Even though not much was added, I'm still super stoked that they released an update. It is almost as if they still care about it...

4 minutes ago, shayminlover2 said:

Even though not much was added, I'm still super stoked that they released an update. It is almost as if they still care about it...

Me too, as quite a few of my requests for bricks to be added were finally added, so thank you to LEGO anyway.

If only they added a way to upload custom stickers or added the stickers themselves.

Edited by shayminlover2

Can someone tell me whom I shall E-Mail to make them finally fix the color and decal palette UI in Extended Mode?!

• Color Palette needs a scroll bar. Urgently.
  • Decal Palette/Pop-up should not freeze every now and then when I try to scroll it! It also should not disappear when I do not focus my mouse on it, add an X button in the corner for Christ's sake!
Edited by The Mugbearer

3 minutes ago, The Mugbearer said:

Can someone tell me whom I shall E-Mail to make them finally fix the color and decal palette UI in Extended Mode?!

• Decal Palette should not freeze every now and then when I try to scroll it! It also should not disappear when I do not focus my mouse on it, add an X button in the corner for Christ's sake!

I don't know who to email, but I totally agree with what you have to say!  Adding to that there should be larger Decal Palettes as the current tiny size makes it really hard to find a particular Deco!  Oh, and don't forget to enable scrolling with your middle mouse on all Palettes!

Edited by suenkachun

31 minutes ago, The Mugbearer said:

• Decal Palette/Pop-up should not freeze every now and then when I try to scroll it! It also should not disappear when I do not focus my mouse on it, add an X button in the corner for Christ's sake!

LEGO Customer Services is the best bet.

48 minutes ago, Superkalle said:

LEGO Customer Services is the best bet.

Thank you! I have messaged them, let's see if we'll get any sensible response!

On 3/10/2016 at 7:44 PM, suenkachun said:

OK, but at least the Speedometer is back in the correct place.

I'll have to correct my earlier post, as although the Speedometer is back in the correct place, you can still decorate a 1x2 Flat Tile with this deco.  Therefore, unless LEGO actually releases such a design in reality this deco should be removed from the 1x2 Flat Tile range.

10 hours ago, La Chupacabra said:

From what set is that part 23949 (Roof tile 2 x 6 45 deg). Nothing on BL. 

10 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Just Googled Roof Tile 2x6 and no results either.  Maybe it's an unreleased new part?

Strange…

Cool unexpected update, useful parts added.

The new 2x2 wheel rims weren't added, but they're just decoration parts so that's ok.

I think part 92692 still hasn't been fixed.

Edited by anothergol

Is this a glitch? My LDD is still updating, it parses little bits at a time, at about 30 mb each. I do not modify or run anything extra, I just opened it and it updates again. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it a micro-update?

EDIT: It just stopped, opening to see what happened. Re-downloaded, everything OK.

Edited by monkeyjay2003

I'm super pumped up for this update. LDD is my main platform for building models for my business and I'm often having to come up with new ways to build a product due to an unavailable part. It's great to see they're still working on keeping it up to date with what we have available through sets. I'm also extremely pleased to see that there are some pieces in the update that I was actually wanting to use on a product in the works! 

It does frustrate me, however, that the TLG chooses parts that, although cool in and of themselves, are somewhat pointless in light of what most people use LDD for today. For example, the banana suit piece. After TLG stopped offering the ability to purchase the sets you created, I feel like most minifigure pieces (e.g. torso and legs) became obsolete. Now that they've updated the program and included more of those types of pieces (and a lot of them) it makes me a bit irked that there aren't more actual building pieces. Sure you can still come up with some creative ways to use the banana suit and dog in a MOC you build, but I'd personally prefer to get the parts that so many people have already mentioned. Like the Xerion tires! Don't get me wrong I'm so happy for an updated, especially with pieces I was needing just the other day, but the banana suit? Seriously? Does anybody feel the same?  

On a side note, thanks a lot to Superkalle for putting together a photo of all the pieces. It's great to see them all in one place.

Also, I downed the banana suit a lot, but it was only an example. I freakin love that piece. =D

I think I found the LEGO Dimensions toy bases in the "motor icon" section (to my knowledge, they were not there before).  Are the old masts new in the "tail fin icon" section?

