Fu9U5DxwH2s.jpg

Hello, everyone! I'm proud to invite Eurobricks members to Jeep-trial competition, that will be held in Moscow at November 12-13 by Lego Technic Russia community (https://vk.com/technic_club). If you are ready to visit Moscow those days, we are waiting for you! Build the offroader, run it through obstacles as fast and accurate as you can and win Lego Technic sets! Also it is wonderful possibility to meet Russian Eurobricks members (RM8, desert752, filsawgood - they are main organizers of the event) and many other talented builders from all over the Russia and another countries. Of course, we will help you to set accommodation in Moscow and we will do our best to make sure you are enjoying visiting Moscow and participating in competition. Please, contact me as soon as possible in PM or post in this topic if you are going to come to Moscow and participate.

I've chosen this forum to post, because it seems to me that here it is more likely to catch as many Technic builders as it possible. 

Specially for Eurobricks forum I have translated rules of competition into English from Russian. My native language is Russian so mistakes are possible. Please, feel free to ask any question if something is not clear to you. 

1. Theme of competition is Jeep-trial. You need to build an offroader and drive it through number of obstacles as faster as you can with minimum penalty scores.
  2. Competition will be held in two categories: TROPHY and TRIAL. TPOPHY offroader should have open differentials. TRIAL offroader might not have differentials at all.
  3. General rules:
    1. Your model should be AWD offroader built in Lego Technic style. Trucks are not allowed. Only cars, buggies, pickups and vehicles that are based on these. Suspension is obligatory. Tanks and other vehicles that is not a car in an original form are not allowed.
    2. Appearance, type of body, colour, tuning is chosen at your discretion.
    3. You can use models that were built and published by you before or you can use suitable chassis and elements of chassis designer by other authors. In a case you use other author’s chassis completely, you should mention author of chassis in the entry. IMPORTANT: Bodywork of your model should be exclusively your design, copying the bodywork of other authors is prohibited.
    4. Electrics and remote control are obligatory. No more than 1 XL-motor or 2 L-motor or 3 M-motor can be used for propulsion. SBricks are allowed. Only original Lego battery blocks are allowed. RC-block and buggy-motors are prohibited.
    5. Mechanism and configuration of steering are not regulated. Tank steering is prohibited. Only steering knuckles like in real autos.
    6. Non-Lego parts are prohibited excluding the cases described in rules.
    7. Any modification of Lego parts is prohibited including stretching tires and wearing them on non-suitable rims.
    8. U-joint can be strengthen with string.
    9. Original and self-made stickers are allowed if only they do not cover two and more parts. Self-made canopies for bodywork or roof from paper or textile are allowed.
    10. Winches are prohibited.
    11. Model should have a steering wheel and driver seat. Scale of model should allow to fit the Technic figure inside the interior (figure is not obligatory).
  4. Rules of TROPHY category:
    1. All axles of offroader should have open differentials. All type of differential locking and imitations of differential locking is prohibited. Only front axle can be steered.
    2. Maximum diameter of wheels is 69 mm, minimum is 62 mm.
    3. Non-Lego tires are prohibited.
    4. Offroader should have one of the following wheel formula: 4x4 or 6x6. Do not forget the 3.1 paragraph of Rules.
    5. Width of axles should be no more than 16 studs. Width is calculated between the points of rims’ connection to the axle. Width of standard wheel hub is calculated as 2.5 stud, width of portal wheel hub – 4.5 stud.
    6. Offroader should have tow hitch. Tow hitch should be made using one of these part: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=1368 or http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=204. Tow hitch should be attached to the rear overhang and can be detachable for better crawling possibilities.
  5. Rules of TRIAL category:
    1. Differentials are not obligatory.
    2. Maximum diameter of wheels is 81.6 mm, minimum is 62 mm.
    3. Non-original tires are allowed as they meet 5.2 paragraph of the Rules.
    4. Offroader should have one of the following wheel formula: 4x4 or 6x6. Do not forget the 3.1 paragraph of Rules.
    5. Width of axles should be no more than 18 studs. Width is calculated between the points of rims’ connection to the axle. Width of standard wheel hub is calculated as 2.5 stud, width of portal wheel hub – 4.5 stud.
  6. One participant can entry with 2 models if only they are in different categories and in case of winning in two categories participant will get prize only for highest place.
  7. Photos and description of entry should be posted in special topic (https://vk.com/topic-40661157_36038696) or in this topic with copying the entry in PM to me. Every entry should be consisted of:
    1. Name, surname of participant.
    2. Age.
    3. Name of offroader.
    4. Category of offroader.
    5. Description of offroader, including description of additional functions (if they exist).
    6. No more than 10 photos of offroader can be attached.

Also in another day, before or after the main competition, we will have some fun races on small models. Rules of races are simple: only one L-motor for propulsion with M-motor or Servo for steering and wheel diameter should be between 30mm and 43mm. I will post detailed rules of race after they are approved by organizers. 

