1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Box on wheels. You have lost proportions, take whole cab apart and start again.

@M_longer

"Box on wheels"

I read a few of your comments that you wrote in other Topics. I think that you realy can "hurt" other People with your comments who are working on their Projects for e.g a half year. Im just trying to say that u should be maybe a bit friendlier... :wink:

18 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

@M_longer

"Box on wheels"

I read a few of your comments that you wrote in other Topics. I think that you realy can "hurt" other People with your comments who are working on their Projects for e.g a half year. Im just trying to say that u should be maybe a bit friendlier... :wink:

Hurt? By saying that model should be rebuild to look better? Oh come on :)

I am a scale modeler and I am always looking for proportions. Using pictures for reference is good, using blueprints is better. Using both allows to keep dimensions and details of the original machine. But sometimes (like in your case, no offence) it is much easier to build something from scratch, than trying to improve what has been already built.

I am aware that here on Eurobricks people got used to see only flattering comments (even when it is obvious that model is bad). And when someone (like me, get used to it, because instead of saying that I like something, I get straight to the things that I do not like) tries to explain that their model is not as good as they think, they are astonished by that type of comment. And keep in mind that I am not saying only something like "Ooo, your model is rubbish", but trying to point out what could be improved, and many times how you could build something in a better way.

Also, as a member of this community I am just sharing my opinion about a model with you, and praise is not obligatory.

Edited by M_longer

Just now, M_longer said:

Hurt? By saying that model should be rebuild to look better? Oh come on :)

I am a scale modeler and I am always looking for proportions. Using pictures for reference is good, using blueprints is better. Using both allows to keep dimensions and details of the original machine. But sometimes (like in your case, no offence) it is much easier to build something from scratch, than trying to improve what has been already built.

I am aware that here on Eurobricks people got used to see only flattering comments (even when it is obvious that model is bad). And when someone (like me, get used to it, because instead of saying that I like something, I get straight to the things that I do not like) tries to explain that their model is not as good as they think. And keep in mind that I am not saying only something like "Ooo, your model is rubbish", but trying to point out what could be improved, and many times how you colud build something in a better way.

Don´t get me wrong. I realy like that u comment what u think. Just try to say it a bit nicer :D

Like: I think u lost a lot of Details. It is very angular. It would be the best to rebuilt it.

Instead of: Box on Wheels

You know what I mean? :tongue:

20 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

Don´t get me wrong. I realy like that u comment what u think. Just try to say it a bit nicer :D

Like: I think u lost a lot of Details. It is very angular. It would be the best to rebuilt it.

Instead of: Box on Wheels

You know what I mean? :tongue:

Now you are trying to change an attitude that I got used to maaany years ago. And It could be problematic to change, because I tell what I think without mincing words ;)

Ok, so I think that your model looks like box on wheels, because in real truck cab is not welded to bumper, but there's some distance between those two parts. Now look at the picture I have posted above, imagine that your model's cab is made from three "shapes": bumper, grille, and windshield with roof. Now compare their dimenions to your model, and try to find proportions between those three things.

Better?

I noticed the same, @M_longer... I agree with you that not everything has to be praised and HOF'ed, but you're particularly hard to please :wink:. That's fine, but when you say

11 hours ago, M_longer said:

Box on wheels.

You have lost proportions, take whole cab apart and start again.

you sound like a grumpy art teacher that will never be pleased with his student's work because he isn't Rembrandt or Van Gogh.

Instead, if you say:

8 hours ago, M_longer said:

Ok, so I think that your model looks like box on wheels, because in real truck cab is not welded to bumper, but there's some distance between those two parts. Now look at the picture I have posted above, imagine that your model's cab is made from three "shapes": bumper, grille, and windshield with roof. Now compare their dimenions to your model, and try to find proportions between those three things.

you are giving constructive feedback to someone who's obviously not as good as you are, but still trying hard. And constructive feedback is something that's helpful, because now @KikoTube has something to work with. Being grumpy isn't helpful.

Anyway, just my opinion, ignore as you see fit :classic: Let's get back to the Trakker.

I think you guys are forgetting about language barriers. Often when a non-native English speaker someone critiques someone else's work it comes off as harsh because the speaker's English skills haven't yet developed to the point of being able to fully use the language.

It's very rare that a user is gonna go "NAH IT SUCKS" with the intention of being rude/harsh, and I really don't think @M_longer is the kind of person to do that.

Edited by Bartybum

12 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I think you guys are forgetting about language barriers. Often when a non-native English speaker someone critiques someone else's work it comes off as harsh because the speaker's English skills haven't yet developed to the point of being able to fully use the language.

It's very rare that a user is gonna go "NAH IT SUCKS" with the intention of being rude/harsh, and I really don't think @M_longer is the kind of person to do that.

I think this topic got used for too much off-topic so please let´s not talk about this anymore

Because i realized that the cab is not nice, i wanted to build it with classic bricks. But i dont have enough classic bricks for this big truck so ill build it in a smaller scale (1:12-1:14)

Started with the front bumper because this failed last time:

First time i build something Model Team like 

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

8 hours ago, Imanol BB said:

That bumper looks very realistic, you are making an excellent work on it.

Thanks!

I made some progress today. I think it looks much better than the last cab.

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

It looks very neat, the construction design is very similar to the official Lego sets, it reminds me to the VW's and the Mini Cooper, very promising.

Looks very promising, however, I must say that the LBG is bland. What wheels will you use?

1 hour ago, Beck said:

I must say that the LBG is bland. What wheels will you use?

Thanks. What do you mean with "LBG is bland"?

I will use the 62.4 Tires

Looks like a promising restart. You have a lot of detail here. Concerning the statement "LBG is bland," all the photos of the real truck posted here are painted in some form of black/green/brown camouflage. Since you are making it gray, it may appear dull to some. I think it makes sense, I have little green and brown. :laugh:

Thanks Guys!

I wont use Brown or green parts. I think Camouflage in Lego is so ugly... But there actually exist Military vehicles in light bluish gray.

The newest update:

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

It's looks way better than your first designs and you must take the grumpy comments that M longer gave you at positive advice to make you better.:wink::thumbup: 

16 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

It's looks way better than your first designs and you must take the grumpy comments that M longer gave you at positive advice to make you better.:wink::thumbup: 

I agree with edwin . M longer was right and made your creation much better. Looking foward to see the finished model

I really like the look of the cab. You captured the front grill perfectly. I look forward to seeing the complete model!

Cheers,

Let's Build

(I like the light and dark bley)

Much better. But there are still few things that could be improved :)

Another round with this picture:

iveco_trakker_8x8_l4.jpg

Are you going to make those corner panels on the cab? They are one of the most characteristic parts of this truck. Also, I appreciate that doors open, but that gap could be removed, by using 1x4 hinge plates (but it needs more space inside then):

02.jpg

09.jpg

And the doors could have more irregular shape (like the real one). There's also a "step" right under the windshield(s), which is not present in your model. The corners of the roof could be finished with these pieces:

3045.gif

You could also rebuild the sun visor in the way I did in the TGS.

Am I supportive enough this time? :P

Edited by M_longer