Henjin_Quilones

Nocturnus Minichallenge IIIC: The Proposal of the Spiderwitch

On behalf of the Resistance:

The Proposal of the Spiderwitch

After the events of the previous two builds (here and here), the Spiderwitch, intent on winning the pumpkin pie contest, at long last decided to emerge from her darkened lair to pay a visit to Lord Raavage, the contest judge. 

The Lord of Darkness, Raavage himself, had left the towering edifice of the Black Spire to go visiting some of his other fortresses, and in late October decided to stop by the halls of Ereknydd Castle, home of General Skellek, the great Drow warleader. A great feast was held in Raavage's honor, with many guests invited, including some Hand members, dark dwarves, witches, and the odd goat-wolf-man. The wine flowed as freely as the tears of the Avalonian elf kept in the cage by Raavage's spiky throne. 

29784371243_d94ab25ec4_z.jpg

29784370883_7f6b368e1e_z.jpg

30329983741_5d51ed0b6e_z.jpg

Suddenly, a loud knock on the doors of the great hall echoed through the chamber. The massive portals swung open, revealing a quartet of low orcs bearing a giant, delicious-smelling pumpkin pie on a bier. 

29785472274_38252bb406_z.jpg

30329980941_916f4ea695_z.jpg

29785470654_9e9af6d903_z.jpg

After depositing their burden on the table the orcs left in a hurry, leaving the doors open in their haste. A silence hung through the hall as all of the guests smelling the savory scents began to salivate. Suddenly, out of the pie, burst the figure of a woman, all blue and scantily clad with seductive head tails dangling behind her. 

30299574482_1a67d7a15d_z.jpg

She emerged from the pie and began dancing her way towards the steps and the throne of Lord Raavage. Raavage, entranced by her beauty, stood to greet her, meeting her halfway.

30299571012_005bdfc20a_z.jpg

While everyone was enraptured by the woman, a mysterious form, the Spiderwitch herself, crept into the hall and began to descend from the high rafters.  She plopped her hairy black body down beside the throne of the Lord of Nocturnus, who was startled by her sudden presence and leapt back into the seat he had vacated when the blue woman had approached him. The seductress was standing calmly on the steps, waiting for the business of the witch to finish. 

30416338835_e7d88eb689_z.jpg

30330066881_a0a712711b_z.jpg

The guests all eagerly watched to see what might happen next. 

30416336915_5bf5f55f68_z.jpg

30330065801_d86670be4f_z.jpg

A stillness hung over the hall as the Spiderwitch and the Lord stared at each other, wits matched in a mental game of chess. Finally the Spiderwitch smiled broadly and gestured at the pie and the woman. "Eat your fill, My Lord, it is all yours," she said. "And when you are finished with both, I shall be waiting for you in your chambers. You see, it has been many years now since my husband died, and I have been so very, very lonely at night, needing the strong embrace of a powerful and virile man. Will you marry me, Lord Raavage?"

"What if I say no?" asked Raavage, a hint of nerves appearing in his voice for the first time as he pulled back from the many hairy spider legs. 

"You have two choices, My Lord," replied the Spiderwitch. "Either award me victory for my pie, or be my husband. Of course, I would prefer both..."

The End.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

........................................................................................................................................................................................

The build with no figures:

30330064441_dcb80ddbdb_z.jpg

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome!

The stort is fantastic and the build is amazimg. I love the tiled floor and rafters and the stain glass gives it an amzing splash of colour. Im sure Lord Raavage will accept her offer, after the spider witch is so disgusti... I mean charming and breautiful.

A very nice build, gives a nice big hall feel with the large wooden beams, and plenty of great details, the figs all look like interesting characters even the ones in the background. A great story too! :thumbup:

I absolutely love the church-like atmosphere of this build, especially the roof-supports are awesome!

I imagine the next picture: a Lord Raavage figure without his head, and the text under the picture: "Doesn't matter, had sex."

The build is amazing! I really like the different guests. But, and this is only my opinion, the story is a bit dull. 

On 10/18/2016 at 11:02 PM, The Maestro said:

The stort is fantastic and the build is amazimg. I love the tiled floor and rafters and the stain glass gives it an amzing splash of colour. Im sure Lord Raavage will accept her offer, after the spider witch is so disgusti... I mean charming and breautiful.

Thanks, Maestro, I am glad you liked the story and the stained glass and the floor. The build started with the floor and then went to the stained glass, and it was only at a late stage that I decided to build some rafters. And as for the Spiderwitch and Raavage, I see them having a short and glorious future together...

On 10/19/2016 at 2:36 AM, narbilu said:

just awesome! WOW

Thanks, Narbilu!

On 10/19/2016 at 4:22 AM, Legofin2012 said:

A very nice build, gives a nice big hall feel with the large wooden beams, and plenty of great details, the figs all look like interesting characters even the ones in the background. A great story too! :thumbup:

Thank you, Fin! The wooden beam became the focal point at a late stage, but I am glad they are popular. 

On 10/19/2016 at 10:10 AM, TitusV said:

I absolutely love the church-like atmosphere of this build, especially the roof-supports are awesome!

The build was inspired in many ways by older churches, though obviously it has been modified significantly to make it fit the context. The rafters were inspired last Sunday as I was staring at my church's ceiling, actually. So thanks, Titus!

23 hours ago, kahir88 said:

I imagine the next picture: a Lord Raavage figure without his head, and the text under the picture: "Doesn't matter, had sex."

The build is amazing! I really like the different guests. But, and this is only my opinion, the story is a bit dull. 

Thanks, Kahir, I am glad you like the figures. I wanted a diverse range that could represent many of the Black Spire factions. As for the story, I was trying to keep it brief and limited to what I could show with the pictures, while emphasizing the character of the Spiderwitch. I am sorry that you found it boring. 

The wooden rafters are what stand out to me most, though I also like the large barrel holder made with upside down arches :thumbup:

The large round window is a nice touch as well :classic:

man I'm literally in love with those rafters :wub:

also really like the furniture in general as well as the whole architecture throughout. and whoa, I really didn't expect the Spiderwitch to be wanting marriage! xD

On 10/21/2016 at 8:01 AM, soccerkid6 said:

The wooden rafters are what stand out to me most, though I also like the large barrel holder made with upside down arches :thumbup:

The large round window is a nice touch as well :classic:

Thanks, SK! The rafters are definitely the focal point of the build. I am glad you like the window, too; I was worried that the rafters would overshadow and obscure it entirely. 

6 hours ago, en_zoo said:

man I'm literally in love with those rafters :wub:

also really like the furniture in general as well as the whole architecture throughout. and whoa, I really didn't expect the Spiderwitch to be wanting marriage! xD

Thanks, En_zoo! Glad you like it. The Spiderwitch is always wanting marriage, but they never seem to last much longer than the wedding night...you might say she's a chronically black widow.