Hello mates,
today I show you my latest MOC: a little diorama of a warehouse
Recently I've visited a warehouse and I was stricken by the layout. 

The new MOC is complete with pallets, boxes, shelves, hand pallet truck and a fork-lift.
Below a couple of pics

28786612282_636f4ac49e_z.jpg

28891180905_1b71efd66f_z.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Andrea | Norton74

Very nice warehouse, Norton74!

The details are quite accurate!  I like the shelves with the hardware holes and cross braces, the floor with drains and safety stripe, the pallets, the boxes and open flaps, the doors, the safety equipment, the forklift, the pallet jack, the broom, the rat, mostly everything!

I am not sure how those pallets got on the top shelf, unless the daddy forklift is outside the scene...:wink:

Dettagliata e pulita al tempo stesso!! Bravo come sempre!! 

Detailed and clean at the same time !! As beautiful as your other moc !!

Edited by AnkTales

That's great!  I really like the pallets and shelves specifically - captured the look so well! Nice clean look to the warehouse itself as well.

I like the handtruck design, too, but a criticism is that it doesn't fit under the pallet so the minifig can move it around... but 6x6 pallets would feel too big here. Hmm... anyway, I still love it!  :classic:

8 hours ago, deraven said:

the handtruck design, too, but a criticism is that it doesn't fit under the pallet so the minifig can move it around... but 6x6 pallets would feel too big here. Hmm... anyway, I still love it!  :classic:

Actually it is quite  accurate to the real thing.  It is meant to access the pallet from the side facing the camera.  The wheels (black 1x1 dots) ride up and over the bottom board and through the pallet (or just before the last board without sticking all the way through.  Than the handle pumped to raise the pallet off the ground by lowering the front wheels.  A real pallet jack (yellow hand truck) doesn't typically does not fit under the sides of a pallet.  The fork holes usually aren't large enough.

Sal

WFB, WI

Really nice! I love the open feel and busy nature of the place. Does however bring feelings of déjà vu

My only suggestion would be to change the colour of the sliding doors, as they blend in a little too much.

You captured the scene really well. All those small details like fire-extinguishers or the first-aid kit on the wall really add to it.

On 10/21/2016 at 10:18 AM, Slegengr said:

I am not sure how those pallets got on the top shelf, unless the daddy forklift is outside the scene...:wink:

If you're not familiar with a real forklift, they can reach 2, 3 or even 4 times as high as the height of their mast in its regular driving position.  Those top racks would be no problem for a forklift in this scale

However, that middle pallet on the top rack, I wouldn't have put it up there like that.  The box on the top should be placed on the pallet, not on top of the other boxes, to even out the weight distribution.  When the mast is extended that high on a forklift, any movement is amplified.  If you think about how the top of a sailing ship travels further with each roll of the deck, the same thing happens as you move the forklift backwards and forwards, the mast shakes, there's a fair chance that top box could fall off the pallet before you get it to the ground

As for the OP, very nice model

Edited by Big G

On 21/10/2016 at 4:18 PM, Slegengr said:

Very nice warehouse, Norton74! The details are quite accurate!  I like the shelves with the hardware holes and cross braces, the floor with drains and safety stripe, the pallets, the boxes and open flaps, the doors, the safety equipment, the forklift, the pallet jack, the broom, the rat, mostly everything! I am not sure how those pallets got on the top shelf, unless the daddy forklift is outside the scene...:wink:

Hi Slegengr, glad you like the diorama and you noticed all the elements, and yes the daddy forklift is coming...:wink:

On 21/10/2016 at 4:19 PM, The Plastic Archer said:

Very realistic! Good job!

Many thanks :thumbup:

On 21/10/2016 at 4:56 PM, AnkTales said:

Dettagliata e pulita al tempo stesso!! Bravo come sempre!! 

Detailed and clean at the same time !! As beautiful as your other moc !!

Thanks my friend :wink:

On 21/10/2016 at 6:44 PM, Jestingstorm said:

1st class!!!

Thanks, you're too kind :sweet:

On 21/10/2016 at 7:24 PM, Phoxtane said:

I saw this on The Brothers Brick. Looks nice!

