My first NXT creation! A Lego Mindstorms NXT pinball machine featuring 3 interactive servo motors, 2 touch sensors, and a light sensor! Flippers are activated via Touch Sensors on either side of the machine. Features auxiliary high-speed spinner. Makes for hours of fun and awesome gameplay! Programmed in NXT-G.

How was the video style? Was it engaging? Did you enjoy the video?

I am also extremely busy with virtually no time whatsoever to build, so unless I am extremely motivated, I won't be able to build anymore for a little while. I am open to suggestions of future builds, though!

Great idea and implementation! Watched the video with much interest. Fascinating to see how it works ..

Great idea - now you just need to add some interesting things to aim at. Drop targets, ramps and so on. Is there any way you could rig up switches or touch sensors so that stuff happens when you hit them with the ball?

What does the light sensor do?

On 10/26/2016 at 3:45 PM, Josephiah said:

Great idea - now you just need to add some interesting things to aim at. Drop targets, ramps and so on. Is there any way you could rig up switches or touch sensors so that stuff happens when you hit them with the ball?

What does the light sensor do?

Hey Josephiah,

Thanks for the compliment! I could definitely implement switches and touch sensors on the board, but I had already used both Touch Sensors to activate the flippers. I'll keep that in mind though!

I was originally going to program a point system, but the light sensor doesn't work as well as the color sensor and was difficult to detect any changes in value. So now it's just a lighting effect.