Hello to you all.

My question is to you who bought either the Claas Xerion or the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

Have you noticed any difference between the new wheel hub holder (Porsche) and the old one (appearing in 42000, 42039)?

I remember the old one was featuring a lot of slack, yet I was hoping that TLG would solve that problem with the release of the new one.

I haven't bought neither set and I'm planning to buy the Porsche for Christmas.

I honestly did not think that the "old" one had that much slack. Also the last time I was on this forum, the 42000 hubs were basically new

Edited by Technyk32231

I think this also depends in the pieces you use, i have found that if you connect pieces of different times (specially when there is a lot of time between them) sometimes the connection can be very sturdy and with a moderated friction, and other times the connection can be very slack with no friction at all, and in my opinion the new hubs could give a little bit of help in this problem, because you can put different connections instead of the old one which needed to be connected by ball joints to steer, for me this new hub is more "versatile" than the old one, and you can solve the problem of "too much friction" or "too much slack" by changing the connection pieces in the hub, but this is only my personal opinion and i also dont own any of the hubs (neither old or new one), so i think that more people that have these hubs should share their experiences or thoughts about this new piece to give you the best information.

I also think the new hubs are more versatile, but when it comes to slack in the hub itself, I did not experience any difference between the two versions.

The slack in the LEGO wheel hubs has been reported by many already. You could always consider replacing them with nicjasno's modified turn table wheel hubs, which have considerably less slack.

http://www.lpepower.com/products/small-turntable-wheel-hub

Edited by Didumos69

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I also think the new hubs are more versatile, but when it comes to slack in the hub itself, I did not experience any difference between the two versions.

The slack in the LEGO wheel hubs has been reported by many already. You could always consider replacing them with nicjasno's modified turn table wheel hubs, which have considerably less slack.

http://www.lpepower.com/products/small-turntable-wheel-hub

I already own 4 of Nicjasno's turntable wheel hubs, and I'm planning to modify the Porsches' front suspension with them. The plan is to make a real McPherson strut suspension.

I have a very nice solution for it as of now.

2 hours ago, MSc Shobaki said:

I already own 4 of Nicjasno's turntable wheel hubs, and I'm planning to modify the Porsches' front suspension with them. The plan is to make a real McPherson strut suspension.

I have a very nice solution for it as of now.

Cool! But you're not telling us that we're gonna have to wait until after Christmas :wink:.

It will be hard to do without changing the bodywork...

7 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Cool! But you're not telling us that we're gonna have to wait until after Christmas :wink:.

It will be hard to do without changing the bodywork...

Hahaha initially I started to build the front suspension after the Porsche instructions (downloaded from Lego). I thought it was not realistic as the real 911 features. So I looked in the MOD thread to see if anyone had made a McPherson suspension for it. Well sure, both MaxSupercars and Tommy had built some using LDD, yet the real one ended being very unstable. So I studied the images and built own and the end result: Fenomenal!

All the parts in my solution are stiffly braced with each other, no weak points what so ever. The only weak part is within the shock absorbers themselves (rod inside the housing. What I'm trying to implement now is Ackermann steering, which should not be difficult.

I'll give you a little clue of an added/changed part (riddle): Red shock absorber.

I had made a macpherson strut a while ago that used a 135 degree angled coupler (idk what else to call it, but an axle goes in each side and then there's a hole in the middle), then put an axle in the top with a spring on it. A sliding axle is much stronger than the lego shock absorber rod