Hello Community :classic:

Today i started a BIG Project.

2015-11-09-Iveco+Defence.jpg

I´ll try to build it as near as possible to the original.

Thanks to IVECO they show the details of this truck on their Webpage. (I found it only in german)

Functions planned:

1. AWD
  2. Pendular Suspension
  • It has leafsprings in real life. I know leafsprings are possible. But not in my scale i believe... But i´ll try :wink:
  • When i can´t reaplicate them i will use springs instead
     3. Because my last big project failed because of the weight (and broken universal Joints :grin:) i will build in only 1 BB, 2XL, 1 Servo

Tires:

lego-black-tire-94-3-x-38-r-92912-30-866

I think these tires look great and fit the tireprofile realy well.

Wheelhubs:

I made some heavyduty Wheelhubs for my truck.

Wheel%20Hubs.png

LXF

Updates coming soon.

Improvements, Suggestions and Critic are welcome! :tongue:

Edited by KikoTube

I don't like huge builds, but - good luck!

I hope i can change that! :blush::tongue:

Edited by KikoTube

This truck is looking very nice, is huge but the axles seem to be enough strong at least for moderated off-roading, so far it is looking very cool, nice work.

I remember sheepo built the chassis of an 8x4 Arcos truck with leaf springs at this scale- look it up. I think you can do better than pendular suspension at this scale. Remember axle 1 and 2 have different steering angles. 

6 hours ago, Beck said:

I remember sheepo built the chassis of an 8x4 Arcos truck with leaf springs at this scale- look it up. I think you can do better than pendular suspension at this scale. Remember axle 1 and 2 have different steering angles. 

I looked at sheepos chassis-what a masterpiece... 

I see what i can do with sheepos suspension type

Thank you for the Input :blush:

I build sheepos suspension in my scale onto my axles. This works really good.

Only one problem

I dont have steering so far 

Edited by KikoTube

On 10/22/2016 at 0:39 PM, KikoTube said:

Wheelhubs:

I made some heavyduty Wheelhubs for my truck.

Wheel%20Hubs.png

Although these wheel hubs look strong and we see similar ones around a lot, I doubt whether they are really that strong. The weak part is that the triangular levers bracing the gears are only attached to two horizontally aligned axles. Bumps and weight of the vehicle will induce vertical powers and introduce slack in these parts regardless of the axles being with end-stop or not. The only reason that we see vehicles with this type of wheel hubs standing on zero camber wheels is because of the flat tyres.

With the big rims that you're using it should be possible to make something more sturdy.

Edited by Didumos69

On ‎23‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 6:56 PM, Didumos69 said:

Although these wheel hubs look strong and we see similar ones around a lot, I doubt whether they are really that strong. The weak part is that the triangular levers bracing the gears are only attached to two horizontally aligned axles. Bumps and weight of the vehicle will induce vertical powers and introduce slack in these parts regardless of the axles being with end-stop or not. The only reason that we see vehicles with this type of wheel hubs standing on zero camber wheels is because of the flat tyres.

With the big rims that you're using it should be possible to make something more sturdy.

I just finished the front axles. I will let them like they are right now. BUT i will do other wheelhubs at the backaxles. :classic:

So here is what i got so far. The chassis is doing pretty well. I use 2 servo motors and 2 xl motors.

Both xl motors are geared down 1:6 and they are performing realy good altough i have done only the half of the chassis :grin:

Front axles have also different steering angles thanks to @Beck and his comment :thumbup:

Critic and Opinions are as always appreciated :wink:

Edited by KikoTube

Those steering axles will be strong enough, I should know. I designed pretty much the exact same axle over two years ago. 

Also if you're using leaf springs, it would be more realistic if you use long plates fixed to the axle. The plates work surprisingly well as springs, LPEPower uses them for springs a lot. 

Edited by Technyk32231

5 hours ago, Technyk32231 said:

Those steering axles will be strong enough, I should know. I designed pretty much the exact same axle over two years ago. 

Also if you're using leaf springs, it would be more realistic if you use long plates fixed to the axle. The plates work surprisingly well as springs, LPEPower uses them for springs a lot. 

I already finished the front axles maybe not visisble on the picture. The rubber makes it more stiff.

After finishing the back axles on LDD (and ordering the parts on bricklink :tongue:) i will start with the Bodywork now. Lots of DETAILS planned :grin:

Here´s the back axle.

Back%20Suspension.png

4184169.jpg

These parts will be connected with 6L Steering Links.

Critic and Opinions as always appreciated :wink:

Edited by KikoTube

I'm really into anything related to the military, so do I love this truck! The speed you build is just amazing, and the quality of your build shines out! The front looks awesome already! Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Technyk32231 said:

Maybe it would be stronger if you built steering hubs similar to how nico71 did here

Thanks for the Input but i already finished the Chassis. It works very well with the Hubs i am using.

38 minutes ago, jgw said:

I'm really into anything related to the military, so do I love this truck! The speed you build is just amazing, and the quality of your build shines out! The front looks awesome already! Keep it up!

Thank you for your kind words :wink::thumbup:

Interesting moc you are working on.  What configuration of truck will it be?

H

26 minutes ago, Horace T said:

Interesting moc you are working on.  What configuration of truck will it be?

H

Thanks :tongue: That´s indeed a good question... I didn´t think about it yet. But there are many options.

A few pictures cause it´s hard to describe :grin:

1: Sideloader (?) (my favorite)

hammar8_1.JPG

2: Oil transporter

iveco_trakker_8x8.jpg

3: Containerloader (?)

Trakker%208x8%20configured%20as%20an%20E

4: Recoverytruck with crane:

649_DSC01159.JPG

What do you like most?

Edited by KikoTube

I vote for the revovery truck. But in the end it's your build and you should just create what you like the most ;)

The side loader version would be pretty cool, i have seen something like that before, but at this scale it will look very cool, this is one of the videos i saw some time ago and i think it is a fantastic work, it was made by Dokludi, i hope it can give you some inspiration:

I'd vote for pneumatic side loader. I don't think the Trakker has portal axles. Your rear axles look very weak at this scale. The rear leaf springs need to be moved further apart. The structure that holds the 6l link is too weak.