Jim

42056 - Porsche GT3 RS - Customer Stickers V1 and V2

15624317003_e8eb01e330.jpg

42056 - PORSCHE GT3 RS - CUSTOM STICKERS

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON ORDERING
Time has gotten in the way of the Lego hobby. Unfortunately I am not able to sell these stickers anymore. However, my Lego Friend Marco will be taking over sales of these sets, same design / same quality.

If you are interested, please email him:

mvds_1973@hotmail.com

Or you can contact him through his Bricklinkshop:

https://store.bricklink.com/MVDS?p=MVDS#/terms

https://store.bricklink.com/DVDS?p=DVDS#/terms

Lastly I wish to sincerely thank everybody who already bought the set(s) and made it a huge success, thank you!

Walter Spierenburg

INTRODUCTION
How cool would it be to have some nice decals for your 42056 Porsche GT3 RS like the ones below?!

30042502222_de862dbfae_c.jpg

Well, recently saw a guy on Facebook posting pictures of his 42056 with such decals! I contacted him to ask if he was selling, and he was. So I bought two sets of these stickers, which he promptly sent. Tonight I applied the stickers and the result is shown below.

STICKERS
The set comes with stickers for the two sides, and one for the number plate. Make sure to use the right stickers for the right side. This seems obvious, but you can easily make an error.

30121820386_029f196915_c.jpg

Each side has four stickers, which means that the bigger one is a STAMP (sticker across multiple pieces/parts). This is frowned upon, but it can be easily fixed. Use a small hobby knife to cut the sticker after you have applied it. This will yield the perfect result.

30071986231_82b57bbd92_c.jpg

The quality of the stickers is good. Looking at them closely, you will see a little graininess, but after you have applied the stickers it's hardly noticeable. 

30071986581_f04ac58ebc_c.jpg

All in all they make a great addition to the Porsche! Especially when you put in on display.

30042409172_b18bb123b2_c.jpg

I had a talk with they guy and he happened to have a Eurobricks account. His name is 8421XXL and he will probably here to answer your questions. If you are interested in these stickers, please use the PM instead of posting it here. Thanks. 

Edit: added the following section for V2.

STICKERS V2

After the highly successful sticker set Walter created for the Porsche, he has released a second version. One of the reasons for releasing this second set, is the inclusion of a spoiler sticker. As you can see there was no sticker in the first version.

34414460070_2173e63740_c.jpg

This got solved by providing a nice sticker for the spoiler. This sticker can obviously be combined with the first version of the sticker sheet.

34667893701_e6f71abc8e_c.jpg

Below is a picture of the Porsche with first version sticker sheet combined with the spoiler sticker. The spoiler sticker is the icing on the cake.

34414460280_d9f9aafa31_c.jpg

Here's the Porsche with the new sticker sheet applied. This new version also makes the Porsche look way better than without sticker sheet. When I see a version without a sticker sheet nowadays, I really find it's missing something. It just needs a pair of Walter's stickers. Whether it's version 1 or 2, I will leave that up for you to decide. I will revert back to version 1 with the spoiler sticker. I just love that look.

34414460410_34e2a8c2d1_c.jpg

Here's the new design in more detail. Very nice and clean design!

34760539056_36a1d23e74_c.jpg

And a full shot of the new design.

34667893961_7cfd518f99_c.jpg

You can get these new stickers by contacting Walter (@8421XXL) directly or by visiting the MVDS Bricklink Store, a friend of Walter's.

1 minute ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Looks interresting..

BTW: you've got the front arched panels put on the other way around.

Sharp eye :wink:

I detached them and put them back on....apparently without looking carefully.

I didn't even notice when taking the pictures :laugh:

Thanks for bringing these to our attention Jim.

They're awesome and make the car look 'complete'. I think I'll have to buy me a set.

Just ordered mine! Like Grum64 said, it makes the car look 'complete'.

Its like you don't know what your missing until you see it, then wham!!!  Thanks Jim!  Makes you wonder why TLG didn't provide them in the first place.

Edited by JGW3000

wow.... These are great. Mine are ordered and will now go on my ultimate "displayable" version. Perhaps I will have to take new pics.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

How are you guys ordering them?  I pm'd the user Jim mentioned but no response.

Be patient and give the guy (Walter) some to sleep will you :wink:

Or he was very busy making stickers :laugh:

7 hours ago, technic_addict said:

PM send to you (did not receive yours for some reason).

11 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

wow.... These are great. Mine are ordered and will now go on my ultimate "displayable" version. Perhaps I will have to take new pics.

Sticker look great!

Interesting fact is that AFOLs blame LEGO for designing stickers that need to be applied over multiple parts (STOMP), but then again fine doing so on their own. :wacko:

Just now, zux said:

Interesting fact is that AFOLs blame LEGO for designing stickers that need to be applied over multiple parts (STOMP), but then again fine doing so on their own. :wacko:

You mean STAMP, and I have already addressed it in my "review".

5 minutes ago, zux said:

Sticker look great!

zux, for your information, the Designer and I made this deliberate. Trying to fit this sticker as 2 seperate stickers makes it much harder to apply them striaght. it is a challange as it is to apply them neatly.

Also we did not like the "look" of the sticker in 2 parts (also the real life sticker is one piece).

So this sticker being so called STAMP is a well thought over decision.

As Jim mentioned, if you do not want it to be STAMP, simply cut it after applying to the door, "problem" solved ;-)!

9 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Jim included a decent promo here:

17 hours ago, Jim said:

30121820386_029f196915_c.jpg

1 hour ago, 8421XXL said:

What country is the licence plate from? 

I don´t use facebook and don´t like to do this half secret PM stuff if the moderator advertises you in the open.

How much will the stickers cost?

4 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

I don´t use facebook and don´t like to do this half secret PM stuff if the moderator advertises you in the open.

I recommended sending a PM since this is not the Buying & Selling forum. No super secret stuff going on and you don't need Facebook.

1 minute ago, brunojj1 said:

Oops, I´m sorry! Thanks anyway!

No worries.

I'm sure 8421XXL will answer your other questions.

40 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Jim included a decent promo here:

What country is the licence plate from? 

How much will the stickers cost?

You have a PM from me brunojj1

3 hours ago, 8421XXL said:

Maybe there is an issue with the PM system or my settings?  I have not received anything from you.

18 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Maybe there is an issue with the PM system or my settings?  I have not received anything from you.

technic_addict pls email to nestboxlive@yahoo.com