Sign in to follow this  
Charbel

Shifting System With No Rubber Band

30243775200_90b44d3792_b.jpg

I just found a way to do a shifting system witch doesn't use any rubber band. 

Basically , it's the same system as my Porsche 919 but I replace the bands by these connectors. Some people don't like having bands inside a car (including me ), so this allow even more possibilities.  

The system is really reliable and works really smoothly. 

Instructions : https://goo.gl/photos/HjHqpVXdE951Qm1o8

Edited by Charbel

Cool! It appears that the a full shift is only completed when you return the shift lever. Does it return by itself or do you actually need to mobe the lever back manually?

That seems to work really well. Have you tried this actually hooked up to anything to see if that extra resistance causes any issues? The reason why I ask is that I notice that it got hung up for a bit in that 2nd video.

Edited by Meatman

Nice job..!

I've been trying to get a perfect working sequential shifting mechanism for about 2 years now.. And while I am not big fan of the bands, I just couldn't find a solution that gave a nice forceful snap back of the shifter like the silicon bands did..

shift.gif.gif

Oh.. I already saw it on your channel..

And this inspires me a small idea for my own renovation...

Thanks a lot^^

13 hours ago, Meatman said:

Have you tried this actually hooked up to anything to see if that extra resistance causes any issues? The reason why I ask is that I notice that it got hung up for a bit in that 2nd video.

I attached it to the gearboxes I have designed and it works perfectly.  The lever use to hung up if you move it slowly.

12 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

I've been trying to get a perfect working sequential shifting mechanism for about 2 years now.. And while I am not big fan of the bands, I just couldn't find a solution that gave a nice forceful snap back of the shifter like the silicon bands did..

Yes, bands would still make better mechanism. Do you have some pictures of the shifting system you have used ? It would be interesting since it seems to be working really well. 

I see what your doing and the Rubber bands would be the better choice when it comes to space. I'm Not convince if the Rubber cushions functions better then the Rubber bands. The device depends on compresses so with that, how well does the rubber cushion is able to hold the axle in place.