Thank you for all your helpful and creative comments @Beck :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Beck said:

I'd vote for pneumatic side loader. I don't think the Trakker has portal axles. Your rear axles look very weak at this scale. The rear leaf springs need to be moved further apart. The structure that holds the 6l link is too weak.

It hurts to say but the structur that holds the links is sadly to weak as u mentioned. I will work on it to today. I have already an idea :wink::thumbup: 

6 hours ago, Beck said:

I'd vote for pneumatic side loader. 

That's a cool idea. I have 4 big V1 pneumatics zylinder and 1 little. I think this could work.

6 hours ago, Beck said:

I don't think the Trakker has portal axles. 

It has leafspringsuspended pendular axles in real life. ( just at the back )

It is written on Iveco's Webpage.

I present you the finished Chassis with the improved back axles: (click for full size)

8x8%20Chassis.jpgDSC00874.JPGBack%20Axles%201.jpgDSC00860.JPGDSC00866.JPGDSC00869.JPG

And i did some Progress at the cab:

DSC00879.JPG

Tell me what you think!

Edited by KikoTube

1 hour ago, letsbuild said:

The grill looks very recognisable. Good job!

Thank you!

I decided to build this: But not as planned with Pneumatics. I will use LAs.

Why: Because both arms need to be moving perfectly synchronous.

hammar8_1.JPG

Some more Progress on the cab:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

(Dark Grey Parts and doors will be changed)

It´s done! The solution for breaking universal Joints = Motors directly at the axles.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Offroading works really well with this Setup.

Ill upload a Video tomorrow

Edited by KikoTube

I found out that the newer uv joints broke under high stress, however the old ones did not- they're basically 1/2 stud longer on each end. You might want an A arm attached to the top of your from tackles since the class motor is far away from the axle. Is the steering provided by linkage or rack and pinion? How's the chassis bending/rigidity(rotational and horizontal flexing)? I really think you can make the drive be provided by a shaft, however I can understand if you don't. Very nice progress!!

6 minutes ago, Beck said:

I found out that the newer uv joints broke under high stress, however the old ones did not- they're basically 1/2 stud longer on each end. You might want an A arm attached to the top of your from tackles since the class motor is far away from the axle. Is the steering provided by linkage or rack and pinion? How's the chassis bending/rigidity(rotational and horizontal flexing)? I really think you can make the drive be provided by a shaft, however I can understand if you don't. Very nice progress!!

It steers with a rack and pinion. The frame is not bending but it has some rotational flexing. But thats actually not bad. 

A am at the front axles or at the back?

The chassis works great! Almost like the real thing. Wonder why it took so long. I have one thing to say the thing is this might like better without those cap so It will have a more truck like look. The front looks very neat hope your adding LED's and it will looks sick.

Edited by Kmuffin

It is looking very good, i actually like that you have put the motors directly into the axles, almost 0 power lost there, and judging from the video it is working really good, the doors are looking very nice, and i think it should be easier to make the 'decorative' parts like the cab, doors, etc than first designing them in LDD (in my experience, doinf them first in digital is a pain), this is looking very promising and i hope too see more updates soon, nice work.

On my german forum people told me that the door is too narrow. I checked the blueprints and realized that they were right. So i made the doors 2 studs wider and added Led's. Sadly these are all Led's i have.

IMG_0313.JPG

I also made some custom stickers.

IMG_0314.JPG

I almost finished the Cab. I still have to make the top and the interior

It is more than 80cm Long and has already a weight of 3,5 kg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Suggestions and Critic are welcome ! :wink:

It loos very promising, I love the headlights! My only concern, that the cab is too long - overlap to front is too big. It would be pity if this great project wouldn't have the right proportions. :wink: :thumbup:

edit:

195437-FarmingSimulator2015Game-2016-05-

Edited by agrof

7 hours ago, agrof said:

It loos very promising, I love the headlights! My only concern, that the cab is too long - overlap to front is too big. It would be pity if this great project wouldn't have the right proportions. :wink: :thumbup:

edit:

195437-FarmingSimulator2015Game-2016-05-

Yea, ur right. I will improve it

Iveco%20Side.PNG

Here´s a Picture of a modelled Iveco Trakker

It ´s been a while since i last made a update... I had not the time to build

Many Things have been changed. Thanks to @agrof  and his comment i made the front of the cab new. But i had to make some compromisses to make the overhang shorter. The headlights are without the grid but with leds at top and bottom. I alsomade the bumper more sturdy

Tell me what you think! (battery box is just for the photo)

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Looks like box on wheels. And truck from this picture, that you have provided earlier, has much more details:

hammar8_1.JPG

Everything should be rebuilt, because your model does not match shape of real truck. The bumper for example is missing cutout with step right above the license plate. Mudguards should be at least 2 studs wider per side than the cab. And more massive.

Edited by M_longer

2 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Looks like box on wheels

*huh* Ok... :grin:

I know what you mean though... the cutout on the bumper would be no Problem to build. Ill improve it. The mudguards can also be improved. Ill work on it @M_longer

8 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

*huh* Ok... :grin:

I know what you mean though... the cutout on the bumper would be no Problem to build. Ill improve it. The mudguards can also be improved. Ill work on it @M_longer

Are you comparing your building progress with blueprints?

Edited by M_longer

6 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

There are no blueprints for this truck sadly. But i found a 3d model of it with 360° look. @M_longer

You could se standard blueprints, becuase dimensions of the cab do not change in military version.

Thats good to know. Thank you @M_longer

Meanwhile i found some blueprints of the normal Version

But the Military Version is a bit longer at the back i believe

esat2014_63.jpg

Edited by KikoTube

24 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

Thats good to know. Thank you @M_longer

Meanwhile i found some blueprints of the normal Version

But the Military Version is a bit longer at the back i believe

Yes, but overal shape and dimensions are similiar. Anyway, it is better to have that blueprint than nothing.