The ships had been off on the horizon, keeping their distance for the past few days. It was an odd force, including what appeared to be an armored turtle ship, but they were clearly flying Oleon colors. Eventually the flagship came into signalling range, and an agreement was reached. Or so the Elsandolan commander, Capitan Alonzo, hoped.

The company of bluecoats came ashore, and Capitan Alonzo and a handful of his men were there to greet them.

01_out_of_the_boats.jpg

Finally, the bluecoat commander and his entourage were out of their boat.

"Monsieur Phred? I am Capitan Alonzo of Eslandola and Fuerte Unido. Welcome to Isla de Victoria."

02_meet_close-up.jpg

"Thank you, Capitan. My congratulations to you on your speedy occupation of the bay."

"The operation went smoothly, until we discovered the Mardierian settlement. And my scouts tell me there are two more on the northern part of the island."

"That is my information as well, and it is why I am here. My company had been encamped on Isle de Romantica. We had been fighting with Duke Prio against Mardier, but that campaign has ground to a halt, and all the mercenaries have departed. With news of your discovery, I have decided to continue the fight against Mardier here."

The bluecoats pulled their boats onto the shore and moved off the beach, forming a loose column as the Eslandolans led them to Fuerte Unido.

03_int.jpg

04_comin_at_ya.jpg

"We welcome your commitment to the cause, Monsieur Phred. I must admit I was initially uncertain of your intentions when you took up position off the coast, given the current state of affairs between our nations. Although I can assure you, our king does not speak for us."

"And certainly I am taking a chance here as well, but regardless of what happens back on the continent, we in the colonies must often act without official guidance ... or is it without official encumbrance?"

"Either way, sir, your assistance here is most welcome, and I assure you your men will be treated no different than my own."

"Thank you Capitan. I have faith you are a man of your word."

"While you are here, you may have my quarters, sir."

"That won't be necessary. I must set sail for Eltina. I have business interests I must see to. I doubt anything has happened with my mining interests in my absence."

"I understand. If you stop at An Holli on the way, please be so kind as to report our condition to Governor Guilder."

"It is not in my plans, but if the opportunity arises, I will pass the word. In the meantime, put my men to good use against Mardier!"

"I will, sir. Fair winds on your trip."

And with that the bluecoat commander returned to his ship and set sail for Eltina. Fuerte Unido now had a company of 30 bluecoats as part of its defense. Alonzo's mind was already going over the potential issues with such an international force, but it was good to know they weren't alone in this fight. Now he needed to figure out just how to swing the Corries to his side...

One more pic of the build, from above:

05_above.jpg

And Fuerte Unido officially has 30 Bluecoats as part of its force.

Nice work. That landing area looks really good.  :thumbup: 
I look so smashing. :pir-grin: 

The plot thickens. :pir-devil:

Nice landscaping Capt Wolf, and great landing scene!  I wonder what King Fernando's reaction will be when he discovers that the blues are helping Eslandola! :pir-laugh:

A really well captured scene.  I appreciated how the boats were being landed as you posed your minifigs in a way represent it faithfully.

One thing I will say: those are a lot of happy faces on those soldiers. Hopefully it goes well for them. :)

Very nice build, Capt Wolf, the beaching boats are excellent - love your use of cheese slopes beneath them! - and the palm trees and minifig posing are great as well! :pir-wink:  I'm truly happy to see the bluecoats here to help us out against Mardier too! :pir-sweet:

I really love this beach scene. I haven't quite figured out what makes it stand out so well. My favorite shot is the bird's eye view. The beach just has the perfect shape that draws my attention. 

In addition, the minifigures are posed very well and the beached boats look realistic. The vegetation is well done. I especially like the bushes the soldiers are marching past. (Nice usage of the new palm pieces.)

An excellent landing scene, the troops are positioned perfectly! Should be interesting to see how this international cooperation plays out!

On 10/15/2016 at 3:45 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Now he needed to figure out just how to swing the Corries to his side...

Royal decree has made official support not possible at this time, mercenary companies however, might be a different story...

