Puvel

[COR - MCRA] Smooth sailing

This was part of my idea for Challenge 4B but didn't finish it on time so decided to use it as MCRA result.

The HMS Alice had a smooth journey, sailing by some lovely islands.

30073176711_3345d912e7_c.jpg

29862231190_06e5a91d3c_c.jpg

Absolutely wonderful, a place where everyone wants to live! Fantastic, I love it. Also inspiring ideas to use the windows for the boats.

Sooooo cute!!! I love it! One of my favorite microbuilds for sure! And as others have commented, those windows do pose well as seaworthy ships!

Beautiful micro, Puvel, the colors pop perfectly, and the houses, rock-work and terrain, ships, and water look superb! :pir-sweet:  Brilliant photography as well, the light bouncing off the surface of the water makes it look like a render (a great thing, by the way!) :pir-wink:

Stunning micro build Puvel - really stunning! As always your colours really (as Garmadon says) 'pop' giving this scene the lazy/peaceful tropical look that I think you were going for... and those ships are really good. The arch window piece works fantastically. Great job!

Excellent micro !

Those ships are greatly designed !

It really gives a Caribbean atmosphere ! Great job !

Lovely micro!  The bright colors make this so inviting - what a great use for lime green!  I really like the color changes in the water as well as the tiny houses!

Very nice build, I love the windows and the olive green works very well here! :thumbup:

Very nice micro build, Puvel!

I also like the windows for the ships! :thumbup:  The trees and houses are very nice at such a small scale.

My favorite detail is the variation in water color to show what is below, including the tile color changes and the plate color changes below the tiles! :sweet:  It looks like there is actually land under the water with the shift from blue to light blue to trans-invisible to sand. 

I am glad this was front-paged, or I would have missed it!  I have already missed so much in BoBS...

Wow, how did I miss this earlier? Fantastic build! That is the loveliest micro island I've ever seen. The window frames for the micro ships is a great idea, and your color choices for the entire build are excellent! The way the water goes from dark to light, and then the land from tan to lime green (great use of lime green!) and bits of olive green (which really looks great here on the dark gray rocks), it all just blends together perfectly. Great part usage for the trees as well. A+ build! :thumbup: 

And congrats on being front-paged!

Yeah, I'm going to join the party late too! This is an awesome build, Puvel. The way these colors fade in and out and turn from deep water to high cliffs is just brilliant!

It looks so beautiful, if you were selling tickets, I would go there for a vacation! (and never come back...)

The micro/nanoships are brilliant too!

I was for sure I commented on this build already. At least I stayed typing it out. Anyway, my favorite feature of this build is using the windows for the ship hulls. Of course there is so much more to love in this build. The water, land, trees, small houses, and the rock work. Great job! 

Thanks for the lovely comments guys! Very happy to read them. 

And thanks for the front page Phred! I am honoured

It's awesome for such a scale. If you add a usual Kracken, it'll be a gigentic sea monster there. As far as I know LEGO has them black, brown and red. Do you have any?