Hey all, I'm currently working on a fig, and I'm wondering what is the best way to get a custom decal on a head.  Would printing be the best option, and if so, how could I go about printing?

I think you're still missing the question slightly.  :wink:  Are you asking about how to print a decal that you then apply to the head, or printing directly on the head piece (no decal involved)?  Very different recommendations if you're looking to do a waterslide or other decal vs finding a custom direct-printing solution.

Ahh yes, thank you mate.  I'm wondering what method would be easier, printing directly on the head or applying a decal to the head, and if printing directly on the head is an easy enough method.  I'm interested in printing directly onto the head because I'm not a fan of the way a pasted torso decal "hangs off" the body.

You can't print DIRECTLY on to the head unless you have a pad printer or uv printer which cost usually about $20,000. So I think printing the decal on your home printer is the best option ;)

You could always contact a digital UV printer to get a cost for doing this. There was a custom minifig seller on eBay who used to offer 5 torsos or heads printed for $25 I think. Not sure if they still do it 

Hey bud, I am a brick printer in the UK :)

I can happily help you out with any printing you need?

I won't post links here of course but you are welcome to pm me :)