Hello fellow EB members;

After obtaining the 'Fun in the park' set this year I was inspired to create something similar to home and made Gander Park.

The curved path and 'Goose boat' were the feature I wanted to include the most. Originally it was supposed to be a swan boat but I struggled to make a elegant neck so tapered my ambitions and tried to make a duck boat but failed that as well. So a sturdy Goose it is!

No kids at this part of the park as I'll hopefully get round to that at a later date.

Only a couple of pics shown below;

30209039330_31ba2cd5e3_c.jpg

29875361213_098f0471dd_c.jpg

If you want to view them on flickr the link is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Comments on this MOC and suggestions for what you think would be in another area of the park such as swings etc are most welcome!

Cheers!

Love this!!!

Great Work!!!

- maybe 1 Basketball Board

love to see what you make next

Greetings

That looks great!! I really like the look of that paving on the path!! The boat looks great too!!

Nice work!!

On 23/10/2016 at 2:12 PM, carebear said:

Love this!!!

Great Work!!!

- maybe 1 Basketball Board

love to see what you make next

Greetings

thanks carebear, basketball court might be fun!

On 23/10/2016 at 3:26 PM, peedeejay said:

Lovely build!

Is the curved wall bent or hinge'd?

Hi peedeejay, the wall is on hinges, I did try a curved wall but couldn't get a tight enough curve for the size baseplate it's built upon. The path hides the hinges :classic:

On 23/10/2016 at 6:29 PM, LegoSjaak said:

Could we see a close-up of the tiling....that is lookig great too!

Hi LegoSjaak, I'm sorry I don't have a a better picture of the tiling, essentially its just a channel where a variety of slopes, a small bricks are layed down on their side and I used some cheese slopes to fill the smaller gaps.

On 23/10/2016 at 6:37 PM, brickbuilder711 said:

NICE! Love it!

Cheers brickbuilder711!

On 23/10/2016 at 8:26 PM, greg3 said:

That looks great!! I really like the look of that paving on the path!! The boat looks great too!!

Nice work!!

Thank you greg3!

Great MOC, snaillad!

The lack of studs except where intended makes this MOC particularly spectacular!  The path technique is nice, especially with the path curving as you have made it. The Goose boat looks great with all the curves, the raised seat edge and back, and the curves.  It has a nice cartoon-like appearance as could really be used for boats in a park like this.  The foliage is simple but effective.

Lovely build and great presentation!

On 26/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, Slegengr said:

Great MOC, snaillad!

The lack of studs except where intended makes this MOC particularly spectacular!  The path technique is nice, especially with the path curving as you have made it. The Goose boat looks great with all the curves, the raised seat edge and back, and the curves.  It has a nice cartoon-like appearance as could really be used for boats in a park like this.  The foliage is simple but effective.

Lovely build and great presentation!

On 27/10/2016 at 3:33 PM, AnkTales said:

fabulous floor!!

On 28/10/2016 at 0:19 AM, Graham Gidman said:

That cobblestone is lovely.

Thank you Slegengr, AnkTales and Graham Gidman!

The sideways bricks within the path is not my technique as I've seen similar used by some awesome castle builders but the curving path was something I'd not seen and wanted to give a go. Unfortunately its not quite a curvy as I'd like as all the pressure of the pieces in the paving is 'straightening' out some of the hinges holding all the pieces in. It's always good to try something new I suppose! :laugh:

On 28/10/2016 at 10:51 AM, Svendp said:

Very nice. I love the Swan boat :)

Cheers Svendp, glad you like it!