Over the past months, I have been working on the following train projects:

Swedish Postal Coach:

501.jpg

The original - Classic SJ Postal Coach with littera DF built in 1960:

postvagn_klassisk_.jpg

Swedish Postal Train with RC locomotive:

502.jpg

505.jpg

Swedish Railway Da locomotives. The originals were built in the 1950s.

531.jpg

533.jpg

534.jpg

Classic Swedish timber train  with 3 Da locomotives and 16 wagons, carrying 102 logs: 

540.jpg

The original - three Da locomotives with timber wagons. Picture taken in 1985 outside Sandviken in mid Sweden.

da_794_sandviken1989mt_.jpg

Trainwheel train with spare wheel pairs and diesel engine 60052:

560.jpg

562.jpg

OCTAN fuel train with diesel engine 3677:

521.jpg

The Rolling Road! 

Six train sections - each with a BNSF GP-38 equipped with two 9V engines and one 9V light - that will be assembled into one "tripple twelve" megatrain: 12 meters long, 12 kg heavy and 12 9V engines! Everything on wheels has been moved to 48 railway wagons - environmental friendly indeed ...

What an increadible sight it will be to watch this monstertrain climbing its way up - and rush down! - the ramps in my new 9V Extreme display (still under construction):

510.jpg

And finally some pictures of the revised Dm3, the legendary Queen of the Swedish Iron Ore Line. With some critical comments in mind, I decided to change the wheel structure resulting in only one pair of wheels in the front and in the back of each section:

550.jpg

553.jpg

The original - picture taken at Narvik Station.

scan0021.jpg

Edited by Haddock51

Um... I think... you put too many awesome trains in one topic.  I don't know what to say, besides: Those are excellent!  I especially love those Da locos.  Really great job all-around, and I can't wait to see your 9v Extreme Display!  :sweet:

18 hours ago, deraven said:

Um... I think... you put too many awesome trains in one topic.  I don't know what to say, besides: Those are excellent!  I especially love those Da locos.  Really great job all-around, and I can't wait to see your 9v Extreme Display!  :sweet:

Thanks for your appreciation.

It wasn't actually my idea to go public with all these pictures but a good friend of mine "told" me it was high time to do so... He's probably right because there will be no more train projects for quite some time, and this was a good time to wrap up my train projects so far this year. 

From now on, I will need all available time to continue with and finish the 9V Extreme Display, hopefully around New Year.

Edited by Haddock51

Beautiful MOCs!
Like deraven, I'm especially fond of your Da fleet.

As I had to struggle a bit with the lettering of my own Swedish loco, please let me ask: What font did you use for the numbers?

41 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Beautiful MOCs!
Like deraven, I'm especially fond of your Da fleet.

As I had to struggle a bit with the lettering of my own Swedish loco, please let me ask: What font did you use for the numbers?

Thanks.

I don't know the name of the font for the numbers but I will ask the guy who helped me with the stickers.

1 hour ago, kieran said:

Very very nice. Your lego room also looks to be first rate 

The Lego room right now looks most like a workshop. But soon, this will become the Mekka of 9V Lego trains - at least in Sweden!

15 hours ago, Haddock51 said:

Thanks.

I don't know the name of the font for the numbers but I will ask the guy who helped me with the stickers.

Please visit the following site:

http://www.wnj.se/underleverantor/vva/

Västerås Vagnagentur (VVA) provides (amongst other) TrueType fonts that are created based on original drawings from Swedish Railway archives. These fonts are subject to copyright laws. They can be downloaded for personal use without permission.

Click on "Teckensnitt" (fonts) and then click on file "Lokxy.ttf" which shows the font for "Loksiffror" (numbers for locomotives).

Hope this will help.

These are stunning. Quite a collection. I like the amount of cars you put behind the locomotive.

And that Swedish timber train is an absolute beauty!

Like deraven I think you put too many awesome trains in one topic!

The first postal wagon looks totally cool in yellow livery! :wub:

It remember me the classic style of Union Pacific ...but this time we have an amazing European version! :thumbup:

26-up.jpg

The whole convoy with six *huh* mail cars is absolutely outstanding! :excited:

Are there in Sweden other yellow passenger coaches to create your own (long) yellow train?

Another pearl from your collection is the fantastic DA locomotive ...that I would steal sooner or later to have my own replica! :tongue:

The other trains are impressive for the numbers of wagons ...great huge collection! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Are there in Sweden other yellow passenger coaches to create your own (long) yellow train?

Yes there is, the so called "Rälsbuss" (Rail Bus) in yellow/orange from the 1950s:

Y6_1062_krstd001.JPG

But this one is very difficult to build in lego due to the round front shape.

A year ago, I built my first Swedish State Railway passenger train, the classic blue/red-coloured commuter train between Stockholm and Uppsala with one RC locomotive at each end (probably because the track at Stockholm Central Station is a dead-end track). 

The popular name for this train is "Uppasalapendeln". However, the train is hardly popular among many commuters because of all problems with delays etc.

Actually, there was a local newspaper article earlier this year with a large picture of me together with my train, and the headline reads: "Lego Train always on time" ...

815.jpg

803.jpg

Nota bene 1: Since these pictures were taken, I narrowed the gap between the coaches by moving the bogies one stud.

Nota bene 2: Stealing MOC designs is ok for me, they are not subject to copyright laws ... Your appreciation is more important to me!

Nota bene 3: My Lego Train Collection today includes 14 passenger trains (whereof 4 MOCs) and 21 freight trains (whereof 10 MOCs). Pictures of most of these trains will be posted together with my new 9V Extreme Display once it is finished, hopefully around New Year.

Edited by Haddock51

Really nice trains!

Glad that I could help with the stickers.

For the first version of the signs on the sides I used a photo and only changed the numbers. It looks ok in a larger format but it's a little bit messy in small scale like Lego.

For the second version I found a better photo and an original drawing. I drew the lines and replaced the colors with a dark grey and brass. It looks better, cleaner, in a smaller scale.

The fonts I found were quite good but the distance between the characters had to be adjusted. Especially for the numbers.
For example "G" and "R" are not spot on but close enough.

The stickers are made on a professional UV-printer on transparent vinyl. First I put a layer of white, that way the sticker can be placed on any colored surface. The transparent vinyl makes it easy to cut and trim.

Sometimes I print directly onto the lego-pieces but here stickers were better.

Fonts, colors, logotypes are usually not that hard to find. Many companies have some kind of graphic manual and with a little bit of research you can usually find it. 

www.brandsoftheworld.com, www.logotypes.ru and wikipedia have a lot of resources. On wikipedia I always choose the svg-file if possible. With SVG it's very easy to scale and change the colors.

Sweden is a very open country and a lot of information is in the public domain, free to use.

The railways used to belong to the state but now we have a lot of private companies that makes it more difficult to find good information.

For car traffic it's still possible. Fonts, colors, signs … all is available to download. Now I have all of the swedish traffic signs in Lego-versions.

https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/vagtrafik/Trafikregler/Om-vagmarken/Teckensnitt/

https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/vagtrafik/Vagmarken/

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.png

Thank you so much again. The stickers for the Da and Dm3 locomotives as well as for the mail coaches are just outstanding and top professional!

Your infomation is very comprehensive and useful so I am sure you will end up with more orders. I will certainly come back to you again in the future...

Edited by Haddock51

These are very nice builds and instantly recognizable if you compare them to the photo's of the original.