

The model has 1593 parts, not counting tubes. For some reason, two pieces of part 32250 (3x5 halfbeam curve) couldn't be placed on the front loader beam (it seems that the collision mesh of the big curved panels are slightly bigger that in reality).

www.brickshelf.com/gallery/szecs/Backhoe/LDD/backhoe_002.lxf

Parts list (not including pneumatic parts and the hub):

www.brickshelf.com/gallery/szecs/Backhoe/LDD/backhoe_002_bom.xlsx

I will fix errors if I find any.

Edited by Lipko

12 hours ago, Lipko said:

The LDD version is done. 

This is a great model, thanks a lot for the LDD, I'm looking forward to put it together once I gather all the parts! 

What about posting it on Rebrickable?

I've taken the opportunity to convert the LDD file to LDraw and to replace all the dummy pneumatic parts with their proper parts.  Looks really nice; this one is on my list to build.  One thing that would be really helpful is some guidelines for routing the pneumatic hoses since they are so extensive.

Thank you, Blakbird!

I will make some photos of the tubing, I'm not sure when I'll have the time though.

Love to see a polished up version off this one, it is way better looking than the iconic 8455 backhoe. Needs other buckets indeed, but it is still stunning.

I submitted the model to IDEAS, please support it if you like it!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/159995

As for polishing: I usually loose inspiration once I call a model finished, so it's not likely I will polish this one any further, especially since the buckets would stay the same. Thanks for the comment anyway!

I did download the LDD and partslist. If I ever can, I think I will try to build this beast. Don't know if i ever can, Lego budget is tight and I have a few projects I hope to build first. But I'll keep on dreaming......

Now that you have released instructions for your telehandler, I am really enjoying the continuity of the "Lipko family".  The backhoe, the telehandler, and the simple supercar all share a color scheme and a design style.  They would look incredible displayed together.  Perhaps I shall make it happen!

On 29 November 2016 at 5:26 PM, Lipko said:

I submitted the model to IDEAS, please support it if you like it!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/159995

As for polishing: I usually loose inspiration once I call a model finished, so it's not likely I will polish this one any further, especially since the buckets would stay the same. Thanks for the comment anyway!

I've just supported this on ideas, it's a great set - I need to get my head round these LDD/Ldraw files etc and build this!

it's a shame technic models don't really seem to get much traction on ideas with all you great techni mocers about - it would be good if the EB technic members could get together and give them some traction - if only to get TLG to up there game!