Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Lego Express Part 3

Why did Bloody Jay kill Phes?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Why did Bloody Jay kill Phes?

• He wanted his sword because it was priceless.
    • Phes's sword had been used to kill Vikings.
    • He planned to trade the sword for a Viking sword.
    • He wanted to sell the sword to another passenger.
    • Just because he hated pirates (and monkeys too).
    • Phes owed him money & refused to give him the sword.
    • Jipay hired him to kill Phes & let him keep the sword.
    • The cutlass had been used by Zorro.
    • Phes knew something that would ruin his acting career.
    • Other strange diabolic plan.

Chapter 3 of Murder on the Lego Express

The true murderer was discovered to be none other than the 13th Warrior, Bloody Jay.

Akkhraziel was able to piece together the following clues that helped identify the murderer:

- The piece of paper with the name Vlad appearing as the 2nd name was a cast list from the movie The 13th Warrior. The 2nd name was the co-star of the movie, Vladimir Kulich who played the 1st warrior. Antonio Banderas played the lead role, the 13th Warrior.

- The song that Rosa sang was "Oh What a Circus" from the Evita movie. Antonio Banderas sang the song in the movie. Rosa had heard Bloody Jay singing the song and was singing the Spanish chorus.

You had a chance to interrogate her but you never did and she was killed that same evening.

- The gold bracelet found in Rosa's room was a gift from Bloody Jay for keeping the murder quiet. It had the initials I.F. which stood for Ibn Fahdlan, Antonio Banderas's character's name in the 13th Warrior. The bracelet was a movie prop (not real) that Bloody Jay had aquired years prior. But Rosa could not stay quiet and planned to tell Maria. She also sang as a way to provide a clue.

- "El Mariachi" was a term that Maria used to describe Bloody Jay the night she saw him. El Mariachi was the name of Antonio Bandera's character in the movie Desperado. He wore black and always seemed to walk in shadows.

The questions that remain unanswered include:

Why did Bloody Jay truly kill Phes? Was it just for the value of the sword? And where is the sword and gun?

What does the PO Box to Solvang mean and the partial phone number found stored in the cell phone?

How do these clues relate to the motive?

You never unlocked the lockbox with three-digit combination? What could be in it?

Is someone else on the train an accomplice to the murders or did Bloody Jay act alone?

Bloody Jay has refused to say anything else on the basis that it may be held against him.

These answers to this intriguing mystery in Chapter 3 of Murder on the Lego Express... :^^D

Are you going to give them more clues or are they going to have to figure it out on their own?

Oh, and...

PINNED

EDIT: Scratch that, they don't need any more clues, really.

You remain gathered in the observation car to discuss the unanswered questions.

Pete Falklin enters the room, sits down, and states, "I think there's a connection between the cell phone and the murderer. And how is Bloody Jay linked to the small town of Solvang in California? Doesn't make much sense".

You also wonder what's in the lockbox and how you might acquire the combination. Pete is unwilling to open it without the police.

And lastly, the murder weapon nor the gun has been found. Could it be in the possession of someone at the table or could Bloody Jay have hidden it well? (it is too long to be in the lockbox) - and Bloody Jay refuses to talk...

The Po Box listed is the same exact one on the bottom of the website Bloody Jay listed earlier. http://www.solvangusa.com/

Solvang Conference & Visitors Bureau

PO Box 70

(800) 468-6765

The website must contain some clue.

The cell phone number is still unclear. Backwards it is Lego set 4756 Shrieking Shack which would clearly indicate Wolf as the acompliss.

Or perhaps it is someone else. Why would Jay be traveling to Solvang? What conference could be happening there that would benefit him.

Have we checked the bodies to be sure they are deceased?

Who on the train has a cell phone?

Who can think straight anymore?

It was another strange diabolical plan! Phes would not do the ewok dance so Bloody jay KILLED HIM! ;)

A few questions and answers:

Q: Why would Jay be traveling to Solvang?

A: Good question, maybe another clue can help explain.

Q: Have we checked the bodies to be sure they are deceased?

A: They are most certainly dead; each shot in the chest with a single bullet. Bloody Jay admits to having killed them.

Q: Who on the train has a cell phone?