Great depiction of a beach landing, Capt Wolf - both the beach itself and the posing is very nice. The ground is a little plain, but I didn't notice this at first glance. The pictures are a bit off in terms of focus, graininess, and colour, though. Looks like they might be taken in bad light? :classic:

As to the political perspectives, it is interesting and surprising to see bluecoats intervene, and one might wonder at their motives! :pir-tongue: And depending on your own objectives, you might find that the Corlander forces are more or less on your side... :wink:

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 0:07 AM, Phred said:

Nice work. That landing area looks really good.  :thumbup: 
I look so smashing. :pir-grin: 

The plot thickens. :pir-devil:

I always have fun working with others' sigfigs. Glad I made you look good! :pir-grin:

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 6:46 AM, Mike S said:

Some great photos here!

Thanks. I built the scene specifically with the photo angles in mind.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:25 AM, Kai NRG said:

Nice landscaping Capt Wolf, and great landing scene!  I wonder what King Fernando's reaction will be when he discovers that the blues are helping Eslandola! :pir-laugh:

I'm sure Fernando's nightcap is pulled down too tightly over his ears for him ever to hear anything about it!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:51 AM, Kwatchi said:

A really well captured scene.  I appreciated how the boats were being landed as you posed your minifigs in a way represent it faithfully.

One thing I will say: those are a lot of happy faces on those soldiers. Hopefully it goes well for them. :)

Thanks. And, yes, about the faces. I was using a batch of bluecoats from the recent pirate wave and didn't want to spend a lot of time switching heads, so I used them as they were. There are I think 4 distinct faces, of which 2 are happy and 2 aren't, and I made sure to put the sweating and working faces on the guys pushing the boats ashore (since that didn't seem like happy work). Of course, you can't really see their faces, but when I took the shot of the bluecoats coming toward the camera, all those happy faces were clearly visible. So bad planning on my part!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:36 AM, Garmadon said:

Very nice build, Capt Wolf, the beaching boats are excellent - love your use of cheese slopes beneath them! - and the palm trees and minifig posing are great as well! :pir-wink:  I'm truly happy to see the bluecoats here to help us out against Mardier too! :pir-sweet:

Thanks. I've used the cheese slopes for the beached boat in another build and was happy with it then, so I wanted to use it again. Posing the minifigs was fun on this build. And of course I wanted to show the international nature of the struggle on Isla de Victoria. :pir-grin:

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:37 PM, SilentWolf said:

I really love this beach scene. I haven't quite figured out what makes it stand out so well. My favorite shot is the bird's eye view. The beach just has the perfect shape that draws my attention. 

In addition, the minifigures are posed very well and the beached boats look realistic. The vegetation is well done. I especially like the bushes the soldiers are marching past. (Nice usage of the new palm pieces.)

Thanks. I was very happy to get those lime green palm leaves; they've really helped when I need to do dense vegetation. The bird's eye view was really an afterthought, simply that I should show the whole thing in some fashion. I really designed the build for certain specific photo angles, such as looking down the length of the beach, the angle at which the soldiers would disappear into the interior, and of course the shot with them coming at the camera from the beach.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, Ayrlego said:

An excellent landing scene, the troops are positioned perfectly! Should be interesting to see how this international cooperation plays out!

Royal decree has made official support not possible at this time, mercenary companies however, might be a different story...

Thank you. Other than the happy faces, I was really happy with how the figure posing turned out. And you don't happen to have the phone number for any militia commanders, do you? :pir-laugh:

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:12 AM, Bregir said:

Great depiction of a beach landing, Capt Wolf - both the beach itself and the posing is very nice. The ground is a little plain, but I didn't notice this at first glance. The pictures are a bit off in terms of focus, graininess, and colour, though. Looks like they might be taken in bad light? :classic:

As to the political perspectives, it is interesting and surprising to see bluecoats intervene, and one might wonder at their motives! :pir-tongue: And depending on your own objectives, you might find that the Corlander forces are more or less on your side... :wink:

Thanks. And you're right, the ground is a little plain, but that's because my focus was on what really showed up in the different shots. The shots are all mainly low angle, with various obstructions to a full view of things, so it should go relatively unnoticed. The bird's eye view spoils that.

As for the politics, I'm not too worried about the Corries, but Capitan Alonzo is always evaluating the situation for any advantage.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and feedback!