just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21310 Old Fishing Store (Fall 2017)

Well that was unexpected, but cool! I like the look of the building. I thought Johnny 5 was too similar to Wall-E to pass. While I thought the Star Wars ones were cool, I doubted they would pass to. But the fishing stuff looks fun!

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I was just coming here to post this myself. Like you, just2good, I was not expecting this to be the chosen project; I thought the Gingerbread House, Fossil Museum, and Johnny Five were all likelier. But there's no disputing the merits of this highly deserving project, and I think it will make a beautiful set.

5 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I was just coming here to post this myself. Like you, just2good, I was not expecting this to be the chosen project; I thought the Gingerbread House, Fossil Museum, and Johnny Five were all likelier. But there's no disputing the merits of this highly deserving project, and I think it will make a beautiful set.

Same here. I had pegged this as a brilliant MOC with zero actualy chance to get picked.

Will propably pick this up, especially if the final model is actually sand green.

I do hope those tiles will come in sand green. I was not expecting it but among the selection, I like it the most.

Wow, I was really surprised (in a good way!) by this being chosen as the next Ideas set! I will definitely pick this one up.

It is nice to see Ideas finally embracing the concept of a larger set.  As for sand green, it probably will stay that color.  Changing that would be too far a deviation from the original project and probably would not be received well by those who supported it.  My guess is that it will appear very close to the creator's design.  There are a lot of nice details on this one to explore.  

Wow! I didn't expect this. The first time I saw it, I was sold!

I'll better start saving even more money for buying Lego next year!

EDIT: I really hope The Lego Group adds a lot of seagulls!

Edited by Wesley D

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

EDIT: I really hope The Lego Group adds a lot of seagulls!

I am also really surprised this set made it, I was expecting no one to pass this review..

If you have a look at the updates at the set you will see that they chanced the owl with 3 seagulls!

I expect that this set will come with a lot of animals, like fish, crabs, starfish, maybe a lobster and of course a flock of seagulls anything else do not make sense in a set like this!

Looking forward to see the finished set :sweet:

Woow nice to see Lego Ideas is embarking on larger projects. Love this one, will probably be the first ideas set that I buy.

My only question though is will the final set be similar to what the model currently is or will it end up being just the facade similar to a city set and not be a full enclosed building.  

Another great news. Along with the 2017 modular rumor news, it will be another exciting and worth to wait set as a modular theme fan! Please do not deviate too much from this original design!

Edited by jaesroe

Positively surprised about this. I like the theme and the building itself, it's something new and fresh for Lego. I might get it

What the heck?

I didn't see this coming!

I bet they will include a fisherman minifigure

Can't wait to see the final!

Edited by Robert8

I can't see any playability at all. Maybe if they redesign it. Add 2-3 minifigs, boat, holder for net drying, fish selling window on the other side, some action, some life.

As it is, it is totally static.

On the other hand, it is very very beautiful. I truly like it, the way it looks. Its solitary, lonely, sad, forgotten, abandoned atmosphere. I like it. But I thought it would work against it in evaluation. I was wrong. 

Maybe LEGO thinks there is enough potential to be a set even as shelf queen only. 

Edited by J_C