Edited by Limga
Fixed some links.

5 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

I may join... Is gearboxes allowed? Is double wheels are allowed?

gearbox is allowed. What do you mean by "double wheels"?

Wow, this is an awesome opportunity and I would love to participate, but sadly, Russia is so far away. Also, I need a Visa, and getting one is a lengthy process. But thanks for the open invite, I will definitely try to come, next year :)

5 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Like rear axles at trucks. Two wheels instead of one.

I don't think you really need this. We have limited  width of obstacles. Heavy rear axle is disadvantage for trial

really nice! but i don't think i can join that (russia is away...), have I any chance that some rare will race with a chassis built by me? maybe i can build one and ask for that right?

8 hours ago, PKW said:

really nice! but i don't think i can join that (russia is away...), have I any chance that some rare will race with a chassis built by me? maybe i can build one and ask for that right?

There are many chassis of other authors that were used on previous events. You can build and ask, of course, but I can't guarantee that anybody will decide to use your chassis:) I will share it, of course. 

Thanks for the invite. Too soon for me to make plans this year, but I may be interested in the future. It sounds like a great event.

It seems like personal messages doesn't work here or I have some problems with them. If anyone has sent me an entry, please, copy it here with some contacts (Facebook, e-mail) to make sure we can contact you and deliver all necessary information about the event.

There is nothing impossible! We are waiting for special guest from about 10000 km far

:wink::tongue:

9xCfVa6CGYU.jpg

Edited by rm8

I am so happy to see that the forum (and of course the People on the forum) can elevate the passion and manifests it in such international events. :classic: Heartwarming, I am really looking forward for the videos, pictures, I wish the best fun for every participants! :thumbup: 

Those vehicles look amazing Madoca, i am looking forward for the trial, seems like there will be many cool vehicles there.

Madoka is going to cut us in half by his katana...at least by design skills.  But if he'll teach us his mastership, we will show em how to drive on roads without roads, only directions:tongue:

Edited by rm8

22 hours ago, Madoca 1977 said:

I'm ready! :wink: :excited:

Is that a Type-R? *huh* Looks delicious! I hope we see very soon their own Topics. :wink:

9 hours ago, rm8 said:

Madoka is going to cut us in half by his katana...at least by design skills.  But if he'll teach us his mastership, we will show em how to drive on roads without roads, only directions:tongue:

:laugh:  Yes, dashcam videos just a thing, but the live experience!

3 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Sorry for bumping old topic, but I probably missed photos or vidoes from this event. Where can I find them?

Hi

video is no ready yet

here are photos in 2 albums

https://vk.com/album-40661157_237958870

https://vk.com/album-40661157_237839781

We have a good time!

best photos below!

Headliner of our event by LTR was Madoka, who came to Moscow from Japan!*huh*may be...next MOCs by Madoka?:classic:

WhqneHJPQKE.jpgoyaQNc5JEJA.jpgLMS2aG02RJY.jpgXHTkj2I6qUk.jpg

Really hard trail!

CymLMop0DG8.jpgYLXermCBODc.jpg

This  Japanese car was not ready for Russian roads

kaTcWEwN15c.jpg

Sbrick was here!

JSGIq033Ziw.jpg

Scale model builders!

jw_k5UuuZAQ.jpg

Kirill DesertEagle and his "Steampunk trial lowrider 6x6 AMG killer" Aware of it, afraid of it:devil:

F0mjuYnXb5A.jpgSoImKFXRLn4.jpg

Limga and his teammate. Sponsored by LEGO Friends:grin:

iGpT0WgbYpk.jpg-OIcdhaMAgk.jpg

Young generation studying by Madoca

ERvJyOX-GZo.jpg

Two visions of LADA Niva

eG-anUn5lmo.jpg

This Girl is driving much better than some of us *huh*

jXiVMnMK7Po.jpg

Kirill and his John Deere skidder chased by unkillable Toyota Hilux

8fgnLE0IvKQ.jpg

Rush hour at Moscow's roads

0W-aDF_FfV4.jpgYJsIvCl7O4E.jpg

Happy guys just get Sbrick as prizes (sponsored by Vengit)

ueBIVp_AgQQ.jpg

Galim's first pneumatic set, sponsored by LEGO Group!

We hope such brutal man like Galim should stop playing LEGO Friends! Real man should play pneumatics excavators!

gnniCmyNzo4.jpg

Madoka and his fans

n4CGF1fz5DE.jpg

Hey you two, what are you doing here?!:laugh:

ivVuKgfj83E.jpg

Race cars

SMz91P6DZgU.jpgwyT4NEGBJhY.jpg

Pirzes from LEGO Group and SBrick (Vengit)!

vMVf82LkAio.jpg2oc4WJ3Ow-Y.jpg

esi4hDaOK_I.jpg

Edited by rm8

Happy new year!

Here is the first video from last event: TRIAL Qualification (round 1)

Edited by rm8