Sign in to follow this  
Legofin2012

Pt. 1.1: Across the icy wasteland

Second build for my character story, explaining his 2 year absence, part 1.

A few days after part 1.

30339342295_b1a909084d_z.jpg

After waking up with an excruciating headache from the knife hilt, the second thing I noticed was the icy cold I'd woken up to. The sound of footsteps and something being dragged across the snow could also be heard. My body had been wrapped in a nearly soft cloth, presumably to keep me from freezing to death, and had been tied down, my head still in the bag they put on me what I'm guessing must be a few nights ago now. I was laying on something hard, but not as cold as stone, so wood, that would also explain the dragging sound, I was tied to a sled. Yet no horse could be heard, only men, remembering the two men who attacked me in my room; large brutes, but strong enough to pull a heavy sleigh through the snow in such temperatures for days on end? What kind of men was I dealing with, barbarians, savages...?

30304434616_ce0e2dd784_z.jpg

Counting the times we stopped assuming they were nights, it had been just over a month, dragged through the snow on a sled with little food and water. The first week I'd struggled, trying to find a way to untie myself and escape, a cold cylindrical object regularly bumped my head through the sack, a sword hilt? But after that, the cold, the lack of food, water, and very little sleep, I felt close to death. It almost got my once, they'd placed me on a boat, and the rocking motion without any sense of direction almost made be very sick, nearly throwing up inside the bag, which would not have ended well. I couldn't help but noticed how the temperature continued to drop, meaning one of two things, we were going up into mountains, but we haven't climbed any substantial slopes, or we were going North, very far North.

29708203423_7af89d1836_z.jpg

So like I said, taking a break from AoM to continue my character story a bit. 

-Thanks for looking!

Great scene with very nice features! The frozen pool, rock pillar and the packet of snow in general are really nice, I also like the fairly ornate sled. :thumbup: Nice to see your story continue, I'm curious where they are taking him. :wink:

Very nice winter scene! (You must have watched SK's snow tutorial...) The sledge itself is great, filled with clever uses and nice details. The iced-over pond is a great detail, too. The man pulling the sledge must be a true Mitgardian, though, with ice flowing in his veins to withstand the cold with no shirt or pants on...

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Great scene with very nice features! The frozen pool, rock pillar and the packet of snow in general are really nice, I also like the fairly ornate sled. :thumbup: Nice to see your story continue, I'm curious where they are taking him. :wink:

Thank you, and I'm sure you'll find out in the next few parts :wink:

1 hour ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice winter scene! (You must have watched SK's snow tutorial...) The sledge itself is great, filled with clever uses and nice details. The iced-over pond is a great detail, too. The man pulling the sledge must be a true Mitgardian, though, with ice flowing in his veins to withstand the cold with no shirt or pants on...

Thanks, (admittedly I did, but I'd pretty much finished this by the time I read it anyway :grin:) the sledge probably took the longest to figure out, surprisingly awkward shape! Well we'll all find out soon enough :wink:

Really nice work on the sled!  The ice pond and the snowscape also look great! :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Really nice work on the sled!  The ice pond and the snowscape also look great! :thumbup: 

Thank you, the sled will be staying for another part or two :classic:

36 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Great snow and rocks, love that sled.

Thanks! :sweet:

19 minutes ago, TitusV said:

very Nice build, with as highlight the frozen pond!

Thank you, the frozen pond was the starting point for this one :classic:

Excellent landscape! The frozen pond definitely turned out wonderfully, and the rocks are superb as well :thumbup:
The snowscaping turned out nicely. Looking forward to the next part of your story :classic:

14 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent landscape! The frozen pond definitely turned out wonderfully, and the rocks are superb as well :thumbup:
The snowscaping turned out nicely. Looking forward to the next part of your story :classic:

Thank you, the next part might take a bit longer though, that is if I don't get distracted by AoM again :look::grin:

Great winter landscape! The frozen pond, small tree, and rock outcroppings are all nice details :thumbup: Excellent sled design too, and I'm interested to see your story continue :classic:

20 hours ago, BrickCurve said:

Nice one!  The frozen pond works really well, as does the tree.

Thank you :sweet:

6 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Great winter landscape! The frozen pond, small tree, and rock outcroppings are all nice details :thumbup: Excellent sled design too, and I'm interested to see your story continue :classic:

Thanks, the next part is a bit different, and it's going to take a bit longer though :look:

I can just second the others - lovely scene with nice details. as for the story, you've got me curious now! ^^

9 hours ago, en_zoo said:

I can just second the others - lovely scene with nice details. as for the story, you've got me curious now! ^^

Thank you, and glad people are interested in the story, can't say I've ever been any good at storytelling :grin: