Sven J

MOC: 1/33 two-axle open freight wagon

Hi everyone,

of course, my Swedish tank engine needs some adequate rolling stock, so I designed two different types of cars in 1/33 scale: a four-axle passenger coach, which should be finished in ca. 10-14 days; and the open, two-axle freight car presented here.
The model is lettered as no. 1 of a fictional museum railway, which uses the wagon for bicycle transport:

800x400.jpg

800x300.jpg

800x533.jpg

600x400.jpg

As usual, larger pictures and the lxf are available on Bricksafe.

When I have completed the passenger car, I will make a video of the whole museum train, too.

Hope you like it!

Best regards,
Sven

Edit: Videos now available here!

Edited by Tenderlok

Oh wow ...every time I get the same feeling watching your masterpieces: at first glance, the wagon doesn't seem Lego! *huh*
You did it again Sven! :thumbup:

I hope to see your trains again and again !!! :wub::wub::wub:

All right!!  I'm always excited when you present a new piece.  

As usual, I'm green with envy.  I'm half-tempted to give up on regular LEGO trains (6-7-8 studs wide) and go all out with G-gauge size.  Time and money are a little tight right now so it will have to wait.  Meanwhile, I have your fabulous creations to keep me inspired.

Dan-147

Really museum quality realization! In the sense used by Marklin and MicroMetakit or Lemaco.

Finally you have implemented the doors, wonderfully as you usually do :laugh: !

I'm rather frustrated by the wheels problem in scale modelling, perhaps I will return to open fantasy models, do you know it?

The Empire Builder

waiting for your passenger car

best regards and "good puff"

Sergio

Edited by monai

Thanks a lot, guys (btw: do we have ladies here in the Train Tech forum?)!

On 11.10.2016 at 9:14 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

[...] You did it again Sven! :thumbup:

I hope to see your trains again and again !!! :wub::wub::wub:

You're too kind, Emanuele! :wub:
Well, I've plenty of ideas for further models, but I'm beginning to run out of space for display and storage...

On 12.10.2016 at 10:51 AM, monai said:

Finally you have implemented the doors [...]

I knew you would be happy! :wink:
Unfortunately, the doors (or, more precisely, the hinges' attachments to the sides) are by far the wobbliest parts of the whole car, so they don't add much in terms of playability. Perhaps I should take some glue... :devil:

As for the 'Empire Builder', yes, I've seen it before. But while I acknowledge that it's technically brilliant, I admit that I don't like the whole steampunk story very much. Too much Jules Verne fiction for my taste.

Edited by Tenderlok
restored emoticons

Thank you, BricksMcgee !

At the moment, there's just a video of the locomotive for which the freight car was built. You can find it in my Bricksafe folder.
I'll shoot a video of the whole train when the next wagon is finished.

Edited by Tenderlok

This again is incredible. Hard to tell it's LEGO. Wonderful! Looking forward to see more!

I can only agree with the others. Stunning again!

Nice touch using old gray and dark bluish gray together. And any particular reason for the slight difference between the left and right buffers? It look great anyway.

Thank you very much, Asper and Man with a hat !

On 14.10.2016 at 6:45 AM, Man with a hat said:

Nice touch using old gray and dark bluish gray together. And any particular reason for the slight difference between the left and right buffers?

I had no choice - the doors and hinges were never produced in DBG... :wink:  But I like it, too, for it gives the car a slightly weathered appearance.
As for the buffers, please read my explanation here (last paragraph of the post).

Edited by Tenderlok
restored emoticon

As with your previous models it's got some nice touches. I like the colour of the doors that others have mentioned but the brakes are also fabulous. Are you going to build a few more of these, maybe in other colours?

Thank you, Duq !

15 hours ago, Duq said:

Are you going to build a few more of these, maybe in other colours?

For the moment, no. As I mentioned above, my space is limited, and there are still other models I want to build... Besides, the doors are quite pricey in some colours.