@Brick_Classics, many people (like myself) use LDD for making 3D models for LEGO Ideas and thus use quite a variety of the Minifig parts.  The Banna suit is virtually useless to me but I was very happy to see the other Minifig pieces especially the Rogue hood.  I don't feel like we don't need those pieces, on the contrary I am actually dying to get Ati-Matter's hood-mask piece for a MOC.  All that said, I do feel we could use some more actual building pieces, I have many projects on hold until the right pieces are added.

58 minutes ago, RAKRONDEWL said:

I think I found the LEGO Dimensions toy bases in the "motor icon" section (to my knowledge, they were not there before).  Are the old masts new in the "tail fin icon" section?

Nope, they were all there before (“motor icon” is actually the “Electric Parts” category, and “tail fin icon,” “Transportation Means, Vehicles”).

Superkalle’s picture contains all the new parts in 2248 (ditto for previous pictures for previous updates). It’s rather easy to verify in the .lif.

I hadn't actually thought of that, @RAKRONDEWL. After recognizing that point it makes a whole lot more sense as to why they are continuing to put out those sort of pieces. I have noticed how many prospective idea sets that people produce, including the new fishing shack (so excited!), are done in LDD I just never made the connection. Thanks for bringing that to light. I appreciate it.

They completely reworked the minifigure parts system, but still haven't added Hagrid's body or the extra-long arms and legs, and neck-pieces still don't fit properly. Tanj it

Edited by BrokenEye

11 hours ago, Brick_Classics said:

On a side note, thanks a lot to Superkalle for putting together a photo of all the pieces. It's great to see them all in one place.

Thanks!

On Tuesday, October 04, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Blip said:

The bog-standard minifig torso has completely disappeared from mine

The torso, arms, and hands are now five separate parts that you can put together instead of just one that you can only move around. Presumably for greater customizability. You can have a guy with two pirate hooks instead of just one, a guy with one satyr leg and one normal leg (like Krampus or something). Of course, all the minifigures in any saved builds you got are going to fail to load and have to be rebuilt from scratch, which seems like a bit of a weird oversight.

Anyone know what's going on with the heads being untexturable?

Edited by BrokenEye

15 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

The torso, arms, and hands are now five separate parts that you can put together instead of just one that you can only move around.

Huh? Not here. They are still assemblies. And heads can have faces.

11 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Huh? Not here. They are still assemblies. And heads can have faces.

Something must've glitched out when I updated, then.

Yeah, definitely glitched. I just checked and my entire Decorations folder is completely empty. Including my custom decorations I made. Damnit, I worked hard on those. Someone please tell me there's a way to get back the old contents of that folder.

EDIT: Aha! My computer backed up the folder last week on Monday. All is not lost after all. Praise whomever!

Still don't know what went wrong with the update, though. Or how to fix it.

Edited by BrokenEye

There’s still your backup. Because, of course, you have a backup…. :hmpf_bad:

Sad way to learn to keep a copy of your work, especially when you put it next to an auto-updating application. :cry_sad:

34 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

There’s still your backup. Because, of course, you have a backup…. :hmpf_bad:

Sad way to learn to keep a copy of your work, especially when you put it next to an auto-updating application. :cry_sad:

I didn't know it was going to update! Well, no harm now foul, I suppose.

How do I fix all that other stuff? Ne'er ye mind. I'll just reinstall it. I've already got everything backed up anyway.

Edited by BrokenEye

Hmm... reinstalling didn't fix it. Still no textures. Arms and bodies are still listed as separate parts. The whole shebang. And I downloaded an all new installer file and everything. Help?

Edited by BrokenEye

4 minutes ago, BrokenEye said:

Hmm... reinstalling didn't fix it. Still no textures. Arms and bodies are still listed as separate parts. The whole shebang.

This is exactly the reason why we don't discuss these sort of things here in the forum. Not only is it against the EULA to reverse engineering the LIF and start fiddling around in the files, but it is also messes up the discussions since we get "issues" reported that has nothing to do with the core program and brickset. It only leads to confusion. 

Sorry to be so harsh, but please don't discuss and bring up issues here in the forum related to or caused by fiddling around with the internals.