Sign in to follow this  
9 fingers

MOC concept SUV with concept catamaran

Hello to all LEGO fans.

This time I present with great pride this slighgtly biger creation.

Concept SUV, Concept catamaran and boat trailer.

20161023_114059.jpg

The whole thing I built exactly 10 months. I know, I'm not the fastest.

On the end I am wery happy with the result.For already in the start, I set myself the objective to build it so, that must be all functioning as the real thing and not like a static model.

Jupiiiii. I made it.

Some pictures of the hole thing.

20161023_114117.jpg

20161023_114151.jpg

The whole thing is 135 centimeters long and weigt 6.1 kilograms.

Pictures of the SUV

20161023_121838.jpg

20161023_121935.jpg

20161023_122039.jpg

20161023_122049.jpg

20160326_104556.jpg

The characteristics of the car are:

Dimensions: LxWxH = 48 x 23 x 17 centimeters

weight is 2.8 kilograms

Powered by 4 PF L motors connected together in a four-wheel-drive

1 PF M motor for steering

The ride height is over 1 PF M motor

2 speed gearbox is over 1 PF M motor and because I wanted to have only 2 PF IR receivers  and thus were available only 4 Functions I made a special mechanism over this output for locking an unlocking front and rear differential. Yes very complicated mechanism, but it works. Maybe I'll present it in what specific topic.

As already mentioned 2 PF IR receiver

1 big PF battery box

And some other features such as, for example, door opening, adjustable sunshades above the windscreen, independent suspension, soft suspension when the car is in a higher position and hard when in the low position. Functional steering wheel and lots of minor fuctions.

And some pictures and words of the boat trailer.

Snapshot%20-%201.png

Dimensions: LxWxH = 87 x 23 x 12 centimeters

weight is 1.1 kilograms

And does not contain any PF components. I wanted to motorize a little, but it was already too kitschy. Hehehehe

It has a kind of fold axis or bether to say a buggy suspension to facilitate the running and manually adjustable front parking leg.

And the last thing. The catamaran.

20161023_121223.jpg

20161023_121255.jpg

20161023_121326.jpg

20161023_121402.jpg

Yeah, what I should mention. This one thing was one nightmare for me. And also give me maximum joy and challenge.

Yes there was a lot of testing in their own building. Because everything had to be really precise in balance, each gram of the position on the ship influence to on his right position in the water.

In fact, I can almost say that I assembled in the bath. And yes I made it that the ship is completely perfectly balanced. Oh yes, i am sooooo happy with the result.

Dimensions: LxWxH = 75 x 26 x 14 centimeters

Weight is 2.2 kilograms

Driven by 2 RC Buggy motors, each with their own propeller

Steering is over 1 PF M motor. The servo output via RC Buggy unit was catastrophic, because I wanted to make a more precise behavior and turning the ship.

20160922_110149.jpg

20160922_110220.jpg

Basis boat are 2 LEGO boats linked together in catamaran.

That would be all for now.

And the video.

Thans for watching this contribution, and i hope you enjoyed it.

Best regards, Valter

I like the boat a lot. At first it didn't look like it floating. Good find connecting both boat hools together, they are spotless in the final build.

The overal build is great as well.

We do not see enough boats here. It's a great design.

The SUV is pretty cool as well, and the red and white looks great.

I love the cataraman. It looks great with red and white reminds me of the speed racer car. I like the rims you did on the suv

Edited by Kmuffin

Very nice moc.  For some reason, I thought the white section near the rear of the suv was going to lift up.  Sort of like a convertible car would.

Wow, this is a lot of MOC at once! I especially love the boat - it even looks like SPEED, and the description of the challenges, :thumbup:

Edited by agrof

Kudos on the whole build..... not to take anything away from the SUV (looks great IMO) but the catamaran is just fantastic.  In a hobby that is ever-increasing in popularity, it is hard to make "firsts" - I am not sure I have seen a Technic catamaran before..... so "first!"  Also, the design of placing the Lego hulls under the technic body is stupendous.  As a design, I am not sure I have seen this before either......

The boat is a great novelty! And I like the looks of the concept car even more, especially how the red and white parts seem to be separate components in a perfect marriage. Well done!

Thanx for the coments folks. All of them.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Didumos69 said:

The boat is a great novelty! And I like the looks of the concept car even more, especially how the red and white parts seem to be separate components in a perfect marriage. Well done!

It was a marriage, bit It Will ne deworse too. 

Thanx

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

The catamaran is incredible! It looks amazing, and it actually floats, AND it is RC! *huh*  That is just awesome. Totally worth the amount of time spent on it.

Time was there. So there was no problem. Beter slow work als rusch work.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 10:56 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Kudos on the whole build..... not to take anything away from the SUV (looks great IMO) but the catamaran is just fantastic.  In a hobby that is ever-increasing in popularity, it is hard to make "firsts" - I am not sure I have seen a Technic catamaran before..... so "first!"  Also, the design of placing the Lego hulls under the technic body is stupendous.  As a design, I am not sure I have seen this before either......

I was looking for any tipe of technic boats. Realy hard to find. This was for me chalenging.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 9:10 PM, agrof said:

Wow, this is a lot of MOC at once! I especially love the boat - it even looks like SPEED, and the description of the challenges, :thumbup:

Challenges. Yes to much of this. 

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Thirdwigg said:

We do not see enough boats here. It's a great design.

The SUV is pretty cool as well, and the red and white looks great.

True. Realy not enough boats. 

Hello to all.

I was just wondering how many bricks have been in these models.

and I've just counted.

4586 LEGO bricks.

20170108_100030.jpg

that's all folks.

Best regards, Valter

Edited by 9 fingers