Thanks, it's been a great satisfaction be blogged by TBB :sweet:

On 21/10/2016 at 7:36 PM, deraven said:

That's great!  I really like the pallets and shelves specifically - captured the look so well! Nice clean look to the warehouse itself as well.

I like the handtruck design, too, but a criticism is that it doesn't fit under the pallet so the minifig can move it around... but 6x6 pallets would feel too big here. Hmm... anyway, I still love it!  :classic:

Thanks and thanks for your remark :wink:

On 22/10/2016 at 3:36 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Another amazing creation from real life! :wub:

Excellent work Norton 74!

Thank you!

On 22/10/2016 at 4:01 AM, BrickJagger said:

Very nice. I like the construction of the shelves, they look very realistic.

Thanks!

On 22/10/2016 at 4:32 AM, legoboy3998 said:

Actually it is quite  accurate to the real thing.  It is meant to access the pallet from the side facing the camera.  The wheels (black 1x1 dots) ride up and over the bottom board and through the pallet (or just before the last board without sticking all the way through.  Than the handle pumped to raise the pallet off the ground by lowering the front wheels.  A real pallet jack (yellow hand truck) doesn't typically does not fit under the sides of a pallet.  The fork holes usually aren't large enough.

Sal

WFB, WI

Thanks for your remarks.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:42 AM, carebear said:

WOW!!!

So Great!!!!

Love this!!!

Greetings

Many thanks, glad you like it :thumbup:

On 22/10/2016 at 2:13 PM, pinioncorp said:

Really nice! I love the open feel and busy nature of the place. Does however bring feelings of déjà vu

My only suggestion would be to change the colour of the sliding doors, as they blend in a little too much.

Thanks for your remark and suggestion :thumbup:

On 22/10/2016 at 3:28 PM, Mr Greeble said:

Very nice! It looks very realistic. 

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Dazz said:

You captured the scene really well. All those small details like fire-extinguishers or the first-aid kit on the wall really add to it.

Glad you like the details, I love them too ;) Thanks!

13 hours ago, Big G said:

If you're not familiar with a real forklift, they can reach 2, 3 or even 4 times as high as the height of their mast in its regular driving position.  Those top racks would be no problem for a forklift in this scale

However, that middle pallet on the top rack, I wouldn't have put it up there like that.  The box on the top should be placed on the pallet, not on top of the other boxes, to even out the weight distribution.  When the mast is extended that high on a forklift, any movement is amplified.  If you think about how the top of a sailing ship travels further with each roll of the deck, the same thing happens as you move the forklift backwards and forwards, the mast shakes, there's a fair chance that top box could fall off the pallet before you get it to the ground

As for the OP, very nice model

Many thanks for your remarks and feedback, you're an expert about warehouse I think. Glad you like it :sweet:

Really great idea for a MOC!

This would also make a nice adult oriented set.

I hope LEGO is paying attention!

On 27/10/2016 at 4:03 PM, Bonaparte said:

Really great idea for a MOC!

This would also make a nice adult oriented set.

I hope LEGO is paying attention!

Thanks Bonaparte, I love this kind of diorama.

On 27/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, biglesdug said:

Very cool layout! 

Many thanks ;)

IMO everything is allready said. so from my side you get the :thumbup:

since a couple of weeks I'm working on my own warehouse. I now have some good ideas for the interior. big THX!

On 3/11/2016 at 5:50 PM, eiker86 said:

I love it :D 

Spot on warehouse lifing :D 

Many thanks :classic:

On 4/11/2016 at 11:23 AM, jalemac34 said:

TOP.....

:classic::classic::classic:

On 4/11/2016 at 4:42 PM, Zork said:

IMO everything is allready said. so from my side you get the :thumbup:

since a couple of weeks I'm working on my own warehouse. I now have some good ideas for the interior. big THX!

Many thanks Zork, glad you like it and I'm looking forward to seeing your warehouse :wink:

On 4/11/2016 at 5:33 PM, RazerTDI said:

Un altro eccellente lavoro! Congratulazioni!

Another excellent work! Congrats!

Grazie! Many thanks, happy you like my builds :thumbup:

A great scene you put up there.
I like it a lot.
Great sliding doors!

Keep clicking those bricks together!