Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

Nocturnus Minichallenge III/c: Igronows offer

The full moon was shrouded by clouds. The Obsidian Spike was darker, then ever befor. The candle just blowed out in Lord Raavages bedroom, as he put his book on the nightstand. It was a long day for him, so many paperwork, spy reports, executions. He turned around in his bed, and fell asleep.
No one knows, how many time did he actually slept, minutes, hours... He woked up for a haunting voice, calling his name:
- Lord Raavage....
He sat up in his bed, rubbed his eyes and looked around. The moon was no longer shrouded by the clouds.
- Who dares disturbe Lord Raavages sleep? Show your self coward!

30084517940_f0beba138d_n.jpg

As he reached for his candle, he notice a dense white fog, around his bed. Then suddenly a figure materialized in the fog. Raavage quickly recognized his visitor. Skeletal body, ragged robes, a staff with a gem on the top of it... A Lich. Igronow slowly steped out from the fog, and stoped at the end of the bed.
- Good evening Mylord. I am Igronow the Black Baker. -introduced him self the lich.
Lord Raavage understanded everything:
- Hm... Let me guess. You are here, about the contest.
- Then you know who really am I! - a little hope can be felt in the lichs voice.
- It doesn't ring a bell. - answered Raavage. - But dosn't really matters. 
- It matters a lot! - the voice of the lich quickly changed. - I am the creator, of the original Enchanted Pumpkin Pie!
- Only one thing matters. That you are here to bribe, or threaten my. But I must disappoint you, you can't.
- I'm only here, with an offer for you. - replyed the lich, as he grabed his staff with his other hand. - Hear my out, and then decide, it is a bribe, or a threat...

30084515300_6fbb50d3a9_n.jpg

The gem on the staff starts glowing, and a nother figure materialized from the fog. But it was huge, almost reached the ceiling of the beadroom. The giand held a huge mug, as he puted down milk spilled out on the ground. Lord Raavage almost got amazed.
- Behold! - started Igronow. - My gingerbread golem! Announce my as winner, and i bake for youan army of golems. They will not only help you takethe Darklands, but to conquesr all of Historica!
The face and voiceof the lich suddenly changed.
- Or, feel the consequences...
- What consequences? -asked Ravaage, as he tired to reach for his axe...
- Be patient... I will show you. - the gem once more started glowing.

29749963083_174623e1a1_n.jpg

The golem started moving again. With his hands, he reached for Raavage. But Raavage was faster then the clumsy golem, and quickly striked down his arm. But the hardened sugar blocked the strike. The golem easily grabed Raavage by his leg, and lifted him up. With his other hand, he teared the weapon out from his grip.
- Put me down! Thats an order! - yelled Raavage, as he tired to escape.
- Reject my offer, and my golem will find you. Then he will dip you in milk, and bites your head off, LIKE THE HEAD OF A GINGERBREAD MAN! - yelled back the lich, with a hellish voice.

29750970264_ccbfab98ba_n.jpg

The golem pulled closer his mug of milk, and roughly stardet diping Lord Raavage in it. 
- Blblblll.. stooo.. blublubl.. I comma.. Blublbl... - Lord Raavage tired screaming but every time his mouth was full of milk. 

30084513450_9cc24bfd63_n.jpg

He stopped fighting against the golem, he was exhausted. Then the golem stoped the diping, and once more he lifted him in the air. Lord Raavage was unable to move. He only heared the hellish laugh of the lich, felt the golems breath. Stinkt like confectionery.

29750969634_d7c528a87e_n.jpg

Lord Raavage woked up, covered with sweat and gasping for air. He looked around. He was in his bedroom, no fog, no lich, no giant bingerbread golem.
- What a nightmare... -wiped down the sweat from his forehead. - It was so realistic. I guess the last sip of wine was too much for me.
He lied back on his bed, but his jaw quicky dropped down, as he discovered something on his nightstand.
- Or it wasn't a dream...

30381439245_fe41a53c7d_n.jpg

And If interested: the room, the furniture and the golem.

30084516800_4cb9b9953b_n.jpg29749960853_e6a2e0eb12_n.jpg30084511760_37ec7d1da1_n.jpg

Edited by kahir88

The build is great, very Black Spire-esque, clearly inspired and influenced by Z's builds on the subject. I have to say that I do not particularly like the gingerbread golem, and I think the reason must be the presence of so many studs (I've developed an aversion to them over the years) because truly the idea and the posing of it are top-notch. The milk mug is a nice touch, too. It is good to see that someone is getting the builds posted! (I should have mine up later today or tomorrow, if I can get the pictures taken.) Good work!

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

I like how you write the story adding little nods to previous events on Historica and referencing some builds and ideas on your construction.
Well executed.
Ps. I love how you made fun of Lord Ravage. :tongue:

Sweet interior! You really took advantage of the black/white colorscheme of the spire :thumbup: Great furniture designs and the giant gingerbread man is pretty menacing :laugh:

16 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Love it!  Quality entry!

Seconded! I absolutely love the interior, that black/white bed is sooooo awesome!

Wonderful entry, kahir! The bed design is fantastic, especially the white horns used around the edges :thumbup:
The giant gingerbread man is great too, and I like the story :laugh: