Great job at such a small scale, I wonder if it would be possible to make the suspension operational with rubber axle connectors as the torsion bar mounting points, as the suspension is rather complex for the A39, and uses a parallel linkage system to raise the torsion bars above the swing arms. It would be fun to build a really large scale model of this, or any vehicle, as there are so many mechanisms that can be included at a larger scale, though you have to deal with the mechanical power to weight issues.

Those working machine gun and turret are just too amazing, you are so clever when building things at such small scale, the gaming pad controlling is very cool too, and the subtractor transmission seems to work great, the details are outstanding, the V12 engine, the turrets movement, the hull itself has a so realistic shape, i think Lego should consider making some tanks like this one, but sell them to +18 only, i would be happy driving a tank like this one; nice model and video.

16 minutes ago, ImanolBB said:

i think Lego should consider making some tanks like this one, but sell them to +18 only, i would be happy driving a tank like this one; nice model and video.

Well the closest thing you will get to a tank would be the tracked racer with a mounted MG. :laugh: There are plenty of people that want Lego to produce military models. Though I personally think It's good that they don't make them, as I feel they are limited in the design process, due to meeting requirements for production. A model of this scale can be upwards of 2000-3000 pieces, depending on the detail and complexity. Also Lego gets enough flak for including fictional "violent" sets... just Imagine the outrage of people seeing real vehicles.  I think it's important for people to be educated on the history, and there's an impressive amount of innovation and engineering that occurred during WWII. As with the A39 tortoise, T28 Super heavy tank, or the Maus, countries were pushing the limits of what is practical, for a vehicle in terms of armor and weight. WWII basically defined what was practical, and effective in combat, eventually leading to the modern MBT's combination of less armor, higher mobility, and a powerful armament.

Armored/military history isn't everyone's cup of tea, though the engineering feats are quite impressive.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Also, remember that by Lego's logic any military machine, even one that blows up entire planets, is fine as long as you slap Star Wars logo on it ;)

Just now, Sariel said:

Also, remember that by Lego's logic any military machine, even one that blows up entire planets, is fine as long as you slap Star Wars logo on it ;)

or any sort of Lucasfilm logo....Indiana Jones... Nazis....

3 hours ago, Sariel said:

We all know that Lego dislikes tank models. By this logic, they should love tank destroyers, right?;)

By that logic I should like Tatras just because I dislike Mann trucks. ;) 

Wow. This is amazing. Getting all those functions into a small area is just brilliance. The bit that was the cherry on the top is the ps4 controller. :thumbup:

Amazing model, inside and out. All the functional guns and it drives so smooth. :pir-wub: My only gripe is that the main gun seems to vibrate while driving, but I can't really offer a solution either.

6 hours ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Amazing model, inside and out. All the functional guns and it drives so smooth. :pir-wub: My only gripe is that the main gun seems to vibrate while driving, but I can't really offer a solution either.

It sort of helps if you use a spring to apply tension on the elevation mechanism, as that eliminates the lash in the LA/gears, though with the construct of pin joiners, you can put rigid hose or bars inside to limit bowing. The best non-purist solution would be to get a solid piece of brass/aluminum tubing, and place that inside instead of the lego rigid hose.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

How many tanks have you done now?  You have certainly become a master of the craft.  I like how you have branched into some really unusual designs that use more than just the generic skid steer and turret rotation features.

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

How many tanks have you done now?  You have certainly become a master of the craft.  I like how you have branched into some really unusual designs that use more than just the generic skid steer and turret rotation features.

Thanks, I've counted 22 including my very early and embarrassing attempts at tankness :) I assure you I'm still learning and there are still many things I'd like to try. Like a tank with interchangeable turrets, for instance.

Interchangeable turrets?, that would be really cool, you are starting to think like a truly military engineer, aiming to make the vehicles easy to assemble and disassemble with modular design and easy to replace parts, i am very interested in that.