Umbra-Manis

Nocturnus Minichallenge III A: Harkran

Legends speak of the pumpkin pie found in Nocturnus, its magical taste and vicious properties are sought by wizards and lords alike.  Great thunder rolls in the sky upon the creation of a new pastry within the darklands of Historica, and only a master of the deepest secrets will be able to create a pie that is truly Nocturnian. Those who are not fully versed in the art have been swallowed by their creations, or worse.

800x600.jpg

In the wilds of Nocturnus, is often where Harkran wanders. Most visitors to his shack will be greeted by a note, scrawled in the local dialect: “Gotnet Fotr Itngretditetnts, titmet otf rettutrn utknotwn.” Outside of the few days he spends concocting his masterpieces; Harkran wonders the deep, unexplored depths of Nocturnus looking for ingredients to improve his pie. His guides are his instincts, and the Etyet otf Tratckitng, a gift from his father long ago. Also never leaving his side is a well-used pan, dented but polished to a shine. New ingredients must always be tested, although leaving it for some creature to eat first is usually a good idea. Poison isn’t exactly an uncommon thing in Nocturnus.

Currently Harkran is scouring the shores of Butcher’s bay for a new variety of pumpkin rumored to be a deep purple or red in color. The red variety is at the top of Harkran list, as he has a feeling that the color of the resistance will be very popular in the coming months. The search may go on for more than a month, but he is confident that a single pumpkin will be useable to grow many more.

I was unable to create entries for the other categories due to a big test on the 19th, but I'm pretty happy with how this guy and his story turned out! All parts are existing elements in existing colors. C&C welcome!

Very nice story and fig! Where is that fur collar from? I hope his tracking eye can lead him to the red and purple pumpkins he so desperately craves, though he had best be careful wandering the Nocturnian wilds, as you never know when some scary spider or witch might come and eat you...

That figure looks great, I especially like all the things he has hanging from his belt

On 10/21/2016 at 7:20 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice story and fig! Where is that fur collar from? I hope his tracking eye can lead him to the red and purple pumpkins he so desperately craves, though he had best be careful wandering the Nocturnian wilds, as you never know when some scary spider or witch might come and eat you...

Thanks! The fur collar is from this Marvel set

On 10/22/2016 at 5:49 AM, ZCerberus said:

A very nice looking figure indeed.

Thanks Z!

On 10/22/2016 at 6:04 AM, TitusV said:

That figure looks great, I especially like all the things he has hanging from his belt

Thank you Titus!

On 10/22/2016 at 9:23 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Looks like a well equipped and capable chef :thumbup:

Thanks SK!