A: Just be concerned with the one you have labeled CLUE. It was not used to call anyone on the train.

Q: Who can think straight anymore?

A: Two remaining items need to be uncovered: 1) The Cell Phone and 2) You've missed something (that's all I can say).

To quote a line in Seinfeld (for those of you who watch the show), "Why don't you just tell me the answer to the train mystery"? I'd love to do so, but that would spoil it.

Good luck.

PS. The person who solves the remaining mystery wins a Virtual Lego Detective Award.

Pete states:

"You may want to retrace your steps to the beginning. You may have missed something"...

oh no, we have to start over!

Three days until the train reaches Prague. If the mystery is not solved by Friday, Bloody Jay takes the motive to jail with him and we'll never know his true motive.

Pete says, "oh, by the way, Maria found this in the pocket of Rosa's jacket hung in the broom closet of the dining car. Does this mean anything to you"?

It's a picture of set 10015, My Own Train, Green Passenger Car.

"Interesting", you wonder, "perhaps this is one of the clues that you missed"?

Damn my evil plot has been discovered. :-D

The brickster, if you could pm me, I have some plans for your stories :)

Bah, school has been keeping me from looking at this.

Stuff for people to think on:

Solvang is located in the Santa Ynez Valley in Claifornia, and it neighbors closely Santa Marai Valley, the area where the bandit who would be popularized as Zorro operated out of (Let's not forget that Antonio Banderas, a linking clue, portayed Zorro as well). Additionally, Solvang is, as many of you have noticed, the self-proclaimed Danish capital of America. Where else would Bloody Jay feel more at home, heck, he could even stay at the Viking INN while visitng the area.

Additionally, during the first week of May, about when things started getting serious, there was a blade show going on at Solvang, where many dealers in antiquites, fine swords, and the like would be visitng the Danish capital of america.

Food for thought.

Akkh

Can't we just pull the emergency stop on the train to give us more time? Seriously though I am at a loss, and too busy right now to try and keep up with it.

Mr. M (the M stands for masturb... well never mind :D)

The train has slowed down considerably as the Lego Express enters the Prague Station.

Steam poors out of the engine as the whistle blows. The train shakes for a minute, then comes to a complete hault. Outside, you see Prague police officials waiting to arrest Bloody Jay. Pete Falklin and Mike Lall are somewhat disappointed that your combined talents did not completely solve the Murder on the Lego Express. Although the murderer is in custody, you will never know his true motive and the meaning of various items you collected during your investigation; such as the cellular phone with the number 6574, the picture of set 10015 (Green Passenger Car), and the significance of the Solvang PO Box. What could have been in the lockbox, what was the combination, and what happended to the murder weapon and Phes's cutlass? You may never know...

Bloody Jay is led to the front of the train where two police officers meet with Pete and Mr. Lall. They discuss the evidence while you step off the passenger cars with your luggage in hand. The police take Bloody Jay away as you watch curiously. Pete and Mr. Lall thank you for all your assistance, esp. Akkhraziel who's excellent detective skills led to the arrest of Bloody Jay. END

Strange, Pete and Mr. Lall almost forgot to open the lockbox. Mr. Lall calls the train engineer to bring a crowbar and some tools to force the box open. You watch with anticipation as Mr. Lall oversees the engineer attempting to pry open the box. Mr. Lall notices that one of you carry a picture of 10015 in your hand. He says, "oh, I have that set. It's one of my favorite Lego train cars. I like the detail, esp the HC 514 piece. Nice touch he says".

You begin thinking and stop the engineer... "Hey, wait! try the combination 514 on the lock out of curiosity", you ask.

Mr. Lall reaches over to the lock box and tries 5 1 4. Presto! the box pops open. Inside is the murder weapon, the Smith & Wesson .44 long barrel revolver and a folded piece of paper. The paper reads:

I.F:

I will be waiting at your 1st stop to pick up the merchandise. Please place it on the roof of the last train car. I will be flying to the U.S. and transport the item to Nordic Knives according to our plan. Meet me at the Saint George Hotel, Prague 2, not far from Venceslao Square, Tuesday at midnight. I

And with that, it ends. I'll close this, but keep it pinned until the next mystery starts. Great mystery, Brickster!