Bonaparte

Forum Upgrade - One Month Later

4 minutes ago, Bonaparte said:

Please try again now. 

Hey, I'm back!

Cheers very much, Bonaparte!

On 10/28/2016 at 2:36 AM, Jim said:

Hi Jim...Jim here..... :wink: 

Actually there is a way to have "single space lines" between text.

Shift + Enter results in a line break, where plain Enter results in a new paragraph. This is common modern behavior for editors. For example, the basic template of Word also works this way. I admit, it will take a day or two to get used to.

That's huge!
Thank you!

It seems that all of the links in the FAQ come back to the FAQ page and not to the correct topics.  Is this Google Chrome specific?

I noticed this in other topic links that seem to be working now, so I know there is work being done.  If this is already being worked on, great!

1 hour ago, Slegengr said:

It seems that all of the links in the FAQ come back to the FAQ page and not to the correct topics.  Is this Google Chrome specific?

I noticed this in other topic links that seem to be working now, so I know there is work being done.  If this is already being worked on, great!

Fixing the FAQ was still on our To Do list, so I took care of that right now. Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I cannot see the Embassy Forum until I have signed in

Is that normal?

I think that's normal since the info in the embassy is for members only.

13 minutes ago, Bonaparte said:

Fixing the FAQ was still on our To Do list, so I took care of that right now. Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

Thanks for the fix!

4 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

I think that's normal since the info in the embassy is for members only.

Oh... I understand

Well in that case, I'd suggest to move the LEGO Ideas discussion to another forum. I don't see any particular reason why the discussion of the LEGO Ideas theme should be for members only. :classic:

Maybe LEGO Ideas could have its own forum? And all the topics about it could go there. I mean the main "LEGO Ideas discussion" thread, the individual discussion threads for the approved sets, the Ideas sets reviews, polls, etc. 

Just a thought :classic:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Oh... I understand

Well in that case, I'd suggest to move the LEGO Ideas discussion to another forum. I don't see any particular reason why the discussion of the LEGO Ideas theme should be for members only. :classic:

Maybe LEGO Ideas could have its own forum? And all the topics about it could go there. I mean the main "LEGO Ideas discussion" thread, the individual discussion threads for the approved sets, the Ideas sets reviews, polls, etc. 

Just a thought :classic:

Maybe the Special themes...and everything else forum.

Starting yesterday when I click to go to a forum page the text is OK and clear to BUT if I click to view a page further back in the tread all the text goes faint with faint images and photos !

If close forum and re-open then 1st page I view is clear text with good contrast But same happens if try to view a previous page i.e. faint text with all images cloudy.

Edited by Doug72

3 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

faint text with all images cloudy

I do not know why this is happening, but I have found that refreshing the page after moving to a previous page reloads the page you are trying to view with visible text and images.
Hopefully there will be an actual fix to this?

7 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

It seems that I can no longer see mod-given member titles without going to the members profile. Just wanted to bring that up just in case it wasn't realized.

I do see some, but not all.  Unless those people just don't have one...

I think we (humans) are pretty forgetful. Other than the hurtful loss of BB code, this new layout is pretty as good as it get. I am used to this new format and there are lots of new features which is very useful and interesting to make interaction much easier. 

A sincere wonderful thank you to the core EB Admin Team (Boney, Hinck, Shadows, Jim, Rick, Sieggy and Ace) who have tirelessly working all round for the past month to make this upgrade as seamless as possible for all us to experience. I really enjoy the new site and layout. More importantly, the site is much stable now and I am sure they are continuing making sure this place will be as fun as ever as before! 

Thank you very much, guys for the awesome efforts that you have put in! :wub: 

FYI. subforums having unread messages got their icon showing pale yellow again.

Hi. I have only been a member for short time but finde this side realy good and intertaining.

Only thing i miss from the old layout is when i'm in a topic there was a button to go to first unread post, that was usefull when it is a long post.

My thoughts as a EB member:

:classic: The new forum seems more responsive.  The old forum required clicking links twice because single click supposedly brought up a preview, but that behavior didn't actually work on my mobile browser.

:wacko: I also have the "awaiting validation" problem (as Withacee reported earlier).  My old member ID is dream-in-bricks .  I want to be able to log in to the old member ID to tweak the user name.  Would you put dream-in-bricks on the list to fix (low pri)?

:sceptic: Finally, I am looking forward to seeing updated information in the help index... Flickr embedding seems to work differently in the new EB, and attachment limits could use more explanation

dream-in-bricks_This_member_is_not_awaiting_validation.png

Edited by dream_in_bricks

5 hours ago, dream_in_bricks said:

:wacko: I also have the "awaiting validation" problem (as Withacee reported earlier).  My old member ID is dream-in-bricks .  I want to be able to log in to the old member ID to tweak the user name.  Would you put dream-in-bricks on the list to fix (low pri)?

I have no idea what was causing your problem, but I have approved your account and you should be able to log in. I am going to merge your two accounts, so please let me know which of your two account names (and associated login info) you'd like to retain.

8 hours ago, Rick said:

I have no idea what was causing your problem, but I have approved your account and you should be able to log in. I am going to merge your two accounts, so please let me know which of your two account names (and associated login info) you'd like to retain.

I would like to retain dream-in-bricks , the old one. Thanks for the help, that account works again.

2 hours ago, dream-in-bricks said:

I would like to retain dream-in-bricks , the old one. Thanks for the help, that account works again.

Accounts merged.

I like the new look, and really appreciate all the work that goes into this site behind the scenes!

I have run into an issue a few times when trying to add images to a new topic:  I'll click the 'insert image from URL' button and paste the URL from flickr, but when I click the 'insert into post' button nothing happens.  I've gotten around it by either posting and then editing to add the pictures, or canceling the post and trying again.  I'm using the Chrome browser if that makes any difference.

1 hour ago, LucasLaughing said:

I like the new look, and really appreciate all the work that goes into this site behind the scenes!

I have run into an issue a few times when trying to add images to a new topic:  I'll click the 'insert image from URL' button and paste the URL from flickr, but when I click the 'insert into post' button nothing happens.  I've gotten around it by either posting and then editing to add the pictures, or canceling the post and trying again.  I'm using the Chrome browser if that makes any difference.

That's the same issue I've been having since the upgrade: same browser, exact circumstances, and similar work-around.

Anybody else having this issue or know of a permanent fix?

1 hour ago, LucasLaughing said:

15 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

That's the same issue I've been having since the upgrade: same browser, exact circumstances, and similar work-around.

Anybody else having this issue or know of a permanent fix?

I just did a test posting using following URL to a Flickr image in this topic and I get the same issue.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3870/14671735395_ca6877d066_z.jpg

Unless someone turns up with a solution I will make a ticket with Invision tomorrow to flag this issue and request for a solution.

EDIT:

Funny, I try it again now and it works :wacko:

14671735395_ca6877d066_z.jpg